Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Slider Thread... With a Twist

679 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  NoExpert 
#1 ·
Cheers guys, I know this topic has been gone through a million times and I really think I went over all the threads that relate to this subject. However I have a question that were never asked.

I am eyeing a Puig Pro frame sliders (the big chunky expensive gray ones) cause they match my gray/gold 2014 R1.
However I am noticing that most guys here do prefer the ones that stick out directly out of the fairing/engine mount that require modification to the fairing instead on an L shaped frame slider (is that what they are called)

Are these kind of sliders really offer more protection to the frame / bike than the other one that has sort of an L shape mount?

If so, which brand you would prefer?

Any advise will be much appreciated :icon_biggrin:

#3 ·
I have the Puig Pro sliders on my 09, they look good and are solid. hey don't stick out that far but the aim is to protect the frame not the fairings so I am happy with them.

Not many bikes with them on here so a nice point of difference too.

Luckily I have not dropped the bike so I can't say how effective they are.

here are a couple of pics with them on.

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
The Puig pro look awesome in my honest opinion, very nice looking bike and hope you will never use them to judge on their quality!! I've seen the Puig R12 also (Attached thumbnail) still hesitating tho, they're not as attractive as other cut sliders.

In all cases I think imma go with cut sliders... I've watched a comparison video on youtube and it makes more sense to have the cut version. Impact distribution will almost surely break your no cuts sliders or at least bend it.

I will also go for a full set, Frame, Clutch, Front axle, Rear axle. bar ends... I am a little paranoid I know lol... But it's for the sake of better distribution I guess.

Okay so, ideas on FULL SET frame sliders? Really leaning for Motovation although they're darn expensive and will cost A LOT for a full set

By the way any ideas what is the inner bar diameter measurements on a 14B :icon_question:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.