FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface - Page 231 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

 2Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #4601 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 09:43 AM
I eat my R1
 
n4speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Portugal
Posts: 364
Hi..

This is the last dyno result on the last saturday.. big improvement from my previous map.

This is the result of my and R1Evolution work. I have tested for about 500km, and i have no problem with it.. i made some changes but i dident have the time to test it to restore a little more power on the top end..



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

so.. here it it..

09 Yamaha R1
Flash Tune ECU
DanMoto Cans and Y Pipe
Stomp Grip Pads
Integrated tail ligth
Double Bubble Screen
GoodRidge Brake Lines
Addon Radiator
HM QuickShifter
n4speed is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4602 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 09:46 AM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4speed View Post
Hi..

This is the last dyno result on the last saturday.. big improvement from my previous map.

This is the result of my and R1Evolution work. I have tested for about 500km, and i have no problem with it.. i made some changes but i dident have the time to test it to restore a little more power on the top end..



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

so.. here it it..

looks good. wish i had a 9-11 to load it into to try it lol.

Two Bro's Slip on with y pipe. Flash tune on 91 crap gas. smoke screen, cant wait to do more
R1evolution is offline  
post #4603 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 09:48 AM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: WNC
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1evolution View Post
Well you tend to have a very negative response to things most of the time and that might be the reason now one wants to share info.
So for being a secret you and i talked on the phone about this. I dont want a bunch or people testing maps it make for a bad idea in my opinion. there are alot of people that cant handle these bikes in stock for let alone unlocked.

so if you dont want to run the map i did or even test them thats fine,but dont sit back and say its a secret when you know why i do it this way.

You being upset about my posting my opinion publicly is what I was referencing in the "secret" thing. I'm not negative, you just perceive things that way because I criticized your map. I've tested several other maps, such as N4's and Peen's and had great success and posted this for all to read. I don't sugar coat things, I think that's a waste of time. I'd rather offer accurate feedback and get results. You've been at odds with me in this sense because since day 1, I've asked you where you're getting your data for timing changes, along with many other changes. You never once answered this. You simply said you weren't going to publicly talk about glitches or map changes from now on. Does that sound like something a knowledgeable tuner would do? I'm not the only person who's asked you things. You yourself said you've got a bad reputation in the Evo boards because someone misused some tuning guidelines you set out and blew up their car. Sorry, I don't want my bike to suffer the same fate, so I ask questions. Questions don't imply that I think you don't know what you're talking about. They're basically just reassurance that you do. You can't even personally test 2009-2011 maps, so my reluctance and inquisitiveness is warranted in my opinion. I had a bad experience with your map, that's just one piece of data to compare to many. Do what you gotta do with it.

Also - You alleging that you intentionally left power untapped because you don't want to make the bikes "too fast", etc etc, sorry, that just doesn't ring true.

Last edited by AKDMA; 11-16-2012 at 09:53 AM.
AKDMA is offline  
post #4604 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 09:59 AM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDMA View Post
You being upset about my posting my opinion publicly is what I was referencing in the "secret" thing. I'm not negative, you just perceive things that way because I criticized your map. I've tested several other maps, such as N4's and Peen's and had great success and posted this for all to read. I don't sugar coat things, I think that's a waste of time. I'd rather offer accurate feedback and get results. You've been at odds with me in this sense because since day 1, I've asked you where you're getting your data for timing changes, along with many other changes. You never once answered this. You simply said you weren't going to publicly talk about glitches or map changes from now on. Does that sound like something a knowledgeable tuner would do? I'm not the only person who's asked you things. You yourself said you've got a bad reputation in the Evo boards because someone misused some tuning guidelines you set out and blew up their car. Sorry, I don't want my bike to suffer the same fate, so I ask questions. Questions don't imply that I think you don't know what you're talking about. They're basically just reassurance that you do. You can't even personally test 2009-2011 maps, so my reluctance and inquisitiveness is warranted in my opinion. I had a bad experience with your map, that's just one piece of data to compare to many. Do what you gotta do with it.

