Lightweight wheels - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Ride Alive

Lightweight wheels

So, a question for the forum. What's your guys opinion on lightweight wheel options? Such as the Carrozzeria or Marchesini wheels? To be specific my bike is an 05. I know, think me crazy to dump alotta money in her but she's my favorite lookin R1.
fastrob691 likes this.

Bikes owned
06 R6 Raven - sold.
05 R1 Yamaha Blue.

Offroaders
99CR250R - Long gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:27 AM
I eat my R1

If you can afford it, do it, best mod you can make by far, I'm partial to Marchesini as I know the quality.
Freddie De Name likes this.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Ride Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrob691 View Post
If you can afford it, do it, best mod you can make by far, I'm partial to Marchesini as I know the quality.
I definitely plan to drop money this tax season into her, such as full Arrow exhaust, the BPP superleggra sprockets I bought into, getting a 520 chain, and PCV w/Autotuner. So what can I expect to see these wheels help performance wise? These are just things I've yet to buy minus the sprockets, I also already have other things on the bike.

Bikes owned
06 R6 Raven - sold.
05 R1 Yamaha Blue.

Offroaders
99CR250R - Long gone.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:44 AM
The Doctor's Assistant

I love every person out there who has stuck with his R1 and hasn't jumped ship to the newest platform as tempting as it may be. So yes, if you love her go for it. I have a 14B and plan on modding the hell out of it until it becomes the best it can be.

Aftermarket wheels are usually the best bang for the buck mod as you improve every aspect of the bike, i.e. lighter wheels means the bike will handle better, accelerate faster, brake better and of course look better. I think the best bet is the Marchesini Genesi (7 spoke) or Kompe (10 spokes), I think the Genesi is lighter though. OZ is another great option.
fastrob691 likes this.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Ride Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masao Furusawa View Post
I love every person out there who has stuck with his R1 and hasn't jumped ship to the newest platform as tempting as it may be. So yes, if you love her go for it. I have a 14B and plan on modding the hell out of it until it becomes the best it can be.

Aftermarket wheels are usually the best bang for the buck mod as you improve every aspect of the bike, i.e. lighter wheels means the bike will handle better, accelerate faster, brake better and of course look better. I think the best bet is the Marchesini Genesi (7 spoke) or Kompe (10 spokes), I think the Genesi is lighter though. OZ is another great option.
I love mine without a doubt and I'll keep her running as long as I can. Replacing engines and all lol I'd ride it till I wreck it or I just can't fix it.

Bikes owned
06 R6 Raven - sold.
05 R1 Yamaha Blue.

Offroaders
99CR250R - Long gone.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:08 PM
The law is grey

As much as I tell my son stop wasteing money on old pieces of shit (he wants to "upgrade" his Honda (2005) I like to see people make bikes there own. Even if it doesn't make any fiscal sense.

2015- Yamaha R1- Red/White
2016- Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS- Blue/Black
2016- ZX10R KRT ABS- Green/Black
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Ride Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obijack View Post
As much as I tell my son stop wasteing money on old pieces of shit (he wants to "upgrade" his Honda (2005) I like to see people make bikes there own. Even if it doesn't make any fiscal sense.
Eh it works. Mine R1 is a 05 but she's in real hot condition.

Bikes owned
06 R6 Raven - sold.
05 R1 Yamaha Blue.

Offroaders
99CR250R - Long gone.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Hustle_trees

Garage
marchesini genesi, i love them they are great wheels and damn durable, def felt a difference when they were put on, as much as i love them unfortunately things are gonna be changing with the bike and they are for sale !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3678.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	409.6 KB
ID:	910241   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4043 (1).jpg
Views:	30
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	910249   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4038.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	383.1 KB
ID:	910257   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4039.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	305.3 KB
ID:	910265  

Don't Let Your Tongue Be Your Worst Enemy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:14 PM
Hope is what makes us Human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Joe_Bob View Post
I definitely plan to drop money this tax season into her, such as full Arrow exhaust, the BPP superleggra sprockets I bought into, getting a 520 chain, and PCV w/Autotuner. So what can I expect to see these wheels help performance wise? These are just things I've yet to buy minus the sprockets, I also already have other things on the bike.
I really don't understand how do you get monies when u file ur taxes...Every year, either i put in or get nothing

anyhoooo...
carbon fiber :
fastrob691 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
“Not every legend is a myth, some are flesh and blood. Some legends walk among us, but they aren’t born, they’re built. Legends are made from iron & sweat, mind and muscle, blood and vision and victory. Legends are champions, they grow, they win, they conquer"
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:18 PM
I eat my R1

how much weight do you drop? comparing these wheels to stock 2010 r1 wheels?

