Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Banky's 2013 R1 Build Thread

42K views 339 replies 29 participants last post by  APO2112 
#1 · (Edited)
Banky's Build Thread (Birth of Trash Panda)

I keep getting told to do a build thread for my bike, even though I don't really feel its anything out of the ordinary. So here we go!

Brand new, on my way home with only 20 miles on the dash, and mother nature calls.......:icon_eek:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Put a few bits on her:
Q3's
90 degree valve stems
Tinted Corsa Winscreen
Driven Fuel Cap
Driven Preload adjusters
Tail Tidy kit
Flush mount turns
Led rear light
Storm Grips
Woodcraft case savers
GB Clutch Cover
Rad Guard
Rear res delete
A&R race baffles
M4 Y-pipe
SBU flash
Airbox mod
AIS block offs
Graves Carbon heat shield (was a gift!)

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
Then things got slightly more.... Serious (pricey)

New Versah pads
Brembo RCS 19 (managed to keep my stock clipons)
Brembo matching clutch lever
Frentubo Carbon lines
Some Tygon tubing
Cabs AutoBlipper
-1 +1
Another Flash by SBU

Attachments

#6 ·
And then the MADNESS began!

Attachments

#7 · (Edited)
Got Carbonin Avio Fiber Bodywork from Mark @HustleHardracing.com

Carbonin Avio Fiber BodyWork

Got it to me in 4 days over 4th of july weekend!!!! :boobies
Made me a great deal on a Cabon Fiber fender, and 2 winscreens, which are very....VERY flexible.

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)
I have very limited experience with racing bodywork so I can't "review" it but it all went together like it should and some of it was a little tough to get on but the bike is MUCH smaller now IMO, the side pannels HUG all the wiring and ecu bracket and all the fuses on the other side, but I didn't have to modify ANYTHING on the bike, I will do a little trimming here and there when I get the time, but none of it is urgent.

Last thing I am waiting on is the new Matte Grey tank, should be here Monday.

Attachments

#10 ·
Wow I saw 8 post and thought you had some traffic...

#12 ·
It'll get there. People are too gaga over the 15/16 bikes to care about ours.

Reactions: Banky and Daves14R1
#13 · (Edited)
Finally got around to putting the new Tank on, I LOVE the matte grey color! And it wont be so easy to scratch LOL

Swapped over the grippers, the side panels and the Fuel cap + Base.

Now to get the fork and rear shock situated......

Attachments

#17 ·
Going to paint the fenders?
I will paint the fairings but prob not the fender, its CF and pretty.....

I will get everything together and do a trackday or two, then when I am sure I don't need to do anymore trimming or whatever I will have our paint guy at work do them for me.

Hell, I thought about sticker bombing this whole bike!

Attachments

#15 ·
#19 ·
Looking good...got some nice stuff going on there. Might want to look at some Dzus fasteners for the bodywork just to make it easier to work with.

And if you want to keep the kick stand (does kinda come in handy sometimes) you could always trim the belly pan. That's what I did with my Armour Bodies kit.

Thanks man, I'm over here just trying to live the dream!
I have a spare fastener kit on the way.... They are 1/4 turn fasteners but they don't have the hand key, which i like....... Live and learn.

I probably won't mod the bellypan for the kickstand at this point, I plan on getting my race license this fall or next spring so I can't have it on anyways.....

#16 ·
Those tires are going to be fine for your next trackday. I'd get another rear and mount it on your spare rim for a two day event. This way no worries for the second day, just swap and go. Q3's are fine for one day from what I've seen, just give them a solid lap or two before pushing into the corners.

#18 ·
Those tires are going to be fine for your next trackday. I'd get another rear and mount it on your spare rim for a two day event.
Yeah..... about that......

My current rear has a nice "street" spot aka flat spot on it.... I probably need two rears if I go that route. But without warmers its prob still my best option.

#23 · (Edited)
Well......... I just threw up in my mouth a little...... :puke:

Brandon @HustleHardracing.com made me an offer I just couldn't refuse.... >:)

Ohlins TTX25mm Gas Charged Fork Cartridge kit, at a HEAVILY discounted price....... My forks will be in the mail before friday to have them installed. :icon_eek:

I texted Mark @HustleHardracing.com last night, yes..... texted him, when I found out online that they only had 1 more set for the 09-14 R1's and told him to please hold them for me because I couldn't see the price being cheaper anywhere else.... I literally couldn't finish my dinner.... I felt sick to my stomach..... and i started sweating..... :eek5:

I talked with some buddies and decided that when I start racing I'd like to do it in the SuperStock class so that I can sort of afford all the mods that are allowed :33:

I don't see myself wanting to race in Superbike when I don't want to spend 3k on wheels and another 3-4k on the motor plus boltons.....

Anyways I hope to keep ya'll filled in on what else I will try to do, I plan on still doing a TTX rear shock, Graves linkage with adjustable Link Rod, a tune with SBU, Ceramic Wheel bearings and a few other nick nacks.

Stay tuned :fork

P.S. thanks to @APO2112 for the advice last night and our pal Nate for always being Nate LOL (Nates not on the Forum)
Thanks to Mark and Brandon, they are very quickly earning ALL of my money for just being kicka$$ dudes

#27 ·
WERA SuperStock rules don't allow for aftermarket MC. The clutch lever is a matching Brembo so it's just a simple way to get back to stock parts.

My advice @Banky is to invest in some quality levers like ASV. The stock MC is radial so the power will be close to the Brembo, feel won't be that great. Nothing a riding style change can't solve!

#36 ·
Use imgur.com and post them using the "direct link" option from imgur. Works great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.