FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface - Page 235 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

 4Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #4681 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 04:20 AM
I eat my R1
 
cheong1106's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Singapore
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham View Post
Hello Sydster,

I have spent over three months building some very good maps for my Australian 2012 R1 but I got fed up with not being able to get that sweet spot with the tune when just using the Flashtune...I now use a flashed ECU (no 02)with a PCV and Autotune and this combo has worked so well!!
I'm finally happy with the tune.
It is by far the best money you could spend and In my opinion you need all three..the PCV allows a map to be built for each gear, the Flashtune allows you to disable the 02 and run TPS vs RPM fueling (better for tuning the whole map), and the autotune trims the map for you getting it almost spot on.

If you want a FT map made for a Flashed 2012 r1 EU spec running 98 fuel
y-pipe and GYTR's I have one 99% ready to go.
Just send me a PM if you want it.(it was built by running the Auto tune over the map for a 12.9 AFR)
Send it over!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Motorcycle.com Free App
cheong1106 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4682 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 04:33 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
 
Sydster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham View Post
Hello Sydster,

I have spent over three months building some very good maps for my Australian 2012 R1 but I got fed up with not being able to get that sweet spot with the tune when just using the Flashtune...I now use a flashed ECU (no 02)with a PCV and Autotune and this combo has worked so well!!
I'm finally happy with the tune.
It is by far the best money you could spend and In my opinion you need all three..the PCV allows a map to be built for each gear, the Flashtune allows you to disable the 02 and run TPS vs RPM fueling (better for tuning the whole map), and the autotune trims the map for you getting it almost spot on.

If you want a FT map made for a Flashed 2012 r1 EU spec running 98 fuel
y-pipe and GYTR's I have one 99% ready to go.
Just send me a PM if you want it.(it was built by running the Auto tune over the map for a 12.9 AFR on my Flashed ECU)
sweet, pmed u my email.
Sydster is offline  
post #4683 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 04:38 AM
I eat my R1
 
indianfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydster View Post
so do i need to buy pc and auto tune to create a custom map with my exhaust mods or one that someone made will do?

R1evotion, is this what u are doing? a pcv for 12?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydster View Post
im in the same boat. what would flash tune do without this forum.

i'm learning, so i need to apply a PCV map to base maps even to the 2012 R1 y-pipe & slip-on.ftm map. How do I find the right PCV for my setup which is a GYTR slipons and mid y pipe?

im EU too
You could use a canned map off someone with a similar set up mate. Unless you wanna blow up more money

IndianFighter
2011 white R1
indianfighter is offline  
post #4684 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 04:40 AM
My R1 eats me.
 
AAAHH-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Perth. Australia
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by marider View Post
OK, Autotune installed (took approx. 1,5h to do it), tomorrow I'll start accepting trims for updated hybrid ECU fuel map. Meantime I'm waiting for the same posibility with Bazzaz, then I'll sell the PCV+AT and go with Bzzzaz (it works with all 8 injectors so fuel map there is more accurate I think without buying next Dynojet SFM-5 unit, not to mention putting all those connectors beneath the airbox in a very limited space..)

n4speed: as for the HM PLUS quickshifter I use 85% sensivity and 60ms kill time, mode C, yesterday I set up my Gilles rearsets to road shift pattern again (my max speed was 286km/h but speedo ended at 224km/h, something has to be wrong with 88% speedo correction I used for ECU reflash last time ).
Yer right? I get 305 km on my 07 R1 with a 9.88 1/4 mile. PCV+AT, removed exup valve, k&n filter, block off plates and graves full system. oh and i forgot to mention, bike dyno tune! No need for this flashing the ecu crap!! Get real!!
AAAHH-1 is offline  
post #4685 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 04:50 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
 
Sydster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham View Post
Hello Sydster,

I have spent over three months building some very good maps for my Australian 2012 R1 but I got fed up with not being able to get that sweet spot with the tune when just using the Flashtune...I now use a flashed ECU (no 02)with a PCV and Autotune and this combo has worked so well!!
I'm finally happy with the tune.
It is by far the best money you could spend and In my opinion you need all three..the PCV allows a map to be built for each gear, the Flashtune allows you to disable the 02 and run TPS vs RPM fueling (better for tuning the whole map), and the autotune trims the map for you getting it almost spot on.