First Bike - 2012 300 Ninja ABS SOLD
Now - 2010 R1
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:22 PM
Hustle_trees

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz23 View Post
how much weight do you drop? comparing these wheels to stock 2010 r1 wheels?
marches ini claims from 15-33 percent decrease...i replaced rotors all around also with brake tech full floating rotors in the front and MMR in the rear

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Ride Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie De Name View Post
marchesini genesi, i love them they are great wheels and damn durable, def felt a difference when they were put on, as much as i love them unfortunately things are gonna be changing with the bike and they are for sale !
For sale you say...

Bikes owned
06 R6 Raven - sold.
05 R1 Yamaha Blue.

Offroaders
99CR250R - Long gone.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Hustle_trees

Garage
Quote:
For sale you say...

correct, however i am not 100 percent sure if fitment issue with your bike, my bike is 2013 R1 also they are gloss black with matte grey powder coated lip, willing to sell sep or with rotor front a rear package as well as rear sitta sprocket. if interested lmk and we can call and see if fitment will be an issue as I'm not positive of the change from years

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Ride Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie De Name View Post
correct, however i am not 100 percent sure if fitment issue with your bike, my bike is 2013 R1 also they are gloss black with matte grey powder coated lip, willing to sell sep or with rotor front a rear package as well as rear sitta sprocket. if interested lmk and we can call and see if fitment will be an issue as I'm not positive of the change from years
Unfortunately only the plankers are compatible with other plankers. 09 and down are compatible with wheels. I just looked on their website.

Bikes owned
06 R6 Raven - sold.
05 R1 Yamaha Blue.

Offroaders
99CR250R - Long gone.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Ride Alive

Wait. That doesn't make sense.

Bikes owned
06 R6 Raven - sold.
05 R1 Yamaha Blue.

Offroaders
99CR250R - Long gone.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 06:38 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benocehcap View Post
I really don't understand how do you get monies when u file ur taxes...Every year, either i put in or get nothing

anyhoooo...
carbon fiber :

Kids bro, my buds with kids get $$ back, I pay a ton, but my wife and I do ok, and we get nada back. and I've got some legit write offs too. It's criminal.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Ride Alive

Quote:
Kids bro, my buds with kids get $$ back, I pay a ton, but my wife and I do ok, and we get nada back. and I've got some legit write offs too. It's criminal.
I ain't got any kids man, still get hella monies.

Bikes owned
06 R6 Raven - sold.
05 R1 Yamaha Blue.

Offroaders
99CR250R - Long gone.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 04:46 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
I ain't got any kids man, still get hella monies.
Hook a brother up with some secrets. I got a 401 I dump a lot into. Tax deferred. A rental property but we cap the deduction at the 11,600 with my wife and I working. Last year I had 14k in out of pocket medical and the irs let me write off about 5k of it. So last year was a big refund and we got 2k back. We pay in about 25k During the year. Most years I get 1,000 federal but Nm is a high state so I owe Nm 899. I see maybe 20$ after turbotax fees.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Ride Alive

Quote:
Hook a brother up with some secrets. I got a 401 I dump a lot into. Tax deferred. A rental property but we cap the deduction at the 11,600 with my wife and I working. Last year I had 14k in out of pocket medical and the irs let me write off about 5k of it. So last year was a big refund and we got 2k back. We pay in about 25k During the year. Most years I get 1,000 federal but Nm is a high state so I owe Nm 899. I see maybe 20$ after turbotax fees.
Damn son that's some serious right off. But I guess it's more due to me not having alot. Young married guy in the military. I don't pay state tax (gotta love Kentucky), so far I always get back what I pay in. Dunno how, just fill in the blocks and wait. My wife doesn't work so maybe that helps as I claim her for dependa. Plus my taxable salary for the year is less than 30K, the rest of my allotments are non-taxable.

Bikes owned
06 R6 Raven - sold.
05 R1 Yamaha Blue.

Offroaders
99CR250R - Long gone.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:01 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Damn son that's some serious right off. But I guess it's more due to me not having alot. Young married guy in the military. I don't pay state tax (gotta love Kentucky), so far I always get back what I pay in. Dunno how, just fill in the blocks and wait. My wife doesn't work so maybe that helps as I claim her for dependa. Plus my taxable salary for the year is less than 30K, the rest of my allotments are non-taxable.
There you go. When I was in the army I'd get the earned income credit as my housing/food wasn't taxable. I'd get a good chunk back. My wife and I both work. Have about 25 years fed time now with my army.

Once you hit the real world bro and start paying health insurance, into your own pension/401 the deductions are criminal. I'm not complaining I just didn't realize how good I had it in the army till I realized what the outside was like. I lose about 45% of my check before it hits the bank. No joke at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode