Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#8,081 ·
Does anyone now, how the engine breaking settings are working? (ETV Decel Comp).
100 % should be stock, but which way to reduce the engine breaking? Up or Down?
Have tried to search the internet for some answers, but it's hard to find something useful. Only found something for cars.

Would be perfect, if FT could make a help file, which explained all the settings.

#8,094 ·
I though I had those set to 100 already? I will say that I set them to 130 for B mode for a test....and :scared...you want to talk about scary....It basically held the throttle open if I snapped it closed, and then also sometimes even made the bike accelerate....good thing I only did that to one of the modes....I would be really careful if you increase that number above 100.....and may even recommend keeping it less than or equal to 100....

#8,095 ·
Maby this isnt the right place to post this, but I think this has been discussed by some here,so a quick question gentlemen.:flex:
Im having a hard time to find out of my trubbles with my bike,and im thinking about buying another ECU. I found a cupple on ebay that has a reasonable price on them. If i buy a US spec ECU, can i flash it and use it as a EU spec ECU on my bike, without having to fiddle around with the harness? Guessing the immobilizer option is gone forever then, or how does that work ?
Thanks for any input on this. :crash

#8,096 ·
Pm toysareforboys, he had an image that can rescue an ECU....

#8,097 ·
So i have a question and its been bothering me for a while now. Im planning on sending out my ecu to get flashed off my 10. It seems that most places are out west or down south and im in the northeast. How do the companies that remap deal with the altitude and air quality difference's since they aren't able to set up map in the right climate zone's. I've seen differences in dyno numbers on older bikes when i get them tuned at different tracks that are hundreds of miles apart and ive felt the diffence the right and wrong maps can make in regards to climate.
I have settled on anyone company yet to send it to but im wondering if i should try to stay in my area or if it even matters. Cant the bike make the needed changes to fueling to compensate over the base remap?

#8,099 ·
The bike does a pretty good job for correcting for altitude changes. This was tested with AT to confirm it.

#8,106 ·
Same as before, load the image and flash.

Steve, new that I am settled in here we should see about going for a ride.

#8,113 ·
ejlover - I'm using 4.3.2, it works OK for me and I have 2009 EU r1. 5.1.4 has tweaked A in A, optional A in STD and STD in B, 4.3.2 has only tweaked A in A so you should be fine with it :)

Just flash it, then go to dyno for mapping /disconnect OEM o2 sensor+ remove/block AIS/ and then apply your custom fuel map to TAD's map. I did that few times, then I pulled off the Dynojet PCV+AT I had before and recently installed Bazzaz Z-FI TC + Z-AFM so now have to work on a dyno again and make new fuel map based on all 8 injectors.

#8,118 ·
@ tad - I'm running the 5.1.4 in my 11 with auto tune nd graves low mount and aside from its being a little weak down low the second you hit 6-7k its like a ballistic missile ! ( tweaked a mode)
I'm going to flash the 5.1.4 onto my 12 later on I just installed graves v stacks top and bottom so I gotta see what that's going to bring to the party!
I feel like I could be getting more from my map if I were running a better afr setup i know u suggested 12.7 but is that in every box ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#8,125 ·
When I finally have some time.I will release the next gen in both us and eu trims.

#8,128 ·
Had a 2007 R1 I flashed 3 months ago come in with Code 39 today, injector open circuit, cylinder 1. Bike would run but only on two or three cylinders (sounded exactly like a crossplane! lol).

He had a bazzaz installed, dyno tuned. No quick shift, no AFM/autotune.

Removing the bazzaz and connecting everything back like stock, same problem, code 39, running on 3.

I cleared codes with mode 62 and 63 in diag mode, still no go. I swapped the ECU to a spare I had on hand, boom, bike fired right up and ran beautiful.

I tried flashing the "bad" ecu with the newest flash-tune, stock ECU map, no difference, 91+ map, no difference. Tried old tried and true 1.2.2.2, no diff, 1.5.4.0, no diff :(

Then I figured, what the heck, try the ECU error fix file (for 09+ R1's) that was provided by Mike at Velox Racing. OMG it actually flashed! lol. That's right, 09+ R1 ecu image onto 07 R1 ECU using the old style v1.2 flash cable/hardware and the new v2.x.x.x flash-tune software! lol. The green flash bar got to the end then said "unplug and replug ECU to finish flashing" which I had never seen before, did what it said, just gave an error and quit.

Turned the key on, lots of clicking noises and the fuel pump just kept running, didn't click off after prime, didn't try and start it for fear of damaging the engine.

I then flashed it with the 07 r1 91+ map in the new v2 software, flashed fine. Turned key on, still code 39, tried to start bike, bike didn't start but code 39 went away, no check engine light!!! I checked the flash and forgot to set US harness to "false" (it's a Canadian bike), re-flashed it with the correct setting...

STARTED AND RAN PERFECTLY!!!!

Woot, so ECU fix file works for 07/08 R1 in addition to 09-11 R1 (haven't tried it on 2012+ yet).

-Jamie M.

#8,132 ·
Cylinder 3 is a lil higher than the rest does that matter???

It's higher than 100. I don't know if that means anything.
Each cylinder has very different fueling (1&4 are similar, 2&3 are similar). Open the "stock ECU" map and look at each cylinders fueling, very different.

Values over 100 are fine.

:tocoo: Jamie's methods works great for the 07 08 R1 , my old ECU which had the error 39 works great now :scoots:
NICE!!! I can't freakin believe this works at all, so insane :)

-Jamie M.

#8,141 · (Edited)
Did you have it set to US wiring harness?

#8,143 ·
Thats odd....I have never had that issue....except for when they had a bug in the speedo correction code when that feature first came out...

#8,145 ·
I will fiddle with it Saturday.

#8,146 ·
Chris has been out on a road trip for a week and then this last week doing trackside support for a race team, he should be back in the office this week.

I desperately need to speak with him and get some answers to Daryl and tajdk and ejlovers issues, why he has sent me a new set of cables for the 14B (daryl yours has been dispatched directly) and how to fek get the QS working with the new harness when they share pin 27.

Hopefully we will get some answers tonight.
Hi Mike,

Got back from Spain last night and put the new cable FT sent on the bike......but its still the same! Software says its writing to the ecu, then the clocks cycle but nothing changes...getting bored of trying now....

#8,157 · (Edited)
What's the number on the top of the code 54 ecu, and the colour of the sticker? A picture might be good.

I have a fix file, never tried it on code 54, works for code 39 and code 40 though :)

EDIT: For Code 54 trying flashing the ECU with the NON EU flash, just the regular 91+ map, and set US harness to FALSE. Should work then. If this is the case, the EU with immobilizer enabled flash will probably only work on your original/OEM ECU.

-Jamie M.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.