Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#10,071 ·
I run a full akra+autotune with tads map and it runs great! lots of power! the one thing I do notice is abit of surging in second gear when cruising in between 5-6 k, not sure what causes it, I actually haven't gone into my autotune lately to accept the trims yet, ridden plenty though, I did accept the trims once after about 5 rides and it didn't run as smooth so I cleared them again and made some adjustment to my AFR in the lower rpm and throttle position, had it at 13.6 then changed it to 13.4, everywhere else is 13.2, been on about 8 rides since change and feels great but still haven't accepted trims, is it possible to just not accept the trims and just keep riding? Or do you have to accept it eventually?

#10,073 ·
Depends on if you have PCV or Bazzaz. If Boost sends me a trim file, I can make a version for that....

#10,075 ·
I can open anything

#10,076 ·
I used 3.5.15 with full Akra evo2 and it worked fine so no worries.

#10,078 ·
:thumbup.....I know I keep saying it, but....I cant wait till I can find time to put the wide band O2 into my bike....:(.....I have been SOOOOO busy....and will now be moving again in July....on top of the track days I have scheduled....3 in June and 5 in July....:jump:scrared::jump....Going to get REALLY busy......Hopefully I can get it tossed in before some of those days, so I can get some great tuning data for the next version...

#10,081 ·
Take a look at thisafr logs from my bike ... with stock fueling and you whill understand why its surging ....

cyl 1 first photo ... then second ... then tird this one has soked me ....

next its to log cyl 4 ... when i have time .......

after twiking just 2 cyl bike its whellie in second gear at woot ... verry super scarry :sneaky and this its in standard mode ...:fact A mode its nothing you have eperienced ever ... !!!....:lhumper: Yamaha has hiden so much power in the fuel map ... unbelivible ....

after i finish twiking the map to 13.2 all 4 cylinders i whill releaseit

Attachments

#10,082 ·
He started with the OEM fuel map....not one for a 3/4 or full system....

#10,083 ·
Not sure what your point is there with the two.....They are not the same....you have selected the absolute difference rather than % change.....%change is proportional to something like 0.01 AFR....So what you are looking at is apples and oranges, never mind the fact that the bazzaz plot is afr rather than % fuel trim...

Questions:
1) What ignition map are you using?
2) Do you have in injector decell cut disabled? If you haven't, that would explain the lean condition at closed throttle.
3) If you want to send me the Bazzaz file I can load them into the image you are using, so that you can zero the Bazzaz and then start over....and see if it will make only small changes...

#10,084 ·
1) Ignition map its from derestricted map from TAFB
2) I do have Disable INJ decel cut set to TRUE as you can see in the picture ...
3) Help its always welcome i can send you anything you whant ... the map ... bazzaz afr only photos ... its not posible to save the log ... and fuel trim i dont know if its relevant ... i dont know how bazzaz its calculating fuel trims as i change the wideband in each cylinder .... bazzaz unit dont know theats in one of the cylinders it thinks its in the y-pipe ...
I never tried to add fuel based on bazzaz trim ... i just do my calculation make changes in the map then go for a test of 50-60km of madness then check if its good .... Its pain in the ass to do this .... verry dangerous to go so manny times thru all the RPM on the street .... It could be nice to go only 1-2 times per cylinder .... but its not theat easy ... the re its no program to conect BAzzaz afr or trims to flash tune ... only by hand .... or if there its a matematical formula to calculate fuel based on afr ...

Tad if you know a easier way whill be great ... if no i doit the hard way .... :boobies

Attachments

#10,093 · (Edited)
Update :)

I have finished fuel map for cylinder 3

Take a look at first photo to see how it was and second photo how far i manage to fine tune .... happy :bow

Bike its super smooth and a lot more powerfull ... sounds like a MotoGP M1 right now .... its impresive .... ... I love :fork

From my tests i seen theat 1 (one point ) in flash tune software equals 0.3 AFR ...

