Slotted airbox cover - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
You don't impress me.

Slotted airbox cover

Does anyone have one on their R1? I've got the crossplane and was thinking of getting the cf version, what are your thoughts? I've actually heard they suck... And yes, I'm searching the site for more info...

THEOS DRACONIS
Nobody said life was easy. Dig your claws into the bedrock, turn against the hurricane and STAND.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 06:40 PM
ROWDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphexus View Post
Does anyone have one on their R1? I've got the crossplane and was thinking of getting the cf version, what are your thoughts? I've actually heard they suck... And yes, I'm searching the site for more info...
Not seen any on the 09+ but they look fcuking awesome on the 06's If you can get one that fits right.

ROWDY
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 07:29 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
Not seen any on the 09+ but they look fcuking awesome on the 06's If you can get one that fits right.
Look closer...lol

It's not to the same quality as the Akrapovic cover I had before but it's not bad. The fitment is really tight so I'm going to do a little grinding and then have it all painted pearl white to match the tank except for the top center strip which will remain carbon for an accent.

Sig courtesy of Petrol Spice
RIP SPC Daniel Drevnick, SPC James Wertish, SPC Carlos Wilcox 34th MP CO, 34th ID KIA 16JUL09
RIP Pierre "DieYoung69" You will be missed 9JUN77 to 4NOV10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Radley View Post
The full factory backed superbike r1's don't make 200bhp so its not happening here. 180 is pretty good, 185+ is exceptional. All this talk of 200+ is just horseshit

Last edited by burn-z; 11-19-2012 at 07:32 PM.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 08:44 PM
ROWDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn-z View Post
Look closer...lol

It's not to the same quality as the Akrapovic cover I had before but it's not bad. The fitment is really tight so I'm going to do a little grinding and then have it all painted pearl white to match the tank except for the top center strip which will remain carbon for an accent.
Looks good BZ !Still not use to the new livery! What brand is that cover? LOCO?

ROWDY
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 08:49 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
Looks good BZ !Still not use to the new livery! What brand is that cover? LOCO?
Is Loco the crazy Mexican version?

Mine is from Laco-moto in Portugal.

RIP SPC Daniel Drevnick, SPC James Wertish, SPC Carlos Wilcox 34th MP CO, 34th ID KIA 16JUL09
Quote:
The full factory backed superbike r1's don't make 200bhp so its not happening here. 180 is pretty good, 185+ is exceptional. All this talk of 200+ is just horseshit
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
You don't impress me.

Quote:
Is Loco the crazy Mexican version?

Mine is from Laco-moto in Portugal.
Good to go. Coming from you, I'll definitely think more seriously about getting my hands on it. Oh yeah, I figure a while, but about how long did it take yours to get home?

THEOS DRACONIS
Nobody said life was easy. Dig your claws into the bedrock, turn against the hurricane and STAND.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 10:23 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphexus View Post
Good to go. Coming from you, I'll definitely think more seriously about getting my hands on it. Oh yeah, I figure a while, but about how long did it take yours to get home?
About a month. Don't be in a hurry, Just order it and forget about it. That way it will be a surprise. I got the airbox cover along with the rear hugger but I wanted mine in plain weave to match the swinger cover. I had the first swinger cover shipped to the US in Jan '11 a month after they started offering them. I waited over ten weeks for one back then.

Quote:
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 11:06 PM
09 R1 Raven

I have the same Lacomoto one in twill...like burn-z said, it fits very tight. Ordered it with the Lacomoto swingarm cover and hugger....got to me in about a month.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
You don't impress me.

Quote:
About a month. Don't be in a hurry, Just order it and forget about it. That way it will be a surprise. I got the airbox cover along with the rear hugger but I wanted mine in plain weave to match the swinger cover. I had the first swinger cover shipped to the US in Jan '11 a month after they started offering them. I waited over ten weeks for one back then.
Thanks, bro. I'm asking for that for christmas... guess I better forget about getting it on time...

THEOS DRACONIS
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 03:34 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Why not give this ago?

http://www.flamingocorse.it/prod.php?idp=1048

I have one on mine which I had colour matched up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00018.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	477265   Click image for larger version

Name:	rf1.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	477266  

Dave B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode