Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Carbon Fiber Suppliers List

72K views 490 replies 98 participants last post by  TheSloMoShow 
#1 · (Edited)
I often get asked where I got this or that carbon part from...so I 'm starting a list of addresses of Carbon Fibre manufacturers, suppliers and Ebay sites.

And I think a rating of 1 to 5 (5 being the most perfect quality) would help. Some of the lower rated companies provide a fine product for less money, and should be considered.

Please add to the list, no matter how small or low volume the company is. Some companies may only make a couple of parts that no other company may make.

www.motoworks.co.jp 5

www.cleverwolfracing.co.jp 5

www.dynomite.co.uk 4-5

www.bst.com 5

www.worldofqbcarbon.co.uk 4-5

www.bestem.com ?

www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au 4

www.powerbronze.co.uk 3-4

www.tekarbon.com 3-4

wwww.dashlite.com 3

See less See more
#451 ·
Picked these gems up today from a smash repairer which had no clue what they were selling.

I paid $250 for these and in perfect condition,they were even in sealed bags with scratch protection over the top.

1Carbontech Air box/Tank cover
GYTR Front Fender
Moto Works Dash surround
Evolution Tail Tidy - Already had this thanks to Eli/Ebags
MDI Heat Shield - Had this already

#453 ·
I was surprised at the quality of the 1carbontech and GYTR although the Evolution is on par,they originally wanted $200 a piece and $50 for the dash surround,i told them i'll take them for $250 cash in hand and off the books......And here we are.

#458 ·
Hey Tim,i weighed the front fender and airbox.

Front Fender - 131gms
Air Box Cover - 98gms

These things will shred some weight,will be changing parts over tomorrow night and recording the difference.

I've already lost 1.14kgs so far.

#462 ·
Here are some pics,i didn't take a before pic for the air box cover,i have no idea why people call it a tank cover.

The pieces are remarkable and built with exceptional quality,i wouldn't hesitate to purchase more GYTR parts if they came available. The fitment was perfect and the weaves are gorgeous.

#476 ·
Who's got the best fitting and looking carbon fiber. I plan on painting the bike a bright gold with a lot of metallic and doing the lower tank fairings, rear/maybe front fenders, mid outer side fairing, and maybe a few other small pieces in carbon fiber. I can't find a place that has all these that people actually say are good cause its just mixed reviews all around. I'm not worried about price. I just want them to actually fit good and look good but I'm not spending $2k+ for the parts though, I'll paint carbon fiber on my OEM pieces at that price haha

#477 ·
That's part of the problem for the 07-08 R1. Not one company makes all the parts, so you may have to buy from a couple places. Also depends if you want twill or plain weave.

My top 2 are

Lacomoto
MDI

Really happy with z4motorsports though but have only bought one item from them so I won't rank em.

#479 ·
That's part of the problem for the 07-08 R1. Not one company makes all the parts, so you may have to buy from a couple places. Also depends if you want twill or plain weave.

its worse for the Xplanker.. :fact

#480 ·
Hi guys. I got these 06 ducts from 'Carbon Fibre Fever' in the U.K. All I can say is wow! I've seen a lotttt of carbon fibre over the years and this stuff is def on another level. Flawless gorgeous finish/look and OEM fit right out of the box. It's definitely not the cheapest nor the fastest turnaround (took 3 months from ordering) but I can see why this guy is under the pump from people wanting his individual pieces - def worth the $ and wait time!

Can't wait to place another order or seven when funds permit lol

#487 ·
hey guys, I saw a post on here a few months back, about a guy who bought a carbon fibre sheet and made a couple brackets etc out of it.

I cant find the post or the link now - and I cant find it on Ebay either. Im hoping someone will know what Im talking about and help out with a link?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.