If you want a FT map made for a Flashed 2012 r1 EU spec running 98 fuel
y-pipe and GYTR's I have one 99% ready to go.
Just send me a PM if you want it.(it was built by running the Auto tune over the map for a 12.9 AFR on my Flashed ECU)
how about a step by step for a noob like me. I havent flashed yet..

so I should use a base map then import ur map into that, select options in general setting then hit flash correct? or import your map in step one of flashtune and hit flash?

sorry if I sound like an idiot. When I moded my Audi TT i simply sent the ECU to the states, got it back running super fast! I just use a software to adjust turbo boost, timing and fueling, simply plus or minus values.... I'm still getting my head around doing all this myself for the bike..

Last edited by Sydster; 11-23-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Sydster is offline  
post #4686 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 07:13 AM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydster View Post
so do i need to buy pc and auto tune to create a custom map with my exhaust mods or one that someone made will do?

R1evotion, is this what u are doing? a pcv for 12?
Thats not me. Im doing a cylinder by cylinder test with wide band O2 and data log. im still waiting for my )2 bungs to show up

Two Bro's Slip on with y pipe. Flash tune on 91 crap gas. smoke screen, cant wait to do more
R1evolution is offline  
post #4687 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Astronomer not Astrologer
 
Tad158's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 8,451
I got the answer on how the QS works from F-T

Quote:
For the R1 the qs functions by emulating a rev limiter. It activates an ignition cut determined by the amount of time set in the map.

Venom Squadron Shirts
#158
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Res. Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS F/R Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance&Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Galespeed VRC MC, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Tad158 is online now  
post #4688 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 03:18 PM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 258
Hi,
I have something very good for US bikes not restricted throttle ECU(EUROPEAN) r1 rn22 kit(is a new without flash and has imobilaser inside).

Also very good for somebody who would like to save his ECU(eu) before FT.

Absolutely brand new ECU(EU) with imo. full kit (main looms+clock looms+red keys for this ECU(to program any barrel/antena)+ECU(EUROPEAN)+fuel cap)
one black key barrel is on racing bike with YEC ECU.

KIT is for now reserved for N4Speed to Friday

laxwendrof is offline  
post #4689 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 157
Send it to flashtune to read and include EU 2009 into software!



Quote:
Originally Posted by laxwendrof View Post
Hi,
I have something very good for US bikes not restricted throttle ECU(EUROPEAN) r1 rn22 kit(is a new without flash and has imobilaser inside).

Also very good for somebody who would like to save his ECU(eu) before FT.

Absolutely brand new ECU(EU) with imo. full kit (main looms+clock looms+red keys for this ECU(to program any barrel/antena)+ECU(EUROPEAN)+fuel cap)
one black key barrel is on racing bike with YEC ECU.

KIT is for now reserved for N4Speed to Friday
Elwin is offline  
post #4690 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 06:06 PM
I eat my R1
 
cheong1106's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Singapore
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAHH-1 View Post
Yer right? I get 305 km on my 07 R1 with a 9.88 1/4 mile. PCV+AT, removed exup valve, k&n filter, block off plates and graves full system. oh and i forgot to mention, bike dyno tune! No need for this flashing the ecu crap!! Get real!!
Well... the 12 R1 has throttle mapping shutting the butterflies back down to 84% open after 11.5k rpm. ( That would explaim the stock power curve flatten / plateau right after that. )

Flashing keeps it at 100%

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Motorcycle.com Free App
cheong1106 is offline  
post #4691 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 11:37 PM
R1
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydster View Post
how about a step by step for a noob like me. I havent flashed yet..

so I should use a base map then import ur map into that, select options in general setting then hit flash correct? or import your map in step one of flashtune and hit flash?

sorry if I sound like an idiot. When I moded my Audi TT i simply sent the ECU to the states, got it back running super fast! I just use a software to adjust turbo boost and fueling.... I'm still getting my head around doing all this myself for the bike..
Email sent

call me
chatham is offline  
post #4692 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 11:46 PM
Trackday junkie!
 
Powerflux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
Send it to flashtune to read and include EU 2009 into software!
A big

Ignorance is curable, stupidity is for life!


