New '06... Wait. New '12 Mod Addicted Owner??? - Page 13 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
 
iGoldeneye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 2,491
Got a package from Brad by way of Super Bike Supply...



Translogic MD3-12 Micro Dash





May the nightmare of installing this thing begin...


Thanks Uncle P!

WERA #21 | INSTAGRAM @igoldeneye21


My 2015 R1M Racebike Build


View my MOD ADDICTED 2012 R1 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40
Being a biker is not a welfare sport.
iGoldeneye is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #242 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Love that Crossplane...
 
Ironhorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Altus, Ok
Posts: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGoldeneye View Post
Got a package from Brad by way of Super Bike Supply...



Translogic MD3-12 Micro Dash





May the nightmare of installing this thing begin...
OHhhhhhh shiiiiiiiittt

What's the estimated completion date??

I hate you by the way....


Thanks Petrol Spice


"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell

2012 R1 WGP 50th Anniversary #1277 Build Click here...
Ironhorz is offline  
post #243 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 02:18 PM
kickin' at the darkness
 
bacchus40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 8,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorz View Post
OHhhhhhh shiiiiiiiittt

What's the estimated completion date??
baahahhaha....


y'all is crazy!!...

come to think of it though..!

pics of the install please.!! i'm loving this badboy



2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, Leo Vince EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS, GYTR, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc, HINSON bskt, EBC SRK, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech chain adjust, ANNITORI RL
CLEVER WOLF CF, RIZOMA grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows, GYTR seat, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK, CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18,

Last edited by bacchus40; 11-15-2012 at 02:30 PM.
bacchus40 is offline  
post #244 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
 
iGoldeneye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorz View Post
OHhhhhhh shiiiiiiiittt

What's the estimated completion date??

I hate you by the way....
LOL

My estimated completion date is 11/15/12 I didn't get a chance to get started until around 1, but I already have the wiring verified and completed I just stopped for a smoke break, check emails, and change my fantasy football starters I'm wondering what everyone used to cut the universal bracket shorter? Ben's Translogic thread really takes all the guesswork out, and the crossplane has lots of space to work with; It just took a while to verify the correct sub-harness that contains the grey/green ignition wire (under the tank on the right side near the airbox) At any rate, time to mount the dash, patch everything back up and calibrate the damn thing...





OEM Speed Sensor tap (Thanks Ben )



Temperature Sensor



OEM Dash Harness



OEM Dash Harness w/ TL wire tapped in



Stay tuned...


Thanks Uncle P!

WERA #21 | INSTAGRAM @igoldeneye21


My 2015 R1M Racebike Build


View my MOD ADDICTED 2012 R1 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40
Being a biker is not a welfare sport.
iGoldeneye is offline  
post #245 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Love that Crossplane...
 
Ironhorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Altus, Ok
Posts: 1,294
Looking good brotha. We're those connectors included with the dash, or ones you picked up?


Thanks Petrol Spice


"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell

2012 R1 WGP 50th Anniversary #1277 Build Click here...
Ironhorz is offline  
post #246 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
 
iGoldeneye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorz View Post
Looking good brotha. We're those connectors included with the dash, or ones you picked up?
The connectors are the Posi-Taps I ordered. Made the install a breeze







Job's a gud'n


Thanks Uncle P!

WERA #21 | INSTAGRAM @igoldeneye21


My 2015 R1M Racebike Build


View my MOD ADDICTED 2012 R1 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40
Being a biker is not a welfare sport.
iGoldeneye is offline  
post #247 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 08:54 PM
kickin' at the darkness
 
bacchus40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 8,199
absolutely stellar!!... i'll have to hit you up for small q&a if i pick one up...

i'm loving this suckah though... wow... impressed..



2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, Leo Vince EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS, GYTR, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc, HINSON bskt, EBC SRK, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech chain adjust, ANNITORI RL
CLEVER WOLF CF, RIZOMA grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows, GYTR seat, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK, CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18,
bacchus40 is offline  
post #248 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 01:38 AM
I am my batterie's tender....
 
stuntedr6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: L.A., CA
Posts: 48
Im at a lost for words. This is an amazing build so far. Definitely will continue to follow this one...
stuntedr6 is offline  
post #249 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 04:02 AM
Love that Crossplane...
 
Ironhorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Altus, Ok
Posts: 1,294
Gkfksnskiflglflckabggcofkdbxifnbskfvfn

I didn't know what else to say!! Absolutely stunning brotha!!

