Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#10,441 ·
As Tad mentioned, I got a response to my ticket that says if I register my current interface with my email by running the software with the interface hooked up, I will be eligible for the new interface. Sounds fair, but what is everybody doing? Keep the old interface and old software and still be able to flash multiple ECU's or bite the bullet and get the new single ECU setup?

#10,454 ·
No he is referring to the fact that he has traded in one of this original boxes for a new F-T cable....

In other news.....I FINALLY got the O2 sensor installed and hooked up to the RaceDAC....and everything seems to be working, but I can't test it till tomorrow....As it is late and I didn't want to piss off the neighbors....

I also got the calibration all squared away with the APS and TPS....So that should be all set and ready for the tuning....

#10,457 ·
Well I have now received my new interface...But it wont recognize my ECU and redirects me to buy a licence...
Has anyone got the new "latest update 2.1.0.14" of Ftune working? on a just replaced harness.

at the moment its asking for me to pay $100...and not recognizing my ECU to flash.

#10,460 ·
just open a ticket. your email has to be unregistered from old interface and registered to the new.

#10,459 ·
Hi
The same thing happened to me so I issued a ticket explaining that I shouldn't need a new licence as my bike already has a bike harnesses fitted and that they had confirmed to me previously that all i needed to do was update to the latest version.
They replied saying that they had reset my licence, so I tried flashing the bike and now everything is work again.

#10,461 ·
I got my O2 sensor all calibrated and and tested out what the data logger was reading and it is right on the money now. So now all I have to do is put everything back together, and start riding....:jump....

#10,465 ·
Yep it's the original one. I was about to make a sweet map with autotune I just got. But nope, damn thieves took bike. I've never had a bike stolen so not sure how it works here...do they just go by KBB value? People here ask for crazy prices for their ratty bikes. Mine was awesome and had a lot of good mods. So that would be a downgrade, and I don't like downgrades. So I think at this point I will either wait for the 2015's or maybe see what I can do about getting a KTM Superduke.

#10,469 ·
HI Tad
I'm a massive fan of your work and absolutely love your 5.3.15 map and also appreciant all the time and effort you put into this forum.

Now that you have installed your data logger and O2 sensor will you be gathering data and making any changes to this map?

I have had this map install on my 2012 limited edition R1 since you issued on the forum and I have tried other maps but nothing compares so even if no changes are made I will continue to use this map.

Once again Thanks for all you have done.
Many Thanks
Peter UK

#10,470 ·
There will be updates. I have found a few flat spots that I want to nuke...

#10,471 ·
Would it be possible to make a section just for uploading the .ftm files so we don't have to Google and scrub a long slew of posts to find individual items or is that already done and I am ignorant to how to find them easier?

#10,474 ·
I also found one at like 7k...but the O2 sensor will tell me soon enough

#10,477 ·
You don't always need that harness. The dano quick shifter comes with a harness. Also includes the needed rods.

#10,478 ·
Yep just the dano setup...And you should be good to go...

#10,480 ·
I am using the O2 sensor to tweak the tune. You can use your OEM O2 or no O2... Your choice

#10,481 ·
to 02 or not to 02, that is the question :epimp

#10,484 ·
;yesnod...Hopefully in a few weeks one I have enough afr data I will put out a new update...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.