Flash-Tune, Tad V2-5.3.0EU, 95RON
Acrapovic Evo carbon Slip-on`s
M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
Ohlins front springs, Spring Rate: 1.0 N/mm
Goodridge SS front brakelines
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
GYTR No-Cut Upper Framesliders
R&G Airfoil Lower Framesliders
HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends
Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen
Black Shorty Levers
Graves clutch kit
CustomLed Blaster-X intergrated tail light
Greggs`s Custom flushies
Powerflux is offline  
post #4693 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 04:49 AM
ghost
 
frogsak1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: australia
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham View Post
Hello Sydster,

I have spent over three months building some very good maps for my Australian 2012 R1 but I got fed up with not being able to get that sweet spot with the tune when just using the Flashtune...I now use a flashed ECU (no 02)with a PCV and Autotune and this combo has worked so well!!
I'm finally happy with the tune.
It is by far the best money you could spend and In my opinion you need all three..the PCV allows a map to be built for each gear, the Flashtune allows you to disable the 02 and run TPS vs RPM fueling (better for tuning the whole map), and the autotune trims the map for you getting it almost spot on.

If you want a FT map made for a Flashed 2012 r1 EU spec running 98 fuel
y-pipe and GYTR's I have one 99% ready to go.
Just send me a PM if you want it.(it was built by running the Auto tune over the map for a 12.9 AFR on my Flashed ECU)
Chatham live kind near me and what he is saying is correct all 3 units working together makes for a very nice map


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
frogsak1 is offline  
post #4694 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 09:03 AM
I eat my R1
 
Ryans79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mauritius
Posts: 243
Send a message via Yahoo to Ryans79
07 08 R1 Flash ECU

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAHH-1 View Post
Yer right? I get 305 km on my 07 R1 with a 9.88 1/4 mile. PCV+AT, removed exup valve, k&n filter, block off plates and graves full system. oh and i forgot to mention, bike dyno tune! No need for this flashing the ecu crap!! Get real!!
I got a 08 R1, DNA air Filter, Block off plates, Full Graves exhaust system(no exup Valve), Bazzaz ZFI+AFM kit. Bike was pulling super well up 300km/hr. But after I reflashed the ECU with Flash Tune kit, bikes pulls like a bullet and in much less time to the 300km/hr. The front end will fly easily even in 4th gear ...
Ryans79 is offline  
post #4695 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryans79 View Post
I got a 08 R1, DNA air Filter, Block off plates, Full Graves exhaust system(no exup Valve), Bazzaz ZFI+AFM kit. Bike was pulling super well up 300km/hr. But after I reflashed the ECU with Flash Tune kit, bikes pulls like a bullet and in much less time to the 300km/hr. The front end will fly easily even in 4th gear ...
Lucky...My 07 has similar mods but i'm running a completely stock fuel map. I'm lucky to get my bike to lift in 2nd gear on power alone. I'm not that heavy at 185lbs.

Sent from my DROID4 using Motorcycle.com Free App
SySt is online now  
post #4696 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 11:46 PM
yamaha rules
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: auckland new zealand
Posts: 11
Send a message via Skype™ to chrispy121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
I got the answer on how the QS works from F-T
darn it just purchased a annitori qs as I hadnt had the answer but the main reason is the sensor works in standard and revese shift
chrispy121 is offline  
post #4697 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 12:04 AM
Trackday junkie!
 
Powerflux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryans79 View Post
The front end will fly easily even in 4th gear ...
And you don`t have a small turbo you forgot to tell us about???........

Ignorance is curable, stupidity is for life!


Flash-Tune, Tad V2-5.3.0EU, 95RON
Acrapovic Evo carbon Slip-on`s
M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
Ohlins front springs, Spring Rate: 1.0 N/mm
Goodridge SS front brakelines
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
GYTR No-Cut Upper Framesliders
R&G Airfoil Lower Framesliders
HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends
Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen
Black Shorty Levers
Graves clutch kit
CustomLed Blaster-X intergrated tail light
Greggs`s Custom flushies
Powerflux is offline  
post #4698 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 04:40 AM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: WNC
Posts: 1,713
Lol, that or a sprocket not much smaller than his wheel.
AKDMA is offline  
post #4699 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 08:18 AM
Feel the speed attack!
 
marider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: IL, QC, PL
Posts: 648
Send a message via Skype™ to marider
Hi guys,

after 4 days fiddling with R1, resetting the TPS damn sensor, having dried battery and other causing headache problems finally I managed to built up a map that works with Lax hybrid reflash based on Elwin hints (big thanks! ) using Autotune AT-200 and zero map in Power Commander. After almost 100km on a roller / 60 miles/ did a dyno run at the end.. First I did the dyno calibration and set up the minimum revs to 3000 rpm & maximum revs to 14 000 rpm and after the run...

Hit 170,1 RWHP and 103,1Nm (76.67 lb/ft)

Below you have my current dyno charts with the newest run compared to previous one (without the AT-200 unit trims, based on zero map only) and I made additional chart for the Flash-Tune'd ECU with 3/4 Akrapovic, K&N airfilter (road), Graves block offs VS my completely stock European 2009 R1 before the tune-up game ...

As you see the difference is HUGE (proper dyno calibration is a MUST here). I'll smooth it a little bit later, it was hard to hold the throttle all the time at 2%, 5%, 10%, 15% as the numbers flickered +/- 2% (I used a laptop to see how much I twist my hand). Suppose the dips in torque will flatten out similar to my best map trends when I ride more and accept further "city" trims at low throttle openings but for the next dyno runs will have to wait till Spring as snow is coming...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ftathybridmoc.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	477274   Click image for larger version

Name:	ftathybridmoment.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	477275   Click image for larger version

Name:	ftatstock.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	477276  

marider
Longest distance between two curves... straight line

EU 09 R1:
full Akrapovic Evo2,F-T'd ECU,Bazzaz ZFi-TC+Z-AFM,Marchesinis,Ohlins damper+FPK108+.95 springs,q'Ohlins r.shock,
Brembo RCS/w Hel&Braking SK rotors,Graves block offs,Clutch Kit,Fabbri screen,GYTR:sliders,clutch sliders,gel seat+cowl,Gilles VCR+Variobar,Gregg's Flushmount,-1/+1 sprockets,CustomLED mod. 3/4Dyno:170.1 RWHP,77 Tq.
marider is offline  
post #4700 of 12033 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by marider View Post
Hi guys,

after 4 days fiddling with R1, resetting the TPS damn sensor, having dried battery and other causing headache problems finally I managed to built up a map that works with Lax hybrid reflash based on Elwin hints (big thanks! ) using Autotune AT-200 and zero map in Power Commander. After almost 100km on a roller / 60 miles/ did a dyno run at the end.. First I did the dyno calibration and set up the minimum revs to 3000 rpm & maximum revs to 14 000 rpm and after the run...

Hit 170,1 RWHP and 103,1Nm (76.67 lb/ft)

Below you have my current dyno charts with the newest run compared to previous one (without the AT-200 unit trims, based on zero map only) and I made additional chart for the Flash-Tune'd ECU with 3/4 Akrapovic, K&N airfilter (road), Graves block offs VS my completely stock European 2009 R1 before the tune-up game ...

As you see the difference is HUGE (proper dyno calibration is a MUST here). I'll smooth it a little bit later, it was hard to hold the throttle all the time at 2%, 5%, 10%, 15% as the numbers flickered +/- 2% (I used a laptop to see how much I twist my hand). Suppose the dips in torque will flatten out similar to my best map trends when I ride more and accept further "city" trims at low throttle openings but for the next dyno runs will have to wait till Spring as snow is coming...
It sounds like you spent a lot of time on a dyno. Too bad you used the AT-200 to tune it rather than the dyno output.
SySt is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ecuunleashed 0r flashtune vtwin Appearance & Mods 61 11-16-2014 06:37 PM
Flashtune ECU Dyno Results sirjag Appearance & Mods 183 03-30-2014 04:08 PM
Flashtune reflash 07-08 R1 bwash85 Appearance & Mods 171 06-22-2012 06:48 AM
flashtune VS ecuunleashed vtwin Mechanical / Help 3 03-16-2012 11:50 PM
Yec Cable Interface BERNY Bikes/Parts Wanted 0 03-19-2010 11:58 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome