Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#7,771 ·
Well, I too was thinking along those lines the first couple of days, especially when my EU bike woldn't even start.
Then I got the chance to test Tad's V2 tweaked map and this definately is the way to go.
It will take some serious getting used to with this SW which I will Get on with when I Get back from a month's vacation in Spain:sneaky:fire

#7,766 ·
I would not call it a train wreck. I rather like it!.....it is way more powerful. Just needs polishing....

#7,773 ·
No you haven't, I just sent it around to a few people to test. I have been too busy getting ready for my PhD defense (two days away now:scared) to put the time in to make all three (maybe four) versions, white the release notes and in general package it up.

In a few weeks I will have time to get it all

#7,776 ·
Quick question. With the new interface it requires you to tap into an existing wire for power, could I just extend that wire back to the negative terminal on the battery?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#7,777 ·
Good question, I think you need to find switched power. Send F-T a message. That work make for a nice install without disturbing any of the wires.

#7,780 ·
Called the guys at Flash Tune. (Awesome customer support by the way!!!)

I asked if instead of tapping into the wire on the harness for power, if I could just extend the wire to the negative terminal on the battery and they said that's fine! They don't recommend it if you are using the quick shifter feature, but that's ok because I am running a Bazzaz quick shifter. I'm stoked as because I really didn't want to tap into the wiring harness because of previous experience with electrical dramas.

I also asked when the EU Immobiliser function would be available and they said they would email me a map. They are working on it and it should be done by today.

#7,778 ·
So you like it? Any hiccups? My QS has been a little flakey from the start. On the track at higher RPMS, it wouldn't shift, mis-shifts, hard shifts, etc. Recently over the last two weeks it has been really bad. First 5-6 shifts, works fine, next 5-6 shifts, won't work at all. I have an e-mail to FT, hopefully they'll respond today or tomorrow with some suggestions. Too bad, that was almost the best mod I did on my bike! They are nice when they work.

"Wow, much cheaper than buying it from flash-tune! NICE!

I used the $25 FT harness to connect my used DynoJet (push) sensor directly to my ECU, shifts like a dream"

#7,779 ·
Once I ditched the crapy dj sensor I had, the system works awesome...:fact. You're issue is probably in the sensor.

#7,781 ·
:cool::thumbup

#7,783 ·
You were the guy on the phones with them, when I called!
Well happy you got your questions answered, I was shocked when they picked up.
sent from my toaster
Yeah I was shocked too! I was expecting to be put on hold for ages costing me a fortune. (Calling overseas from Australia from my mobile phone)
Still weird talking to an American on the phone. Lol

#7,785 ·
If it is a NO simple switch it will work. Heck I have an active Bazzaz sensor set up on my bike and i think it is about the best option out there.

#7,787 ·
Not so simple, and I am really busy untill after Aug 17th...after that maybe I will write a how to...though I kinda like my bike being unique though:sneaky....:lol

#7,788 ·
ps, the F-T harness only works on DJ sensors, you will need to build your own if you want to use the Bazzaz sensor....

#7,789 ·
Anyone want to try a new map I made for 09-11? Seems pretty good to me so far.

Was reading something by Tim Radley about getting rid of twitchy throttle and I think it helps.

What I did is take a map with the same percentage across all 4cyl, and added 15% fuel from 0-5% TPS, then 10% from 0-14% TPS from 6500RPM to redline.

Took tad's YCCT and added the restrictions back from 6500RPM and down. And smoothed out the timing from 6000RPM down to idle.

Here it is.

Attachments

#7,791 ·
The Bazzaz sensor is am active sensor, so you need to power it up with a switched 12 V supply. Then you need to send the signal wire to the ECU. You need the proper connectors and pins. Power it up and plug it into the ECU and it works....sounds easy right....:(...:lol....it took me a month to figure it out...:lol...but now it is awesome:fact

#7,796 ·
Figuring it out and just following directions are two different things...

#7,797 ·
sorry guys new here and want help how to start new tread about reviews of ebay leather suits im about buy from this guy makes custom suits MIZMA leather can some one help me pleasee or get it stared for me and i will post pictures and show details the suit cost is $699 and its valentino rossi 2013 yamaha

#7,799 ·
Interested on the QS options. Anyone running the OS from FT? Any feedback from those who are? So Jaime ~ You are currently running the QS from the link you posted (PCV), correct? So, someone would still have to have the shifter arm (Im probably screwing this up) but anyway, the shifter cut to accept the sensor you mentioned? So, since I already have the FT QS, I should just be able to remove the FT QS sensor, screw this right in, wire it up and still work with the FT software. Would I need that interface?

#7,801 ·
OIC, and thanks for the pictures. Now I see I may have a problem. Since the FT QS came with a shift rod, already cut and threaded, if I was to remove just the QS and slap in the DJ, if it is smaller, not the correct threads, etc, it might not work? I was hoping since I already have the shift rod cut, I could just replace the QS with a DJ.

Also..where are you grounding it? I think I have mine on the fan bracket or something. Where I saw someone else post up. I might try to relocate the ground..maybe that could be casuing issues.

#7,802 ·
Also..where are you grounding it? I think I have mine on the fan bracket or something. Where I saw someone else post up. I might try to relocate the ground..maybe that could be causing issues.
My DynoJet QS sensor came with a long wire and funky plastic plug on the end. The plug just plugged into the harness adapter I got from flash-tune, and it grounds directly to the battery.

-Jamie M.

#7,805 ·
OK, thanks. I'll try to use the pins from 2007/8 loom as it should be the same as in 2009 plug I think.

#7,806 ·
There is a link the FAQ for a place that sells the pins.

Dissertation defense successful, on my end....only corrections and paperwork left here...

#7,809 ·
:fact:lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.