Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2013 Graves Motorsports "LINK" Exhaust System

31K views 201 replies 58 participants last post by  AHB537 
#1 ·
I'm starting to get some more production images and being able to put a little more information out there about the new "LINK" exhaust systems we will be offering at Graves Motorsports soon...

Here's a couple shots of the carbon / carbon setup... Side and back..

LINK = It's about the evolution of the exhaust and the way it's "upgrade able" from just a slip-on > addition of Y pipe > then addition of a header at a later time (yes we will have headers available to upgrade to).

Edit: The side shot shows the silver colored sound reducing inserts... 88db at idle and 99.5 at 5000 rpm > These will be available and sold separately. The second shot from the back is without inserts 91db at idle and 103.5db at 5000 rpm

COMING SOON... Enjoy and thanks for the business.. www.gravesport.com

-Shane

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Did a quick insert in blue to the first post. I had the DB ratings with and without the silver inserts shown in the first picture..

#6 ·
Thanks for the #'s and clarification.

How hard are the inserts to install/remove? How are they held in there?

Once of the race tracks here tests the exhaust at tech, and it needs to be under 98db at 5000rpm (but this was on my old 600, it failed, lol! Not sure if there's a different limit for a 1000) :(

They place the microphone 1m behind the motorcycle at a 45 degree angle.

-Jamie M.

#7 ·
This is all the pre pro stuff... I'll do a complete video and install on my bike when it comes in... The baffles are easy to remove / install..

Those are the test results Chuck sent over for DB...

#10 · (Edited)
I really was planning on buying the ti low mount exhaust. How will this new system compare with the low mount. I'm already GTG on the looks part but I want weight savings and the sound. HP mostly can be mapped out. Please help me with this because if its worth waiting for I'll wait for it. Also any chance it'll come out just as a f/s? LMK I'm very eager to purchase Graves. Thanks.

#18 ·
Power and weight will be similar to what is on our current systems. You can go to this link http://www.gravesport.com/R1-2009-2010.html and review the full undertail and full low mount configurations along with power charts and weight comparisons..

Thanks for the business.

#19 ·
Have patients .... We don't just toss crap out on the market to put something out there.. It'll be worth the wait..

:1pok:

:gengar:

#32 ·
I'll see what I have or can scrape up... Our production staff is balls to the wall working on production pieces..

#33 ·
Shane, I think there's some confusion from people. Will this only be fore 09+ R1's? Or, will there also be older models fitted?

#35 ·
It will release on the "2013" first.. Other will follow.. I'm just putting this stuff out there so everyone can see what's going on at our facility..

Big advantages to developing race exhausts on race bikes :fact WIN / WIN and FULL of WIN...

There will be plenty of news and new stuff over the next few months.. STAY TUNED

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.