+3 points in flastune means 0.9-1 AFR ....
The diference in cells around must be smooth trasition not to big diference betwin cells .... for example : 20¦22¦26¦28 ..... not 20¦28¦32¦28 .... as the afr whill vary a lot ... and the tests are not acurate ....

great progress so far ....

Attachments

#10,098 · (Edited)
Update :)

I have finished fuel map for cylinder 3

Take a look at first photo to see how it was and second photo how far i manage to fine tune .... happy :bow

Bike its super smooth and a lot more powerfull ... sounds like a MotoGP M1 right now .... its impresive .... ... I love :fork

From my tests i seen theat 1 (one point ) in flash tune software equals 0.3 AFR ...

+3 points in flastune means 0.9-1 AFR ....
The diference in cells around must be smooth trasition not to big diference betwin cells .... for example : 20¦22¦26¦28 ..... not 20¦28¦32¦28 .... as the afr whill vary a lot ... and the tests are not acurate ....

So this depends on what the fuel value is.

Also, I think we could get more consistency out of the AFR.... Set the target AFR on the Bazzaz software to 13.1, hit the suggest fuel trims button, and send me the fuel trim file it creates and the ECU image you are using, and I can put the trims into the image for cylinder #3 and we will see how close it can come out. You still have lots of 12's and stuff in that screen shot.

#10,096 ·
Is the "decel cut" set to true by default in the US 09-11 R1 map? I just flashed my bike with 5.3.15 last night, zero'd out my PCV and rode the bike a little bit today. It is WAAAAAY smoother than the last time I flashed it (probably a year ago, oops), and the bike feels a LOT faster too. Big thanks to you smart people who have made all of this possible.

#10,107 ·
I flashed my 07 R1 last night (with the license errors) and the first time I quick shifted from 1st to 2nd the bike turned right off. I was able to repeat the problem over and over. I've got no dash so I can't tell what it was telling me. I re-flashed it, then my bike wouldn't start!!! Triple checked the US harness config, tried it both ways, flashed it 10 times, wouldn't start. I flashed it with the ancient 1.2.2.0 and it fired right up, quickshifter works fine too.

Not sure WTF is going on. Luckily my main laptop I flash customers with hasn't been on the internet in weeks so it should be unaffected if this is a "server problem".

-Jamie M.

Damn

Jamie let me know when you get it working again.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#10,108 ·
So I just opened the software, and it updated....and now I can't seem to open the software, and an error message was provided to me. I can't even open the software now...:(....I submitted a ticket....We will see.....5pm PDT....8pm EDT.....So either that was the update and it is broken, or there will be another update....

#10,109 ·
OK so....I had an old version of the setup.exe for F-T and was able to reinstall that and it worked. I tired to download the newest version of the setup, and it said that it could not be run on my machine. I have a ticket in, and have already exchanged a few emails with Chris at F-T, and I am sure he is working on it. I am using up-to-date Win8.1. Anyone else with this issue?

Now that this crisis has been adverted, I am going to put my fat butt on a bicycle....:lol:crash...

#10,111 ·
Jamie, Have you submitted a ticket or called them? I bet there is something wrong with the definition file. Also, what do you have the rev limiter set to? Have you tried to set it to like 10k and see if it dies just on a rev in N. Or does it have to be in gear running?

#10,113 ·
I think they have my number and e-mail address blocked. Didn't submit a ticket.

I usually run my limiter at 14,250 (+500) but I think I left it stock when I flashed it when I started having the cutting out problem.

Because I had so many problems getting my bike to start after I reflashed it I don't think I'm going to mess with it much more. It makes so much power and runs so good with my map on 1.2.2.0 I think I'll leave it be, so I won't get a chance to test a lowered rev limiter for a bit. I'm getting a spare 07 R1 ecu in the mail in a few days, so once I have that I'll have more courage to experiment.

-Jamie M.

#10,112 ·
Whoever was trying to send me a PM....I cleared out some room...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.