Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

M4 Full vs Arrow Full vs Graves Full Exhaust systems

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  RichRaven05 
#1 ·
(05 Bike) So, story goes I was recommended the Arrow system from someone on here, which I considered it greatly as I like the conical cans. However Arrow doesn't Offer carbon fibre which I like. Now here's the problem, Arrow doesn't have a prefitted O2 bung. Now to Graves. Love the way it looks, obviously the most pricey but mostly Ti and has carbon fibre cans also prefitted O2 bung. Now M4, they offer full carbon cans which I like, Ti Y-pipe, not sure if headers are Ti and unknown if they have a predone O2 bung. Anyone can offer bits on the sounds of these full systems and performances?

#2 ·
yeh sorry i figured those would be show stoppers for yah. year of bike and what was popular / available at the time really. and yes the o2 bung is an add-on.

those details would not kill it for me for your model R1 BUT i've got stock 02 bung & carbon fiber cans with my full race combo so sue me :hammer:

between m4 & Graves, graves all day long even if i didnt like the cans for those year R1.. assuming you're still
talking the old school design as i dont know if the link system works in 05 R1 :dunno

Reactions: ncn
#3 ·
My feeble young mind was corrupted by the temptations of the world, however I do like the idea of an autotuner which is why I'd really like the Graves. The design I'm talkin is the Oval exhaust system.

#7 ·
I LOVE Akra's slipons but I can't find anywhere that still sells their headers. They've been discontinued. I can find their midpipe and slipon for my year just no headers :(

Reactions: bacchus40
#10 ·

I've got a full M4 system w/ PCV and I love it (05 Raven). Nice deep throaty growl. I especially love the popping when coming off of the throttle from about 7K and up. I can get a sound clip if interested, of course nothing does it the justice of hearing it in person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.