Also - You alleging that you intentionally left power untapped because you don't want to make the bikes "too fast", etc etc, sorry, that just doesn't ring true.
i didnt leave power out. i didnt want to make a quick turn race throttle.

and as far as the engine that blew up thats because when you put a bigger turbo on a car and dont retune it and up the boost that happens.

but that being said. its all good. Wish you the best.

Two Bro's Slip on with y pipe. Flash tune on 91 crap gas. smoke screen, cant wait to do more

Last edited by R1evolution; 11-16-2012 at 10:06 AM.
R1evolution is offline  
post #4605 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 10:06 AM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Monroe, Louisiana
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDMA View Post
You have a 2012. It's an entirely different map, per R1evo. It's not the QS sensor, I thought that might be a chance as well, but I've been running the other maps no problem. Also, it was an actual surge, not a 50ms cut in ignition/fuel.
I had the exact same map but it was for a '12 and like everyone else I NEVER experienced a glitch, surge, twitch etc. I agree with R1evo about the negative feedback being posted up because some people in here will read it and believe it when these maps are still in testing phase. R1evo has been working his ass off on these maps for us and isnt asking for anything in return($) except truthful feedback to improve on what he has already built. I test his stuff every chance I can and I give feedback over the phone instead of on here so someone doest misinterpret it and advise others to stay away from his work. And like he said, some people couldnt handle this bike totally uncorked. His latest maps have led to the demise of my rear tire is about the only thing I could ever say about his work that could even remotely be negative but that only means its time to upgrade LOL. Keep up the good work, hand!


Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

R1-015 "Ghostrider" Squadron #145
Oilfieldtrash21 is offline  
post #4606 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 10:08 AM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: WNC
Posts: 1,712
Actually, you said you DID leave power out. This was after you suggested you would really "amp up" the next map so it would beat an RSV4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1evolution View Post
to clairfy.. amp up it was just meant as metaphor. The reason i didnt try for max power was i wanted to make different stages of power. I dont know how half of the people on here ride. and even with a disclaimer i didnt want something to happen to someone for making the bike to powerful.
Sorry if my skepticism offended you, no hard feelings on my end, never have been.
AKDMA is offline  
post #4607 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Astronomer not Astrologer
 
Tad158's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 8,113
I have heard of the springs failing in them and vibrations causing activations. I cannot replicate the problem on a test stand in the garage I can only do it while riding...

Venom Squadron
#158
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Res. Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS F/R Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance&Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Galespeed VRC MC, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Tad158 is online now  
post #4608 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 10:11 AM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: WNC
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilfieldtrash21 View Post
Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App
R1Evo specifically told me over the phone that the 09 map was completely different than the 12 map. This is the guy who made it, so I'm assuming he's correct. I'm glad no one else has had an issue. I had one and would hate to hear about someone high siding their bike to oblivion because it surged mid corner. I don't commute or ride on the highway. A surge like that at the wrong time is going to cost me my bike and possibly a lot more, so forgive me for trying to warn others of this potentially serious issue.

And again, enough with the "some people can't handle full power" stuff. Who are these people and why are they in here flashing their bikes? Akrapovic doesn't care. Your engine builder doesn't care. We're all adults here, proceed at your own risk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
I have heard of the springs failing in them and vibrations causing activations. I cannot replicate the problem on a test stand in the garage I can only do it while riding...

That sucks man. When you're bored, just triple check your connections and hope it's that simple. Be a lot cheaper!

Last edited by AKDMA; 11-16-2012 at 10:14 AM.
AKDMA is offline  
post #4609 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Astronomer not Astrologer
 
Tad158's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 8,113
Done that for the fourth time already. Sadly ask that I have left to do is disable it and see what happens. Then try a diffrent sensor.

Venom Squadron
#158
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Res. Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS F/R Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance&Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Galespeed VRC MC, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Tad158 is online now  
post #4610 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 10:17 AM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDMA View Post
Actually, you said you DID leave power out. This was after you suggested you would really "amp up" the next map so it would beat an RSV4.


Sorry if my skepticism offended you, no hard feelings on my end, never have been.

its not offending me, but the claims have no data behind them like i said. I cant make things any better with out facts. Oilfield and i talk all the time on the phone. it helps to hear what someones experience is. i talk on the phone to N4speed also. The map that made the dyno graph was one of the last ones we worked on. Its hard to work with this software with out and manual or anything to go by the rate he makes these changes and the maps do strange things after. i dont know anymore.

Two Bro's Slip on with y pipe. Flash tune on 91 crap gas. smoke screen, cant wait to do more
R1evolution is offline  
post #4611 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 10:22 AM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: WNC
Posts: 1,712
Fair enough. As always, I'm genuinely happy to help in any way that I can. I would never say something inaccurate or do something malicious on these boards, I like this place and want people to know my words can be counted on as accurate. There are a lot of good minds working as a unit on this and I have no doubt we'll be lightyears ahead by next season. Thanks to everyone involved in development.
AKDMA is offline  
post #4612 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 10:34 AM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Monroe, Louisiana
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDMA View Post
R1Evo specifically told me over the phone that the 09 map was completely different than the 12 map. This is the guy who made it, so I'm assuming he's correct. I'm glad no one else has had an issue. I had one and would hate to hear about someone high siding their bike to oblivion because it surged mid corner. I don't commute or ride on the highway. A surge like that at the wrong time is going to cost me my bike and possibly a lot more, so forgive me for trying to warn others of this potentially serious issue.

And again, enough with the "some people can't handle full power" stuff. Who are these people and why are they in here flashing their bikes? Akrapovic doesn't care. Your engine builder doesn't care. We're all adults here, proceed at your own risk.
And that is the exact reason he doesnt want a bunch of people having maps that are in the testing phase. I wouldnt want that liability on my shoulders either. Thats why when something negative gets posted up or a testing map gets "leaked" out and some jackass shitcans there engine because they dont know any better (and i can point out a few of these ppl on this forum, no offense anyone) and then comes back with some kind of legal action, voilence, harassment or any other kind of childish bullshit. You are correct we are all adults here, and the people that i speak of that cant handle this bike are called POSERS. They are the ones that are like "look at me, I have an R1 so i'm a super cool billy badass", right up until they faceplant an oak tree. Look it up, because it happens and I'm sure you know some of these I speak of. The FT software goes far beyond anything akra could ever do to a road going bike that could have the effects a map error could have, hence the small "trusted" group that he chose to work with. No offense to you or your riding skills or anyone elses for that matter. And like you said, I tend to not sugar coat or church things up, Im gonna tell you like it is.


Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

R1-015 "Ghostrider" Squadron #145
Oilfieldtrash21 is offline  
post #4613 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 11:49 AM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 258
Dear we have first part of our fuel trims from AT for the Marider/Lax FT map. Is somebody interesting to put it into the R1evo FT map (fuel is base on Marider/Lax map) ? At this moment it is optimized only from/to 1-45% of throttle (AFR 13.2). It is not possible to run the bike in current weather conditions and more like 50% of the (physical throttle opening).

Marider is going tomorrow on our dyno to produces rest of the fuel map with AT.

Last edited by laxwendrof; 11-16-2012 at 02:42 PM.
laxwendrof is offline  
post #4614 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 12:40 PM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by laxwendrof View Post
Dear we have first part of our fuel trims from AT for the Marider/Lax FT map. Is somebody interesting to put it into R1evo FT map (it is base on Marider/Lax map) ? At this moment it is only optimized from/to 1-45% of throttle (AFR 13.2). It is not possible to run this bike in this weather conditions more like 50% of the (physical throttle).

Marider is going tomorrow on our dyno to produces rest of the fuel map with AT.
im always up for more information. if you want to share it thats fine LAX.

in the end we all want the same thing a good reliable road going bike.

OH and power doesn't hurt also

Two Bro's Slip on with y pipe. Flash tune on 91 crap gas. smoke screen, cant wait to do more
R1evolution is offline  
post #4615 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 12:41 PM
I eat my R1
 
n4speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Portugal
Posts: 364
power power power... give me power... me like !!!!

09 Yamaha R1
Flash Tune ECU
DanMoto Cans and Y Pipe
Stomp Grip Pads
Integrated tail ligth
Double Bubble Screen
GoodRidge Brake Lines
Addon Radiator
HM QuickShifter
n4speed is offline  
post #4616 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Feel the speed attack!
 
marider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: IL, QC, PL
Posts: 648
Send a message via Skype™ to marider
OK guys, tomorrow I have set the dyno for a whole day for myself only and got almost brand new tire (Pilot Pure 2ct) at the rear wheel so stay tuned..

marider
Longest distance between two curves... straight line

EU 09 R1:
full Akrapovic Evo2,F-T'd ECU,Bazzaz ZFi-TC+Z-AFM,Marchesinis,Ohlins damper+FPK108+.95 springs,q'Ohlins r.shock,
Brembo RCS/w Hel&Braking SK rotors,Graves block offs,Clutch Kit,Fabbri screen,GYTR:sliders,clutch sliders,gel seat+cowl,Gilles VCR+Variobar,Gregg's Flushmount,-1/+1 sprockets,CustomLED mod. 3/4Dyno:170.1 RWHP,77 Tq.
marider is offline  
post #4617 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 02:33 PM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by marider View Post
OK guys, tomorrow I have set the dyno for a whole day for myself only and got almost brand new tire (Pilot Pure 2ct) at the rear wheel so stay tuned..
good luck at the dyno

Two Bro's Slip on with y pipe. Flash tune on 91 crap gas. smoke screen, cant wait to do more
R1evolution is offline  
post #4618 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 157
Finally I was waiting for soooo loooooong for this.
Ignition, ignition, ignition! please


Quote:
Originally Posted by marider View Post
OK guys, tomorrow I have set the dyno for a whole day for myself only and got almost brand new tire (Pilot Pure 2ct) at the rear wheel so stay tuned..
Elwin is offline  
post #4619 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 02:55 PM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: WNC
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by marider View Post
OK guys, tomorrow I have set the dyno for a whole day for myself only and got almost brand new tire (Pilot Pure 2ct) at the rear wheel so stay tuned..
Awesome, I'll be anticipating your results!
AKDMA is offline  
post #4620 of 11893 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Trackday junkie!
 
Powerflux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by marider View Post
OK guys, tomorrow I have set the dyno for a whole day for myself only and got almost brand new tire (Pilot Pure 2ct) at the rear wheel so stay tuned..
Excelent man, can`t wait to see the numbers

Ignorance is curable, stupidity is for life!


Flash-Tune, Tad V2-5.3.0EU, 95RON
Acrapovic Evo carbon Slip-on`s
M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
Ohlins front springs, Spring Rate: 1.0 N/mm
Goodridge SS front brakelines
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
GYTR No-Cut Upper Framesliders
R&G Airfoil Lower Framesliders
HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends
Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen
Black Shorty Levers
Graves clutch kit
CustomLed Blaster-X intergrated tail light
Greggs`s Custom flushies
Powerflux is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ecuunleashed 0r flashtune vtwin Appearance & Mods 61 11-16-2014 06:37 PM
Flashtune ECU Dyno Results sirjag Appearance & Mods 183 03-30-2014 04:08 PM
Flashtune reflash 07-08 R1 bwash85 Appearance & Mods 171 06-22-2012 06:48 AM
flashtune VS ecuunleashed vtwin Mechanical / Help 3 03-16-2012 11:50 PM
Yec Cable Interface BERNY Bikes/Parts Wanted 0 03-19-2010 11:58 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome