Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#9,626 ·
Read the FAQ. You have a 3/4 system.

#9,631 ·
Please read the FAQ.

Also, you do NOT need to post a visitor message, send me a PM and then post here. Two of which waste my time, and you will only get the response here. Please post your questions here.

What year make model bike do you have? Have you read the FAQ yet?

#9,632 ·
After a short period of wintertime here in Europe it looks like it's almost summer last weekend. I just 'tuned in' here after a couple of months.

I'm gonna try your maps out today TAD, thank you very much for all the time in development, after reading the latest postings in this thread for an hour.

- 5.3.15 is newer than 5.3.7?
- Is 5.3.15 with the idle saving from FT 1.2.2?

#9,633 ·
Yes 5.3.15 is newer. No it does not have the idle work around, as I have not been able to test it yet because of the crummy weather here...

#9,635 ·
That is basically the same as 93AKI.....that is 98-99RON

#9,636 ·
Quickshifter rpm value not sticking

Hi

After a lot of reding here i have now secured myself a ft set.
Reason being i use the 09 R1 on track and experience the neutral trottle to be a bit difficoult to handle, and the quickshifter will be welcomed:)

I have a problem not discussed here as i can see.

I use the latest software: 2.0.1.2 downloaded from ft site.
Newest Interface, all Connected With qs and flashing Works fine:)

But, when i open Tad`s file, i se no value in the qs/rpm setting.
I try to edit it, the New value is put in, and i then save the file.

As i reopen the file it still say no value in the rpm Box?

I tried to flash it, and clearly the qs did not cut as it should, i have not edited any thing else yet, it was just to test the qs itselfe.

Now, i got a file from Mike in England and just today loaded it without opening the qs settings before flashing.After the flash it is clearly working, which is great but after all i need to be able to adjust these settings and also adjust other settings/save then flash.

Can this be a bug in my software Version?

It looks like when i open the qs controle Box in ft sofware it blank out the values in rpm and thereby dont work when flashed?

Other than this i must say it all work as intended, and exept some minor info gliches in the Box and a bit hassle pinning back the ecu plug i am a happy camper:)

Excuse my English, and if any input on this is aweileble it will be much apriciated.

Regards

#9,638 ·
Hi

After a lot of reding here i have now secured myself a ft set.
Reason being i use the 09 R1 on track and experience the neutral trottle to be a bit difficoult to handle, and the quickshifter will be welcomed:)

I have a problem not discussed here as i can see.

I use the latest software: 2.0.1.2 downloaded from ft site.
Newest Interface, all Connected With qs and flashing Works fine:)

But, when i open Tad`s file, i se no value in the qs/rpm setting.
I try to edit it, the New value is put in, and i then save the file.

As i reopen the file it still say no value in the rpm Box?

I tried to flash it, and clearly the qs did not cut as it should, i have not edited any thing else yet, it was just to test the qs itselfe.

Now, i got a file from Mike in England and just today loaded it without opening the qs settings before flashing.After the flash it is clearly working, which is great but after all i need to be able to adjust these settings and also adjust other settings/save then flash.

Can this be a bug in my software Version?

It looks like when i open the qs controle Box in ft sofware it blank out the values in rpm and thereby dont work when flashed?

Other than this i must say it all work as intended, and exept some minor info gliches in the Box and a bit hassle pinning back the ecu plug i am a happy camper:)

Excuse my English, and if any input on this is aweileble it will be much apriciated.

Regards
I would say, that you either got a messed up copy of the F-T software or the image.

As you can see here in these snapshots, both the US and EU versions of the image both have working QS settings...

Howdy folks, I`m out of winter hibernation and it`s damn nice to be back on two wheels again:hammer:

The last thing I did before winterizing the bike was to flash the 5.3.15 but as luck would have it, I never got to test it!

If I remember right, there was some discussion on the feature "Disable INJ decel cut"
Can someone do a quick rundown on this feature for me and what setting people have chosen to go with:fact
Set it to true. Makes for a way smother throttle.:fact

#9,637 ·
Howdy folks, I`m out of winter hibernation and it`s damn nice to be back on two wheels again:hammer:

The last thing I did before winterizing the bike was to flash the 5.3.15 but as luck would have it, I never got to test it!

If I remember right, there was some discussion on the feature "Disable INJ decel cut"
Can someone do a quick rundown on this feature for me and what setting people have chosen to go with:fact

#9,639 ·
Qs rpm value problem

Hi and ty for response

The image im using is your latest eu 2009 r1 file.
Got it from this thread, all the other values are fine when opening.

In your image it says 2012 eu r1 file, i havent tryed that one, just the 2009 eu one, dont know why it OpenS without value in it the rpm box and Not able to set it and save, all the other values is ok, its just the rpm.

I can edit it fine, but not able to save, every time i open that file it is set to no value in the rpm box.
Maybe i can set it and flash while it is open, or just load your file and flash without opening anything if the value is 2k rpm as standard in the file?

I will try to flash it without opening any tables again to se if it includes the rpm settings this time.

Bdw i have downloaded the image 3 times, and renamed it also.

If it dont work i will dl the software again and try that, i will post here after test tomorrow.

Regards

#9,640 ·
Ok, I will download the one I posted, and check it...

#9,641 ·
I literally just downloaded the image I posted, opened and navigated to the QS settings...

So it is likely an issue with your F-T install. Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

#9,643 · (Edited)
Here is a screen when i open the qs settings first time.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=592842&stc=1&d=1395041297

I had to rename the file, as it was dl as an attachment.php from the link.
Just changed name to xxx.ftm and loaded in to ft software.

Uppdate:
I have now uninstalled ft software With Windows uninstaller and done the install procedure again.
Same scenario, value of Your map comes up just like in the above link the first time i open it, no value in that rpm checkbox.

As i said earlyer i have now flashed it without opening anything and the qs Works, but i have no Clue what the value is.
Even though i edit it, it allways opens With no value so i dont know if it is saved or not.

Regards

Attachments

#9,644 ·
I noticed that you have renamed the file. Can you show me what the file looks like if you just download my file and don't do anything to it at all. Just download open and click on the QS settings.

#9,645 ·
I had to rename the file, as it was dl as an attachment.php from the link.
Just changed name to xxx.ftm and loaded in to ft software.

Uppdate:
I have now uninstalled ft software With Windows uninstaller and done the install procedure again.
Same scenario, value of Your map comes up just like in the above link the first time i open it, no value in that rpm checkbox.

As i said earlyer i have now flashed it without opening anything and the qs Works, but i have no Clue what the value is.
Even though i edit it, it allways opens With no value so i dont know if it is saved or not.

Regards

#9,647 ·
The value is set to 2000 RPM in my image so that it is basically always active.

I agree with Jamie, it should download as exactly the file name as I posted it.

#9,649 ·
I don't have anything like that setup so if you wanted to post it feel free.

#9,651 ·
it may be some Security setting, all the links come up as "attacment.php"
Works fine when i rename it after download.

Remember all tho i have to rename, all other settings looks good, only thing is that i cant really save changes to that perticular Field.

Here i added when i open Stock eu09 map, same thing.

Attachments

#9,652 ·
I am reasonably confident that that file is corrupt in some way...How are you saving the file? PM your email, and I will send you a copy...

#9,653 · (Edited)
So, I tired to open and save all four files with the idle work around. I was able to do three of the four. For some reason, the 1.2.2.0 software does not like the 09-11EUR1 image...So I was unable to do that file...

Anyway, if I could have some folks try these images, and let me know what the idle does. If there is any stalling after throttle blips, and where it idles. It should idle somewhere around 1300-1400RPM. There is also no cold warm up fast idle, so when it is cold it might idle around 1100RPM...But it is the only thing that I have found that solves the stall after blip and two step start bug.

I am sorry that the EU image doesn't open in the old software :dunno why... You can allays use the US base image, until F-T decides to fix the bug...

The 09-11 US image should work fine, as I am using this image in mine. The 12+US image also seemed to open and save fine, so I think it is also fine.

These are all the same as the 5.3.15 image, just with different idle logic...I went for a spin the other day with no stumbles (using the OEM O2 sensor, and believe me I tried to make it stumble anywhere between 4 and 8k), or any idle hang issues. It felt nice and strong...and smooth.:fact

Attachments

#9,654 ·
super helpful TAD to the rescue

#9,655 ·
silly question and im assuming it may have already been addressed.. can i use the ft software on my imac ?

#9,657 ·
It is windows only, so if you have a duel boot mac or are running a virtual machine, yes, otherwise no....

#9,656 ·
Well this idle issue has been bugging me for a while, and this is the best solution I can come up with...until either they fix the code, or give me access to the code so I can fix it...and that won't happen....:lol..so we are stuck waiting for F-T to fix it....

#9,658 ·
yeah im running a partition on the mac, i guess ill just use my pc , i was just curious, thanks for the answer

#9,659 ·
anyone with a ft to do a 12, and likes beer :sneaky

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.