Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#4,244 ·
some of the bugs still there. im afraid to try and flash my bike with the updated map i just did tho. tp vs rpm maping and map vs rpm. the value percent still bugged

so new learning curve maybe. but im going to bed ill see what happens tomorrow

#4,245 ·
What did he claim to fix?

#4,246 ·
to be honest i just clicked accept i didnt even pay attention. they did away with the 02 slider and now there is a drop down menu that has tps vs rpm and map vs RPM... some r6 stuff. im just worried there alway seems to be some sort of issue that happens. i hope not tho.:chair:

#4,247 ·
11/1/12
- Added 2012 Yamaha R6 specific mapping
- Added "Flash ETV only" and "Flash FI only" routines
- Added gear dependent Ycct Mapping to Type1 models
- Modified PC import for current image AND proportioning
- Formatted Ycct maps to #.# for more precise adjustment
- Advanced idle speed scaling revised to +#.#
- ETV Engine braking adjustment revised
- Reduced default map count for faster downloads
- Fixed multiple UI and performance bugs

#4,248 ·
O2 slider is gone!!
Does that mean that Bias is at the previous default setting 75% or disabled permanently :dunno

Wish FT could be a bit more detailed when major changes occur :machinegu:nforc:

#4,250 ·
The option is not gone. It's a combobox (drop down menu) on the right now. Of course the TPS vs RPM option is TPS mapping only and MAP vs RPM option is MAP mapping only.

The Type 1 images now have a separate YCCT map for each gear including neutral. So not just the 09+ R1s anymore.

The YCCT and idle maps now allow for more precise adjustment by using one decimal place. For example: 19.3 is now an acceptable value and won't be rounded.

GUI glitches are also claimed to have been fixed (I don't know specifically which ones).

Powercommander maps will now be applied to the stock map or whatever your current fuel map is, it must be selected.

#4,258 ·
Ok I'm confused. What's the load bias mean? 10-25-50-75-TPS-Fuel
I just looked at the new version. It is the same as when we had a slider. It just changes the switch over point from when the F/I controller is using the O2 sensor to determine the fuel map and when it switches into open loop mapped mode. We just have more options now, and it is a drop down box in stead of a slider.

All the info in the FAQ about load bias is still correct.

#4,260 ·
I just flashed R1 evo's map. I decided not to update the FT software now, and I'll let you Guru's keep an eye on it. I forced the idle to 1700 RPM, which seemed to give the bike a bouncy,unsteady idle when cold. It seemed to get a bit better when warmed up. I'll keep an eye on it at the track tomorrow.

#4,262 ·
Hmmm, mine idles@1600-1700 without the idle box checked! Like evo, I prefer the idle like that, makes it a bit crisper off the line!!

#4,266 ·
Hello guys.. i'm thinking using the not updated version tomorow on the dyno, what do you guys recomend?

#4,268 ·
there is no issues with the updated map.

we really need to know what the improvements did. im really hoping that the 6K dip is fixed to with the updated map.

Flux and the others should chime in here.

#4,267 ·
Honestly, I don't think it matters if you are just flashing existing maps. Though with the new version you can now over write with a PCV map on top of what ever the current fuel map is....So this means that you can use the dyno to tweak the map in the ECU:sneaky...

That being said I think Jamie (toys4boys) says that you can back up the old version and use either....he can chime in on that and how...

#4,277 ·
Came from a Guns`n Roses song!! Can`t remember which atm but it`ll come to me in a few :)

#4,273 ·

:dunno

#4,276 ·
:iamwithst

#4,279 ·
Nope....Shows how I can use google....:crash..:hammer:

#4,282 ·
Anyway, the matter at hand is that the newest update looks handy with the ability to apply an A-T trim map.

Though I am looking forward to the next update with the pit limiter etc...

#4,286 ·
I reflashed the same map I`m currently running just to see if there were any differences using the updated version. I used the "old" method, just hitting flash and letting the prog go through it`s 4 min 56 sec routine and everything worked mint:fact

#4,290 · (Edited)
#4,292 · (Edited)
I highly doubt it. Here is why:

Both the F-T blipper and QS kill is designed to blip/kill when it sees a sensor input. The way it is currently setup it must see a down shit with no up shift and vice versa. So with normal sensors and normal shift pattern, it would have a pull sensor for up shifting and a push sensor for down shifts. In other words an up shift would would only produce a signal during an up shift, and a down shift would only produce a signal for a down shift.

With a sensor that produces the same signal in both direction every time, wold be asking the ECU to up shift AND down shift, which is not good....:dundun:.....

If you could find a sensor that would only sens a signal for up shifts on one wire and an open on a second wire, and on down shifts a signal and an open on one and signal on the other, then it could be done.

#4,295 ·
Some if not all of the strain gauge type sensors will register a different value for each direction. For example, a Cordona strain gauge will output an analog voltage based on strain, which works in both directions. So perhaps 2.5V at a nuetral position, 0v at shift down and 5v at shift up. This allows the detection of separate up shifts and down shifts on the same wire with the same sensor. Flashtune is not setup for this. That may be due to the only available terminals being digital inputs, not being able to handle analog signals. The only other option is to run two sensors, one for up shifts and one for downshifts.

I don't mean to talk too much trash, but I can't see the auto-blipper working too good with a static map like the quickshifter. Anyone that tracks their bike knows hard braking into a corner with downshifting really requires finesse on the clutch even with good rev match downshifting. I hope i'm wrong though. I hope the auto-blipper works great. One of my biggest complaints around the track is dealing with the shifting. Such a PITA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.