Rear Ohlins... Need it
Flash... Need it
MDI belly pan... Need it
Dash... Need it



Thanks Petrol Spice


"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell

2012 R1 WGP 50th Anniversary #1277 Build Click here...
Ironhorz is offline  
post #250 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 06:02 AM
Sir Douglas
 
DouglasyzfR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 4,334
Send a message via AIM to DouglasyzfR1
Looks SWEET!!!

DouglasyzfR1 is offline  
post #251 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 06:07 AM
Sir Douglas
 
DouglasyzfR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 4,334
Send a message via AIM to DouglasyzfR1
Those connectors look pretty cool. May have to pick some up for future projects.

DouglasyzfR1 is offline  
post #252 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 06:32 AM
I eat my R1
 
My94GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MD
Posts: 522
My94GT is offline  
post #253 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
 
iGoldeneye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntedr6 View Post
Im at a lost for words. This is an amazing build so far. Definitely will continue to follow this one...
Thanks brotha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorz View Post
Gkfksnskiflglflckabggcofkdbxifnbskfvfn

I didn't know what else to say!! Absolutely stunning brotha!!

Rear Ohlins... Need it
me too
Flash... Need it
MDI belly pan... Need it
me too
Dash... Need it

Ohlins Forks... Need it
Carrozerria Wheels... Need'em
Race Fairings... Need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasyzfR1 View Post
Looks SWEET!!!
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasyzfR1 View Post
Those connectors look pretty cool. May have to pick some up for future projects.
You can find them on Amazon or posi-lock.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by My94GT View Post
seriously such a sick ass build man
Thanks brotha! How is the R6?


Thanks for all the great feedback guys

Another package came in today...



Time for some weight loss...



8-cell vs. OEM



I was really hanging out for my new boots to show up, but I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow


Thanks Uncle P!

WERA #21 | INSTAGRAM @igoldeneye21


My 2015 R1M Racebike Build


View my MOD ADDICTED 2012 R1 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40
Being a biker is not a welfare sport.
iGoldeneye is offline  
post #254 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 10:47 AM
I eat my R1
 
SoloStunna99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 198
Excellent batch of goodies Sir...!!!!! I guess I'm waiting like everyone else to see whats up next?

I'm thinking a 007-ish throttle grip that only twists when your hand grabs it...yes, I did see Skyfall. imp

STOLEN - '04 CBR1000rr
STOLEN - '04 GSXR1000
SOLD - '05 R1
SOLD - track whore - '08 CBR1000RR
SOLD - '09 R1
track whore - '11 r1 (flashed ECU)
SoloStunna99 is offline  
post #255 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
 
iGoldeneye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 2,491
Grrrr....

So I installed my new battery and then decided to make some changes to the TL setup... No can do. The 8-cell battery doesn't have enough juice to start the bike with the dash on (even with the HID's disconnected) So in order for me to recalibrate with the engine running, it must be done with the OEM battery Now it's time to put the 8-cell back in and finally go for a ride


Thanks Uncle P!

WERA #21 | INSTAGRAM @igoldeneye21


My 2015 R1M Racebike Build


View my MOD ADDICTED 2012 R1 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40
Being a biker is not a welfare sport.
iGoldeneye is offline  
post #256 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 01:08 PM
I eat my R1
 
My94GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MD
Posts: 522
thanks man the R6 is still in pieces. ill be fixing it over the winter here, and have it ready to hit the track next season. how are first impressions of that new dash, aside from how damn clean it looks lol.
My94GT is offline  
post #257 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
 
iGoldeneye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by My94GT View Post
thanks man the R6 is still in pieces. ill be fixing it over the winter here, and have it ready to hit the track next season. how are first impressions of that new dash, aside from how damn clean it looks lol.
First impressions? Well, today I rode for the first time and I love it. Display is big, easy to read, and very informative. My temp sensor was putting out some weird numbers until the bike heated and cooled a few times; now it shows 205F when the fans kick on, which the fans are set to at 205 so I'm good there. I may need to re-calibrate to get my speed perfect... I know my commute is exactly 40.1 miles A to B, and this dash clocked about 44.9 miles, so I know there is some tweaking to be had there... I'm guessing it's displaying a faster speed than I am actually going It takes a second for the dash to figure out which gear I'm in sometimes, which is funny- Pull the clutch in and it doesn't know wtf is going on; assumes I'm in 2nd

This thing is built solid BTW, it's not plastic, it has an aluminum case.

The fuel trip counter is pretty cool... You basically program how many miles you can get to the tank and it will display the low fuel light when there are 30 miles remaining. I guess this resolves fuel light issues we were trying to figure out in older threads... You'd be surprised how much you can program with one button on the TL I mounted the button to my clutch perch bolt for now, but when my Harris/Brembo perch comes in I need to find another location for it... Ben fitted his to the switch gear, I may go that route

All in all, if I had the money lying around again for another TL, I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat It really cleans up the look of the cockpit- Makes my 2012 look like a 2012 I was torn between this one and the HM Dash, but I'm glad I picked this one

Posi-Taps made the install and troubleshooting a dream- I knew after calibrating the dash on my rear stand it would throw a check engine light due to the TCS... I took my windscreen off, plugged in my OEM dash, got rid of error code 69, unplugged and re-installed the windscreen. Done.

Yes, the dash makes me feel like I'm Jame Bond


Thanks Uncle P!

WERA #21 | INSTAGRAM @igoldeneye21


My 2015 R1M Racebike Build


View my MOD ADDICTED 2012 R1 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40
Being a biker is not a welfare sport.
iGoldeneye is offline  
post #258 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 05:57 AM
Love that Crossplane...
 
Ironhorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Altus, Ok
Posts: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGoldeneye View Post
First impressions? Well, today I rode for the first time and I love it. Display is big, easy to read, and very informative. My temp sensor was putting out some weird numbers until the bike heated and cooled a few times; now it shows 205F when the fans kick on, which the fans are set to at 205 so I'm good there. I may need to re-calibrate to get my speed perfect... I know my commute is exactly 40.1 miles A to B, and this dash clocked about 44.9 miles, so I know there is some tweaking to be had there... I'm guessing it's displaying a faster speed than I am actually going It takes a second for the dash to figure out which gear I'm in sometimes, which is funny- Pull the clutch in and it doesn't know wtf is going on; assumes I'm in 2nd

This thing is built solid BTW, it's not plastic, it has an aluminum case.

The fuel trip counter is pretty cool... You basically program how many miles you can get to the tank and it will display the low fuel light when there are 30 miles remaining. I guess this resolves fuel light issues we were trying to figure out in older threads... You'd be surprised how much you can program with one button on the TL I mounted the button to my clutch perch bolt for now, but when my Harris/Brembo perch comes in I need to find another location for it... Ben fitted his to the switch gear, I may go that route

All in all, if I had the money lying around again for another TL, I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat It really cleans up the look of the cockpit- Makes my 2012 look like a 2012 I was torn between this one and the HM Dash, but I'm glad I picked this one

Posi-Taps made the install and troubleshooting a dream- I knew after calibrating the dash on my rear stand it would throw a check engine light due to the TCS... I took my windscreen off, plugged in my OEM dash, got rid of error code 69, unplugged and re-installed the windscreen. Done.

Yes, the dash makes me feel like I'm Jame Bond
Hey brotha, stoked you got this thing all setup and are happy with it. Question for you regarding the TC, does the dash incorporate the system into the display somehow so you can see where it currently is set at?


Thanks Petrol Spice


"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell

2012 R1 WGP 50th Anniversary #1277 Build Click here...
Ironhorz is offline  
post #259 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
 
iGoldeneye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 2,491
My Top-of-the-Line Casey Stoners' finally came in





Alpinestars Supertech R Boots



Full inner bootey



Another step closer to my quest of having the best riding gear available


Thanks Uncle P!

WERA #21 | INSTAGRAM @igoldeneye21


My 2015 R1M Racebike Build


View my MOD ADDICTED 2012 R1 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40
Being a biker is not a welfare sport.
iGoldeneye is offline  
post #260 of 805 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
 
iGoldeneye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorz View Post
Hey brotha, stoked you got this thing all setup and are happy with it. Question for you regarding the TC, does the dash incorporate the system into the display somehow so you can see where it currently is set at?
The TL isn't able to display TCS and Throttle Mode info, but since my ECU is reflashed, my bike starts in A mode automagically, and by default the ECU remembers the last TCS setting you were in... I can always hook up the OEM ECU to get specifics if I am unsure, or to clear any codes like I did yesterday. I may route the OEM dash connector so that I'm able to hook up the OEM dash without taking off the windscreen


Thanks Uncle P!

WERA #21 | INSTAGRAM @igoldeneye21


My 2015 R1M Racebike Build


View my MOD ADDICTED 2012 R1 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40
Being a biker is not a welfare sport.
iGoldeneye is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome