Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toce Exhaust?

25K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  K1ngy 
#1 ·
So, I'm curious, why exactly is there so much dislike in this community with TOCE exhaust. I personally find their look very appealing. Why is this exactly??

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Ok I have it on my 2004 R1 sounds great. But noticed it seems to really only sound good when it is the quad tips on a 1000 typically rest sound shitty especially singles. A few doubles sound good. But sound can be a personal preference. The ones without baffles almost sound like a 98-02 LS-1 with corsa/borla. Almost but it will damage your bike Toce said. But every 600 or single barrel sucks.

#6 ·
I'm ok with the sound but as something marketed for performance my understanding is that there's no benefit to power. I think some have even said they lost power. There are also pics of the exhaust where the fit and finish were crap... quad pipes weren't parallel, slash cuts were uneven, etc.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Ohhh yeah that would make things bad in a hurry. I've always seen good pictures I guess. I did power and performance training for my degree and yeah you put on certain exhausts/intakes you lose power. I remember doing a 5.0 GTO every exhaust we put on compared to stock we lost HP on the dyno, the only one we gained was a 1500$ titanium system... Not worth the 5hp gain lol. We put on cold air intakes, larger throttle bodies, all lost HP. Was a pretty big wake up call that just because it sounds or looks awesome doesn't mean it adds performance like they say. Most of the time the restriction is tuning and intake/exhaust valve size and designs not restricted exhaust or intakes.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I heard various reports on performance regarding little to none with baffles and no power commander. They look nicer. I think many of the ones not fitting well maybe in installation or bent parts from being laid down in past where factory and other exhausts wouldn't be as noticeable. With Toce it draws your attention and if it is off you will catch it. In fact I noticed my left was off slightly still is a tad. Bit then I realized it was slightly loose. My factory was off too but couldn't notice. Now mine is new to me by a month but is a 2004. Certainly if the mounts are not right it will look off. As described above. With these you need to be perfect or it will show and in some cases drastic. Complaints I typically seen complaints on sound and being annoying CBR 600 as may 600's holds true. Seems slightly heavier than factory but I can drop a duece to fix that. Performance may be true. But most won't/don't hit track and half the not hitting track guys won't push 100 so minor details. If your not hitting track or strip than most performance seems really pointless except to say you have it and dyno slips on Instagram. So for me a good sound I can run from and looks works. A lot of exhaust sound like a John Deere with no exhaust. **** that! Will stay exhaust. But to some that is like (insert female celeb) saying I want you now.

#14 ·
I dont mind the look ofthe four exit pipes as i have the laser x treme system

It definately sounds different to a two pipe system , but is going to look a little bulkier , and if i get bored i could always play a few hymns [emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

#16 ·
No they dont, you can buy them and they fit at the beginning of the tail cans , its not a loud system at normal speeds, but it does increase once the exup valve open , they are also euro stamped which is handy , the outer cans hage diff lengths and bores which prob add to the different sound ,and very well made

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.