Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Gonna change the look. Radically.

4K views 40 replies 12 participants last post by  Jim_Joe_Bob 
#1 ·
So guys, I had a company paint me a set of fairings. I haven't received the kit yet but it's on it's way and ought to be here next week or so. I can't wait to throw these on the bike, I'm hoping it'll be kickass since I rarely ever see a white bike here. Also, I'll let you guys know how the fairings fit. I'm gonna update this thread once I get them with pics. I have pics currently but they used their company paper on it so it looks like a huge advertisement so I won't use those.

#6 ·
Doing all the work will be a project but definitely rewarding at the end when you can admire what you've done.

I'm thinking of buying a 2nd set of fairing also to change the look when I feel like something different. I love many of the white bikes on the forum too! Enjoy!!!

Oh you're absolutely right. I love the stock blue, I'm gonna keep my OEM's put away for the day I convert back.
I haven't received the kit yet, shipping is slow due to Christmas I'm sure. However once the kit comes in I'll let y'all know how it works like how easy it fits. Biggest worry right there.

#5 ·
I'm thinking of buying a 2nd set of fairing also to change the look when I feel like something different. I love many of the white bikes on the forum too! Enjoy!!!

The one in my picture, Just solid blue.
You can never go wrong with the stock blue, I may be a little bias, LOL.

My winter project is re-painting my entire 09. Doing 100% of the work myself. Really excited to get it going! Cant wait to see what you've done!
Look forward to seeing your work!

#7 ·
Bear with me gentlemen Chicago's import customs office isn't being nice right now. Apparently out of country packages at this time of year is heresy

#9 ·
Guys, quick update the fairings came in today. Off the top of my head the box is huge, wrapping was solid, none were damaged although the right side belly fairing had maybe a 1 cm long split that isn't all the way through, it's in a spot only I'll see but sad still. Paint quality is good there's only once spot with bubbles and very little running. Only running I seen was front tire hugger. Clear coat all over. I don't have pics yet but will provide once I'm back from the gym. Overall right now they're okay. You can definitely tell they're a hurry up type of job though.

#10 ·
Any orange peel on the clear coat? I'll check back later tonight! Super interested.

I got my exhaust wrap and yoshi cans all black now. Painting some other minor parts black and I should be set to get started on mine! Currently waiting on a full face respirator.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#15 ·
I picked up a few pieces and they all looked pretty smooth. Either there isn't any or if there is it's minimal enough that I can't see it through the white.

#23 ·
So good news, the flushmounts and taillight came in today. 3 days before they were expected so this weekend I'll likely have her all white. Minus the tank. That one will take awhile sadly.

#26 ·
Naw I'm gonna keep black on the wheels and put white decals in em cause I'm cool like that, although I ran into a snag a moment ago which will hold me up till I get a part in. The guy who put on the pos taillight that was on it bastardized the hell outta the wiring. To the point I couldn't use it for my new one once I pried the taillight from it's cold dead paws. So the tail is just gonna wait and sit apart like it is till I get in a replacement harness which I've already got on order. However I might change the front end before that gets in. Stay Tuned!

Reactions: RichRaven05
#35 ·
I do plan to get levers, dunno if I'll ever find white ones. Heck yea man start a thread! Also a update, I'm going in to the paint shop with the tank I bought tomorrow to get her paint matched!

#36 ·
#40 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.