Muzzy Exhaust - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
A.K.A****Decifer
 
CJScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Philly PA
Posts: 407
Send a message via AIM to CJScott Send a message via Yahoo to CJScott
Muzzy Exhaust

Anyone have a Muzzy exhaust on their R1, i wondering how you like it and what kind of performance gains did you get? If you hae a pic post em up
CJScott is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-29-2002, 07:31 PM
MY R1 IS THE SHYT!
 
RATED R-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: OKINAWA, JAPAN
Posts: 181
Send a message via AIM to RATED R-1
I have a Muzzy on mine and I seem to like both the appearance and that unique Muzzy sound. As far as performance, there are no complaints. I have not dyno'd so I dont know how it compares to a Ak or devil or hindle, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rearr1.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	15489  
RATED R-1 is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 05:45 PM
see you at the races and ride
 
LDHR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: central california
Posts: 3,891
Is the muzzy a 4 into 1? Ivan says the muzzy is his second choice for 98-01 R1's behind the akro. I believe he said it has less of a low-end dip/loss.
LDHR1 is offline  
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 09:31 AM
My R1 eats Jackoffs
 
SunDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 37
Muzzy Rules

I just put a full Muzzy on my '00 R1 and it KICKS ASS. I have driven a couple R1's with the Akra... The Muzzy spanks em till 10,000 rpm. No low end dip, more hp all the way up the curve till 8,000 rpm... not to mention they sound soooo much better than the quieter Akra.

This is not just my opinion, numbers prove it... comparing price, performance and sound Muzzy has Akra beat hands down.

Keep lookin at me and I'm liable to come over and rip your eyes outta your head and eat em!
SunDevil is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 09:35 AM
Banned
 
r1-superstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: -------------------
Posts: 9,594
Re: Muzzy Rules

Quote:
Originally posted by SunDevil
I just put a full Muzzy on my '00 R1 and it KICKS ASS. I have driven a couple R1's with the Akra... The Muzzy spanks em till 10,000 rpm. No low end dip, more hp all the way up the curve till 8,000 rpm... not to mention they sound soooo much better than the quieter Akra.

This is not just my opinion, numbers prove it... comparing price, performance and sound Muzzy has Akra beat hands down.



I am not arguing that Muzzy sucks, they are good.


You obviously have not ridden my R1 yet.
r1-superstar is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 12:47 PM
My R1 eats Jackoffs
 
SunDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 37
Re: Re: Muzzy Rules

Quote:
Originally posted by r1-superstar


I am not arguing that Muzzy sucks, they are good.


You obviously have not ridden my R1 yet.
Uh... so what is your point? That you admit Muzzy is good and/or That I obviously have not ridden Your R1? Okay... you got me there

I am not sure what you are confused about... but I definately am

Keep lookin at me and I'm liable to come over and rip your eyes outta your head and eat em!
SunDevil is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
A.K.A****Decifer
 
CJScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Philly PA
Posts: 407
Send a message via AIM to CJScott Send a message via Yahoo to CJScott
Juat wanted to add i ended up getting a muzzy full ti system
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	muzzy system.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	16823  
CJScott is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 01:10 PM
Banned
 
r1-superstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: -------------------
Posts: 9,594
Re: Re: Re: Muzzy Rules

Quote:
Originally posted by SunDevil
Uh... so what is your point? That you admit Muzzy is good and/or That I obviously have not ridden Your R1? Okay... you got me there

I am not sure what you are confused about... but I definately am

Confused you say?

You stated that Muzzy kicks Akra's ass on an R1. You also stated that your R1 fitted with a Muzzy system is better than an R1 with an Akra. I simply stated that you have not ridden my R1.

What's so confusing about that?














r1-superstar is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 01:30 PM
My R1 eats Jackoffs
 
SunDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 37
Whew... Well I am glad we cleared that up! So your point WAS that I have not ridden your bike. As I said... OKAY you got me there.

You were the one to copy my post and put up the confused icon on your post... I just simply didn't see what there was to be confused about.

Like I said I am stating fact. I spoke with Ivan for about 20 minutes last week and he said he recommends Muzzy 2nd to Akra. Like I said in another post... Akra has some features that make it better for overall hp gains. BUT that is HIGH rpm horspower... in a place where 90% of street riders will never use it. AWESOME on the track but virtually meaningless on the street.

When I was doing my research I ran across Ivans dyno comparison of the Akra vs Muzzy and Muzzy produced more hp (without the big Akra dip) all the way up to around 8,000 rpm. At that point they were identical till around 10 grand where Akra produced more.

If you feel the need to call me then

Nuff said

Keep lookin at me and I'm liable to come over and rip your eyes outta your head and eat em!
SunDevil is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 01:34 PM
Banned
 
r1-superstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: -------------------
Posts: 9,594
Quote:
Originally posted by SunDevil
Whew... Well I am glad we cleared that up! So your point WAS that I have not ridden your bike. As I said... OKAY you got me there.

You were the one to copy my post and put up the confused icon on your post... I just simply didn't see what there was to be confused about.

Like I said I am stating fact. I spoke with Ivan for about 20 minutes last week and he said he recommends Muzzy 2nd to Akra. Like I said in another post... Akra has some features that make it better for overall hp gains. BUT that is HIGH rpm horspower... in a place where 90% of street riders will never use it. AWESOME on the track but virtually meaningless on the street.

When I was doing my research I ran across Ivans dyno comparison of the Akra vs Muzzy and Muzzy produced more hp (without the big Akra dip) all the way up to around 8,000 rpm. At that point they were identical till around 10 grand where Akra produced more.

