Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#4,349 ·
hi all.. it seems people are getting upset here.. i will post more charts tomorow.. as far as R1Evolution maps, in my opinion are a great improvement.. i can just thank R1Evo for his input and work.. i tested several maps.. i talked to the local tuner and company that suports several yamaha riders here and he liked very much what he saw.. he was very impressed, even more comparing with some other tuned bikes that he did, one of those with an exhaust from a motogp yamaha 2004 M1...

i will be at the syno again next week with the revised map..

at this point, i will not share any map, beacause it's not mine to share..

happy ridding.. and once again.. thanks R1Evolution

#4,351 ·
as we all know the 91+ map from FT is not the best and to use it as a base is a bad idea in my opinion. and all of the maps you have stated all use it as there base to bulid on. I can respect where your coming from as far as your bike. My bike means alot to me and also cost alot. if you would like to know what i did i am willing to give you a call or we can chat in skype if you have time.

#4,352 ·
dragginass ,your speedo doesn't go past 152 mph in the vid, even with rpm's still rising. Any reason for this, or cause?

#4,358 ·
So did you make any speedo adjustments?

#4,364 ·
I think that the map in the ECU was not simply the stock fuel map for that case...Also they have updated that part of the code...

#4,365 ·
R1evo
Please list any other anomalies that you think you found with the software.

Good catch with the proportion percentage bug. :yesnod Did you find other bugs? :dundun: I didn't see that myself. Guess that's why we're here. :secret: I agree 91+ maps.:sing:

When you get the data logger setup up and running I (we) would love to see the AFR readings for the closed loop area. Question regarding the O2 sensors.
Reading I've done shows latency and reversionary problems with the wide band O2 sensors at low rpm/throttle settings. How do you plan on tuning the closed loop area or is this the reason for all the testing.
How are you determining what is too much timing?

#4,373 · (Edited)
yes.. the 91+ map as a base is a bad idea. and most of them that everyone is running is based on that map.

one major thing that i have said before is that when you adjust a value in value mode to doesnt change the percentage. if it does its not much or way off. timing fuel YCC proportioning all of them in one way or another. There a a lot of - percentages. which means there below stock. so if this map was supposed to be better then why would they make throttle less then stock. and the sad thing is that these maps are still being used to make new maps, And still offered as a flash and go for us all to use.

:shake

#4,375 ·
yes.. the 91+ map as a base is a bad idea. and most of them that everyone is running is based on that map.

one major thing that i have said before is that when you adjust a value in value mode to doesnt change the percentage. if it does its not much or way off. timing fuel YCC proportioning all of them in one way or another.

:shake
So youre saying: when making value changes in fuel/ignition maps the percentages applied are off or incorrect. How are you determining whats the correct percentages for the changes? Stock values math applied?

#4,367 ·
Yea the stock EU ECU is different than any of the base maps we have...:dunno

#4,374 ·
For best results, go to the diag mode and energize the EFI circuit to power up the PCV properly. Now set the min and max TPS voltages while in the diag mode. If you don't energize the EFI circuit it will not work. To energize the EFI circuit you can jump 12v+ into one of the injector connectors or the fuel pump connector. Be careful and consult the wiring diagram if you're in doubt.

If you set the min TPS voltage with the engine at idle, you will offset the map once it's loaded into Flashtune because on the ECU fuel maps 0% TPS is with a closed throttle, not a slightly open throttle such as during engine idle.

#4,383 ·
That'll probably accomplish the same thing. You may want to try both and compare. It's probably unlikely but the servo may open the butterflies slightly less when the bike is at WOT than when you are holding them open. In other words, the mechanical stop of the butterflies may occur beyond WOT. Just something to think about and maybe verify.

#4,385 ·
Thx for the info SyST. Interested to see the comparison. Also have you figured out what specifically causes he injectors to shut off? Is it the min TPS voltage the ecu see's or is it the throttle mapping "0" or combination of both? A lot of this popping on decel is caused by this shut-off injector sh*t.

#4,387 ·
That's not all... if you use the 1.2.20 version.. same values.. diferent percentages.. if i knew what i know now, i would never flash my bike.. the EU map with power comander is better.. i saw that on the dyno with a bike of a friend of mine... only on the top end the bike as a little more..

#4,399 · (Edited)
IMOPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, to all my r1 brothers here ;), R1 rn22 (US, Eu) on FT or PCV can only produces max. 165BHP with (3/4 system) and that is all!!!!!!!!!

To get more around 3-5BHP you must put yec 0.3 c.h.gasket and grinding 0.1-0.15

To get 172BHP you must add a full exh. system

To get 174BHP you must add v.stacks.

To get 178BHP you must porting c.head

And that is all

FT is great because gives you throttle characteristics and you can make this bike to feel it more powerful as it is ;).

Thanks R1evo for quick-throttle it is right direction

One more time sending graph from top power of Marider's engine (blue line EU PCV+AT)
Red one is base on fueling from old Lax/Marider map (partially n4speed) (just adhoc!!!!!!!!!!) but after our fuel correction the new map which r1evo modded the top end power is pretty similar to Marider blue base line.

#4,389 ·
Flux, I think that stems from changes in the ETV slider....

#4,390 ·
Don`t think so! Both maps are with the sliders at 0!!

#4,391 ·
something im having a issue with is the fact that you all have been running these maps in your bike well before i got to the boards or even known about the software.

The only reason i even started looking at this was because my bike ran like crap from Yamaha.

so enter me. i start looking at all the number and trying to get a feel for the software and try to figure out how i can make my bike better. i commute everyday on my bike so i wanted it to be better. then i start to find bug i make some adjustment the way i like on my bike and realize that the adjustments i made worked better and better. I just figured that stock was a 0 % seeing how thats what it is on the stock map. so i built upon that 0 was my stock number and saw all of the negative number in the YCC and said to my self why would they be less then stock and noticed the power commander maps where pulling fuel in the areas of the negative numbered areas. which means to me that its not getting enough air or to much fuel .but seeing how they where all negative number (below stock) i decided to make a few ycc changes and you guys said it was a better response already. now these adjustments where brought back to stock level. then adjusted a head by just a few percent where people said they had on off throttle.

i had already made these adjustments on my bike as well and noticed a large difference in the response. so before i ever made changes to your maps i trid them on mine 1st.

So i think for now i will keep my adjustments and bug i find to my self. I dont want to keep getting :1pok: at why i did what i did. we should just be focusing on what i found... the bug that could of caused major engine damage and other issues,but i havent heard anyone say thanks. that could of been a bad thing for us. especially when many of you guys track your bike and go canyon riding.

If i wouldnt of tried the changes on my bike already i wouldnt of made the changes to these maps. So i will refrain from telling anymore bugs that i have found and how to work around them.

Let be honest if i found a way around the bug or fixed it with some adjustments after only knowing the software after a week and said something.

Why isnt FT on here telling all of us hey guys im working on this and so forth.
there has been no help from him,but i have.

so i will wait till i get more information about what and why i did what i did.
so i wont be posting the new bugs in software till i find out for sure what the impact will be.

#4,404 ·
Just out of curiosity, why a 12`map for a 09-11`bike?
Looking forward to seeing what you`ve got tho!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.