Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Best 15 race bodywork?

9K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  SBK Unlimited 
#1 ·
Bought an R1 without any fairings. What do folks use? Sharkskinz, hotbodies, Armour bodies, etc? Anything foreign?

I want a one piece superbike tail that can fit an aftermarket aluminum subframe. And something that covers the sides as well (my bike doesn't have the side pieces from the street fairings).

Any suggestions? Thanks all!

#6 ·
We use SharkSkinz on ours! Perfect fit/quality and have been crash tested.. (we approve!) We have not seen any bodywork on the market that can match the quality of these pieces.

We have the option to purchase the full set or just the individual pieces you need at a great price. We're even offering a little discount AND FREE domestic shipping for now on all bodywork pieces purchased off of our website.

#7 · (Edited)
TSTagent why does your tail section look different than the Westby tail? Specifically the vertical section at the back of the seat area. It looks like either side of your tail is closed off while the Westby tail has open sections similar to the stock tail. I have sharkskins as well and my tail looks like the Westby tail... did Sharkskins make a new version of their tail?

And thanks for the pics... looks awesome!

#8 ·
For the tail section, we actually went with a somewhat custom set-up just to suit our needs and looks better. It's still open like the OEM fairings but comes off in separate pieces. That allowed us to paint the pieces exactly how we wanted without needing to modify the SharkSkinz tail section.

#13 ·
We sell a lot of them and still recommend and use Lacomoto. They've made a lot of changes based on user feedback to improve the bodywork, especially after Meen Motorsports started using their kit on Josh Herrin's R1 - he was able to really help evolve the kit. Our team uses it as well. Best bang for the buck, I feel. It's also fully inclusive of hardware, etc and very easy to install.

Lacomoto 2015-16 Yamaha YZF-R1 Race Bodywork Kit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.