If you feel the need to call me then

Nuff said

I see where the difference is, your talking apples and I'm talking oranges. You must be talking about the pre-02' R1s. I'm talking about the fuel injected 02-03' models.

Oh, BTW; there are many other tuners out there than just Ivan.

Peace................
r1-superstar is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 01:50 PM
I eat my R1
 
Ninedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Allentown, Pa
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally posted by CJScott
Juat wanted to add i ended up getting a muzzy full ti system
Sweet Carman glad to see you got a full system. I can't wait to hear that. Are you going to do a dyno run after its on?

The Speed Channel tought me everything I need to know about riding a motorcycle!
Ninedown is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
A.K.A****Decifer
 
CJScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Philly PA
Posts: 407
Send a message via AIM to CJScott Send a message via Yahoo to CJScott
Quote:
Originally posted by Ninedown
Sweet Carman glad to see you got a full system. I can't wait to hear that. Are you going to do a dyno run after its on?
Yeah as soon as my bikes back together ill have it ran on the dyno, ill let you know how it does
CJScott is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 04:30 PM
tHE GODFATHER
 
SpidermanSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canton, Ga.
Posts: 30,877
Send a message via AIM to SpidermanSS
Quote:
Originally posted by liquidone
Yes, I have a Muzzy on my 02 R1. Muzzy used my bike for the prototype and all I can say is that it is sweet. They spent 2 full months designing, testing and improving the system and then built brand new machinery to build the systems.

I'm not at liberty to disclose numbers (per Muzzy's request), but I can say that it turned more than the full Graves system (at an independant dealer in Colorado)....Sound is perfect - not too loud, not too quiet.

I'll post pics soon - we are still in the "project" phase.

-L1
Keep us informed on the performance and all liquidone....!

If they work good, I'll make sure to tell Mike to get a few in at the shop...




www.gravesport.com / www.r1-forum.com / www.r6-forum.com/ Graves Racing Services


TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN

Twitter: @SpidermanSS / @Gravesport

Instagram: @SpidermanSS / @Gravesport

KILO 3483 : fastblueR1 : K_FleXXX : GLENN "ELVIS" : Gawarrior : Vman1300 : Bandrews
SpidermanSS is online now  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
A.K.A****Decifer
 
CJScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Philly PA
Posts: 407
Send a message via AIM to CJScott Send a message via Yahoo to CJScott
Here you go, dynoed 141hp with Muzzy full system and Ivans jet kit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	r1dynorun.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	16856  
CJScott is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 12:38 AM
New and Improved Forum Bitch
 
evilR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 4,534
Not on a R1, but I did have the Muzzy race system, titanium high mount with carbon fiber can on a ZX7. I was very impressed with the performance and sound- and it was lite as hell- like 5 1/2 pounds- hell, I took bolts off that tank-of-a-bike that weighed that much. Get the system and be a little different, you won't be dissapointed.

My mind is a constant battlefield between Good and Evil
-one side is winning
http://www.r1-forum.com/gallery/data...lbitch_sig.JPG

Tate can be a bad boy here: clickizzle
evilR1 is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 04:17 AM
Been there, done it, got the T
 
nutball73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: UK (rest of the World)
Posts: 167
Off-subject a bit maybe, but anyone else (other than me) read Aaron Slight's biography "You don't know the half of it"?

In it he completely slags the Muzzi Kawasaki WSB team when he rode for them, saying they were more interested in putting bits on the bike as product placement rather than using bits that actually worked...
nutball73 is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 06:30 AM
Honda's Grrrrr
 
rossm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,034
Quote:
Originally posted by nutball73
Off-subject a bit maybe, but anyone else (other than me) read Aaron Slight's biography "You don't know the half of it"?

In it he completely slags the Muzzi Kawasaki WSB team when he rode for them, saying they were more interested in putting bits on the bike as product placement rather than using bits that actually worked...
If you've followed Aaron's career you will find he whines like a school girl about everything.

Ross
rossm is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
A.K.A****Decifer
 
CJScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Philly PA
Posts: 407
Send a message via AIM to CJScott Send a message via Yahoo to CJScott
Hey guys help me out with one more thing, When i install my exhaust since i no longer use the exup valve do i just disconnect the cabler from the servo motor ? if i dont wanna get sams servo saver or whatever it called?
CJScott is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 03:01 AM
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
 
R1Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 6,538
Quote:
Originally posted by r1-superstar
I see where the difference is, your talking apples and I'm talking oranges. You must be talking about the pre-02' R1s. I'm talking about the fuel injected 02-03' models.

Oh, BTW; there are many other tuners out there than just Ivan.

Peace................
*****OFF TOPIC*******

R1-Superstar,

Man, I just noticed something. The other day I was reading one of your posts, and I could have swore you had about 700 posts (I could have been seeing things). Now I look at your post count, and you are over 930 LMAO!!! Man, do you live here or something?






I do, but I can't seem to post as fast as you

Last edited by R1Fanatic; 12-13-2002 at 03:04 AM.
R1Fanatic is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 03:12 AM Thread Starter
A.K.A****Decifer
 
CJScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Philly PA
Posts: 407
Send a message via AIM to CJScott Send a message via Yahoo to CJScott
Quote:
Originally posted by R1Fanatic
*****OFF TOPIC*******



Man, do you live here or something?






I do, but I can't seem to post as fast as you
Dont we all
CJScott is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome