Help Please: 12 R1 BAZZAZ USB quick shifter install? - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via AIM to iMa Boss
Question Help Please: 12 R1 BAZZAZ USB quick shifter install?

i purchased the unit and am trying to install it on my 2012 R1 but the instructions it came with are horrible and very hard to make out the picture as far as wire colors, etc. has anyone ever installed this specific quickshifter unit ? and can give me a walk through or DIY or any kind of assistance on how to install this thing... i been at it for 2 hours and feel stupified cause i just cant find the right plugs ... if anyone has the 11-12 R1 they would know the harnesses are duplicated for different parts of the bike and its hard to make out which one is which.

any help is appreciated..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Faster than you think you are.

2 hours eh? you got time to post up on a forum but can't find time call the people that made it?

BazzazTech Support

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblestrip View Post
2 hours eh? you got time to post up on a forum but can't find time call the people that made it?

BazzazTech Support

that was the first thing i did... i didnt mean literally 2 hours but deff at least a hour and got nowhere.. they told me their instructions are exactly what i see on mine. so that wasnt much help at all. i was hoping someone here had a better idea and experience with this then a piece of paper.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Faster than you think you are.

OK apologies for sounding cross. Too bad Bazz couldnt help, seems I talked to Dante and he had a clue on mine, but diff model than your bike, so I cant give any insight
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Yea it was hard cause I wasn't actually doing it as I called... I called in hope of them having more detailed pictures for me, and better instructions cause every plug has 2 others that look just like the other...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode