Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#10,115 · (Edited)
Hey Boss yah i tried that and i still get the error message with a whole bunch of other ones once i click ok, just more error messages keep coming up, what i did notice is that if i open the FT software by clicking an image first rather then clicking the FT software i dont get the error message, its only when close the image on the left and the "file manager" window pops up is when i get that error message

Actually thats not true the error message doesnt pop up only when i open the software and there is an image open already in the software, if i close that image and the file manager pops up is when the error message comes back

#10,117 ·
It looks like that FT have introduced a DateTime bug in their latest release.

If you have trouble with the software then set your "Region settings" to USA and it should works.

We are in 2014 and still we are getting bugs with Date and Time formats in a global world :(

#10,118 ·
Please submit a ticket on their web page.

Jamie, Please submit one as well. They prefer to answer support/bug issues with the ticket system. They have been really responsive when I use that.

#10,119 ·
Fuel trimming guys:
Remember timing plays a huge role when you advance it or retard it.
So if you say are at a good AFR, then think you need more lead, you will lean it more.
Tad
That equation is what I have used in the past on cars. It works but remember at part throttle when the O2 in working that equation is out the window.

#10,120 ·
Are you referring to the equation I posted? In a theoretical sense that equation is always spot on, regardless of the throttle position. Now in application of course the results are less than perfect and are driven by the ability to log accurate data and on the precision of the efi system...that's where the use of statistics principles comes into play.

Also, regarding the O2 "working". Are you referring to the efi system running closed loop with the narrow band sensor? Obviously then the ecu will attempt to keep a certain afr regardless of the map you make for this area, though I'm sure there are limits in the ecu software to the amount of deviation it can command from the base map.

For what it's worth, I am using that equation to generate fuel maps from 14% tps to 100%. Oddly, the part throttle afr readings I am seeing are the most consistent. With up to 50,000 samples contributing to one cell of data I get a standard deviation of less than 0.1 afr. Admittedly, that's only after removing obvious outliers, but that's part of sifting out good data.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#10,126 ·
SySt, I can make him a spreadsheet that will work....Saturday night maybe....

#10,129 ·
Follow the numbers....

#10,131 · (Edited)
I have stared to don't understand anything anymore .....

I did afr loging on cylinder 3 and the temerature outside was about 35' celsius
the screenshot of the afr its the first one ...

After theat i took of somme fuel where there was samme 12' and things flashed the bike with the map and today did another test and the afr was super mesed up ....
Today temperature outside its 17' celsius ....

I dont understand why the map its soo lean right now as i didn't take mach fuel off from the last run .... Its the ouside temperature (wether ) influencing the afr theat much ..... ?

I have atached my fuel map and today fuel recomandation for cyl 3 based on the second photo ...

Whaithing for a good explanation as things doesn't look good ...

If someone can build a map based on the afr log with target 13.1 ... i have time to testit today as the wether whill be around 17' celsius and after theat to make another afr log in a warmer day to see if the temperature its messing with the afr ....

Attachments

#10,132 · (Edited)
Here's what i found :

this morning i did a test on cyl 3

the stock O2 sensor was and shill its deactivated in the software when i flashed the bike ... but when i did the previous test (resoults posted in previous post) i got the afr 14+ all over the place the stock O2 sensor was on the bike but disconected from the harness ....(see first photo)

after seeing the log got socked and whent back for another test and the only thing i did was conecting the stock O2 sensor back in to his harness the fuel map was samme (didn't flash the bike )and the resoult its in the second photo

I dont know what to belive ... or how to explain this why there its soo big variation in afr when disconecting stock O2 sensor ... ?
There its a bug in flash tune software from the tests its resoulting theat the ECU its shill using O2 sensor if leaved conected no matter if its deactivated in the software ...

The problem its why its altering all the fuel map not only unthill 5% throttle ...?

What did i do wrong ...?
Temprature outside was samme as in the morning test 17' celsius ..
First I tooth its the temperature influencing the afr like theat but after second test its looks like O2 sensor disconecting or leaved conected its messing up everything ....
I think theat the ECU its using a combination betwin TPS vs RPM map with MAP vs RPM when reciving data from stock O2 sensor even when deactivated and left conected .... who know what percentage or based on what rules ... ? I toot theat its using o2 sensor only unthill 5% tps but from the log resoults theat its used unthill red line .....

I have atached bazzaz sugestions for second test ...
Fuel map its samme as posted in previous post ...

Attachments

#10,133 ·
Looks like you took too much fuel out....I will take a look at what you posted later tonight...

#10,135 ·
This depends ....

1) If O2 sensor its disconected from its harness bike whill use only TPS vs RPM fuel map and whill be too lean ....

2) If O2 sensor its left conected to its harness bike whill run to rich because its using both fuel maps TPS vs RPM + MAP vs RPM ....

Disabling stock O2 sensor in flash tune whill only deactivate the error code theat whill show up on the dashboard when disconecting' it from his harness....

There its two ways to tune this bike :

1) TPS vs RPM fuel maps only wich require removing stock O2 sensor complitly from the bike ...

2) TPS vs RPM + MAP vs RPM and leave the stock O2 sensor activated and conected to its harness ....
fine tunning 2 fuel maps for each cylinder require a lot of work but good things don't comme easy ... :)

#10,139 ·
Sorry only...I had a hellish weekend. And it looks like it will continue. In the next few days to a week I will have a solution for you.

#10,140 ·
Looks like they just pushed out an update.

6/16/14 (2.0.1.4)
- Updated datetime formats for international users
- Updated mapview for resizable columns
Only, I have made progress on your request. I might have it done tonight.

#10,141 ·
Only, you have a PM....

#10,143 ·
Dah your sn is spelled differently than I thought it was

#10,145 ·
Because I haven't sent it yet. No forum access at work. I will send it in a little bit.

#10,146 ·
General question

Tad hope you can help. Am currently running 09 eur Ypipe map supplied by flashtune. Got flat spot at around 7k > half throttle.
Looks like current map has same afr for all cylinders. Your latest map is different for each. How did you tune each cylinder? Also what do the values represent, injector % open??
Am running 2010 r1, eur model. In the uk fuel is 95 octane. Not sure if that's relevant.
Have a dyno run booked for Saturday so hoping to run your map by then. Thanks for all your dedication to this thread.

#10,147 ·
Let us know what you find. As for the fuel.. I don't know why F-T would use the same fuel map for each cylinder as stock does not use the same fuel maps...

#10,149 ·
Hi guys , I would like to have some information , I currently have graves full exhaust , k&n air filter and driven block off plates (canadian bike) . I flashed my ECU and im getting fluctuating rpm around 3500-4500rpm , it fell like the bike is missing gas . What could cause this ?

If one of you guys is willing to let me use your map with the same setup as me let me know . Thank Carl

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#10,151 ·
Doubtful

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.