Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#4,294 ·
Well you need to look at the signals coming out of it....are there are only one pair of wires or two pair...

#4,296 · (Edited)
There is a video in this thread where Chris@F-T was running it on the track. It seemed pretty smooth. I am not going to be running it, because basically any blipper is hard on the transmission (or at least so says the folk lore).

But yes in principle something like that 0-2.5-5V signal could work for both. It would probably take a relatively simple digitizer circuit to send the signals to the two different pins for the two signals... More time than I am willing to invest to something I would not use though...less I hit the lotto and can afford to rebuild the transmission every so often....

#4,307 ·
so, on the first picture.. is your map vc my mapa.. your's gained all the way till 11.000 rpm..

the second.. is your map, vs your map.. but i couln't reproduce the same result.. don't know why..

on the 3Âş.. is the afr, the agr that produced the best result, and the afr that i have now... tryed to add and take some fuel.. bue the result was the same.. and don't have the HO number, but gained about 7/8 from 6500 rpm to 11.000

#4,310 · (Edited)
Hi, n4s could you put some dyno numbers and which map (name). Is it the latest fast throttle map from r1evo which base on the Marider/Lax map?

Edit:
R1evo. as you see this dyno curve depression around 6500RPM is much smaller :) GREAT!!!!!!!! and exactly as you said.

The dyno numbers are WRONG!!!!!! for sure but it is not that important as far as we have two curves for comparison.

All should be offset more or less around 700-900RPM and max Power should be around 12880RPM

#4,312 ·
i just got off skype with him. he told me that will post up what is what later he had to go, but i know and im happy. my Mapping made more torque and hp and im already working on the next map. :fire

#4,325 · (Edited)
all i can say is that the maps is a way better responsive map and more liner power to boot. For me not having an dyno i think it came out pretty dam good. i dont care about peak power numbers. most people dont ride at full throttle all the time anyways. mid range picked up very nice power. thanks to my test pilots and others who have added to the infor for me to make these adjustments. The next version of this map is in the works.

#4,329 ·
Cool results. A Google hangout would work to chat as well.

#4,332 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1q7BSAgLIc&feature=youtu.be

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t1q7BSAgLIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is video from todays trackday. I was running R1evo's map in STD mode. I tried it in A mode in the morning but I found the on-off throttle response to still be too abrupt for me in A mode. The bike pulled like a rocket though. Excuse the sloppy riding, it was the last session of the day and I was exhausted. The quickshifter worked awesome, so my problem was indeed the harness connection I referenced earlier. I'll post more vids later.

#4,333 · (Edited)

That looks like you were running pretty awesome. It sounded like it was pulling real hard....Good work Guys...:thumbup

#4,334 ·
sounds so good. im glad you like the map. please call me or let me know what you meant abut on off. one thing that is hard to do is set up a map for every track condition. i think this map would be perfect for high speed tracks like willow springs. how did it pull against other bikes on the straights. Thanks for testing it for me and look forward to your impressions.

#4,335 ·
The bike pulls awesome. My friend on his RSV4 behind me said he would pull me just a tiny bit in his upper RPM range, but that his bike, my bike, and another friend on an GSXR1000 were all very close. What I mean by the on/off throttle response is when I begin to roll thr throttle back on at the apex of a corner, its almost jerky. It's better with this map than others, and in STD mode its very manageable with any of the maps I've tried. I'm not sure tuning wise what we might need to look at to soften it up some, but I know its something that is "tuned" out of most F.I. bikes.

Other than that one issue I have no suggestions for improvement. Granted my butt dyno and right hand are only so sensitive, but I'm very happy with how the bike pulls and how it puts power down.

#4,336 ·
so do you feel they might have a little more power then you still even after this map still. i mean if there stock bike with basic bolt ons then im going to amp this map even more. i already have one but i wanted to wait till later to try it. and also at what rpm range can you tell me it seemed like this

#4,341 ·
The bike pulls awesome. My friend on his RSV4 behind me said he would pull me just a tiny bit in his upper RPM range, but that his bike, my bike, and another friend on an GSXR1000 were all very close. What I mean by the on/off throttle response is when I begin to roll thr throttle back on at the apex of a corner, its almost jerky. It's better with this map than others, and in STD mode its very manageable with any of the maps I've tried. I'm not sure tuning wise what we might need to look at to soften it up some, but I know its something that is "tuned" out of most F.I. bikes.

Other than that one issue I have no suggestions for improvement. Granted my butt dyno and right hand are only so sensitive, but I'm very happy with how the bike pulls and how it puts power down.
go into the fly by wire settings and for each gear above 5500 from 0-1% throttle put 2's in. I entered 3's in every gear but first but others have had bad results with this so start conservative. for me its smooth as silk coming from closed throttle and re opening it. no bump at all!!

#4,344 ·
well to be honest i had picked a few members that tried the maps as is with out making changes on there own to there liking. I have explained it in a few of my last posts and until now there have been skeptics on if i even made a difference. i am still working on more maps and would like to disclose it at the end of what i do. I have spent many of hours looking at these maps and finding faults in them,but i wanted to make sure i was going in the right direction before i post up anything. as you said in one of your previous post i dont want anyone to have any (fuel timing issues ) that might harm there engines.

#4,345 · (Edited)
So why not openly and specifically discuss the changes that are being made and discuss the "faults" you're finding? Seeing that you aren't a tuner, one would assume you'd want feedback on the changes being made and clarification that they aren't in fact potentially harmful. Not disclosing these changes and simply sharing the maps with a select few who are willing to test them without explanation seems far more risky. Would it not be wiser to post them under a disclaimer so that everyone can examine and verify that the changes you make are a good thing/safe? The more knowledgeable input we have and if everyone is working together, I feel like progress will go along much quicker.

Edit: In the end, it's your decision and I respect that. I just see that clearly we're making improvements, based on the most recent dyno and it'd be great to take that even further.

#4,346 ·
so im not a tuner. what is a tuner. To give you some back ground i am Certified AEM EMS tuner for there stand alone engine managment system.
i have tuned Super charged Nsx's, Lancer Evolutions, and other cars. Yes this is my 1st time tuning a bike but really engine is an engine. I have spent a ton of hours looking at this software and maps to find these bugs and have told FT about them. Also FT released maps with holes in them that all of you are running. I was told By FT that what i found wasnt a high priority on his list of things to fix. so i went a head and made my own maps based on other maps that had been made. these holes are in almost every single map that everyone is running. So i kept this info to my self to test and find out before i really started stepping on toes. i know im new here,but not new to the world of tuning. once again im not sure what is considered a tuner to most ,but i feel i am.

#4,347 · (Edited)
Generally speaking, most tuning is done while closely monitoring engine conditions and measuring AFR and on a dyno. When you are very vague and say things like "going to amp this map even more.", it doesn't make much sense to me. Why would you as a tuner, leave power on the table? This is why I am suggesting that you are clear and specify the changes you're making, otherwise how is one to know that it's a safe or even beneficial change? This isn't proprietary information here, let's be open and clear about the changes being made. I'd hate to see one of these testers lose a piston.

#4,348 ·
to clairfy.. amp up it was just meant as metaphor. The reason i didnt try for max power was i wanted to make different stages of power. I dont know how half of the people on here ride. and even with a disclaimer i didnt want something to happen to someone for making the bike to powerful. I have been working on low end and mid range power levels. But let me ask you a question did you just load up the 91 + map from FT when it came out or did you dyno tune your bike or load a map that one of the others posted up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.