Lightweight wheels - Page 2 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:11 PM
Hustle_trees

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrob691 View Post
Hook a brother up with some secrets. I got a 401 I dump a lot into. Tax deferred. A rental property but we cap the deduction at the 11,600 with my wife and I working. Last year I had 14k in out of pocket medical and the irs let me write off about 5k of it. So last year was a big refund and we got 2k back. We pay in about 25k During the year. Most years I get 1,000 federal but Nm is a high state so I owe Nm 899. I see maybe 20$ after turbotax fees.
have you considered rolling your 401k into a roth ira ? not sure if its employer based 401k, you are capped on contribution with an Ira however, but if you split the 401k into new roths would it equal what you contribute into your 401k because roth is 5600 per year, your running a big risk on paying your taxes at retirement when that time comes due to the instability of our econmic 20 years from now, who knows what taxes would be. As for your rental property you should consult a CPA and question them on starting an LLC property management company and make your rental the sole business under the LLC ( if its paid off ) you will have that as earned income under the llc pay your taxes and claim everything else that is " business expense " and further more if you have very good equity in the rental take an equity loan and buy another one preferably fannie mae HUD so you are always getting your rent because it comes from the GOV. you sound like you may have a lot of options and your may be hurting yourself using turbo tax, you should really seek a CPA that will " ride the fence of legality " for you and your family.

Don't Let Your Tongue Be Your Worst Enemy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:16 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie De Name View Post
have you considered rolling your 401k into a roth ira ? not sure if its employer based 401k, you are capped on contribution with an Ira however, but if you split the 401k into new roths would it equal what you contribute into your 401k because roth is 5600 per year, your running a big risk on paying your taxes at retirement when that time comes due to the instability of our econmic 20 years from now, who knows what taxes would be. As for your rental property you should consult a CPA and question them on starting an LLC property management company and make your rental the sole business under the LLC ( if its paid off ) you will have that as earned income under the llc pay your taxes and claim everything else that is " business expense " and further more if you have very good equity in the rental take an equity loan and buy another one preferably fannie mae HUD so you are always getting your rent because it comes from the GOV. you sound like you may have a lot of options and your may be hurting yourself using turbo tax, you should really seek a CPA that will " ride the fence of legality " for you and your family.
Unfortunately it's an employer based 401. They just started offering a Roth about 5 years ago. I've got between 5.5 and 12.5 years till I retire.

On the rental I wish it were paid for. It was a work move, then I transferred so I've only had it about 1.5 years.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Hustle_trees

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrob691 View Post
Unfortunately it's an employer based 401. They just started offering a Roth about 5 years ago. I've got between 5.5 and 12.5 years till I retire.

On the rental I wish it were paid for. It was a work move, then I transferred so I've only had it about 1.5 years.
you have more option to make money on the 401k, and i understand your point on the rental, hopefully you are charging enough to cover mortgage and keep the rest in escorow account and never touch it. patience with rentals leads to long term income when taxes are paid and mortgage paid off, good will power to not spend any money earned from a rental for atleast ten years, and always remember its a rental now its a business for you run it like a business, not trying to lecture, i love seeing people do good and i wish you the best of luck.
fastrob691 likes this.

Don't Let Your Tongue Be Your Worst Enemy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 06:31 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie De Name View Post
you have more option to make money on the 401k, and i understand your point on the rental, hopefully you are charging enough to cover mortgage and keep the rest in escorow account and never touch it. patience with rentals leads to long term income when taxes are paid and mortgage paid off, good will power to not spend any money earned from a rental for atleast ten years, and always remember its a rental now its a business for you run it like a business, not trying to lecture, i love seeing people do good and i wish you the best of luck.
Appreciate it, I'm always open to advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode