Domino XM2 Throttle > Motion Pro Rev2 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

12Likes
  • 2 Post By One2
  • 1 Post By One2
  • 1 Post By One2
  • 1 Post By R1@150@alltimes
  • 2 Post By One2
  • 1 Post By Hooli
  • 1 Post By One2
  • 1 Post By One2
  • 1 Post By APO2112
  • 1 Post By One2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
Chillin'

Garage
Domino XM2 Throttle > Motion Pro Rev2

By far.

The throttle felt sloppy with the Rev and the dust cover doesn't last very long. The free play was very hard to adjust to my liking.

The Domino is much better and I'm surprised I haven't seen one on the forum yet. Worth every penny.

The Domino reel was very hard to install due to not very much slack in the cables. But that made for a very tight throttle that feels great.

There's also no need to lube the cables due to the design. The cables are inside a white teflon tube inside the back conduit.

It's a tight fit if you have an oversized plenum.

APO2112 and Hooli like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by One2; 03-19-2017 at 04:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:02 AM
I eat my R1

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by One2 View Post
By far.

The throttle felt sloppy with the Rev and the dust cover doesn't last very long. The free play was very hard to adjust to my liking.

The Domino is much better and I'm surprised I haven't seen one on the forum yet. Worth every penny.

The Domino reel was very hard to install due to not very much slack in the cables. But that made for a very tight throttle that feels great.

There's also no need to lube the cables due to the design. The cables are inside a white teflon tube inside the back conduit.

It's a tight fit if you have an oversized plenum.

Where did you get the throttle tube? Motomillion?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Chillin'

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkamp View Post
Where did you get the throttle tube? Motomillion?

I found it new on eBay for about $40 and then I found the cables for about $80.

The cables were already complete and not the universal set that you have to put together on your own.
gkamp likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Chillin'

Garage
Here's how I routed the cables on my 2009.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 03:29 PM
I eat my R1

Garage
Quote:
Here's how I routed the cables on my 2009.

But you have to get different cables for the domino throttle tube?

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Chillin'

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkamp View Post
But you have to get different cables for the domino throttle tube?

Yes. I have the cables. They are pictured above.
gkamp likes this.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:52 PM
Chef R1

Just curious, why do you prefer domino over motion pro? Was it performance or aesthetic? Bike looks great as usual bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One2 likes this.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Chillin'

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1@150@alltimes View Post
Just curious, why do you prefer domino over motion pro? Was it performance or aesthetic? Bike looks great as usual bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Motion Pro has a sloppy feel. And the free play is hard to manage. I've spoken to several people and they agree. The dust cover cracks easily also although I did manage to prolong mine with plastics treatment.

The Domino is much smoother. Feel much much better. The cables are in a teflon tube so there is no need for lube. The throttle is very tight and only moves when you want it too.

The Motion Pro would close and then continue to rotate forward after closing making the roll on not so smooth and a bit unpredictable. This is what I mean by sloppy.

Domino is a much better throttle and not just for looks. It functions a million times better than Motion Pro.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Chillin'

Garage
I contact Mani (Motomillion) in the hopes that he will start stocking it for us.
WestSide_'10R1 and Yautja like this.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:38 PM
Chef R1

Quote:
The Motion Pro has a sloppy feel. And the free play is hard to manage. I've spoken to several people and they agree. The dust cover cracks easily also although I did manage to prolong mine with plastics treatment.

The Domino is much smoother. Feel much much better. The cables are in a teflon tube so there is no need for lube. The throttle is very tight and only moves when you want it too.

The Motion Pro would close and then continue to rotate forward after closing making the roll on not so smooth and a bit unpredictable. This is what I mean by sloppy.

Domino is a much better throttle and not just for looks. It functions a million times better than Motion Pro.
Thanks for the heads up. I usually remove all the slack from my motion pro beginning of season, but i'll keep domino in mind next time. The one thing that does bother me about the motion pro is the rubber cover coming off the cables, they are cracking on both bikes. ANNOYING!!!

BTW, I found this on ebay for u.....

YAMAHA R1 14B SUPERBIKE BSB/WSBK BRACED FTR QUICK RELEASE RACE SWINGARM!TRICK!! | eBay
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Chillin'

Garage
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I usually remove all the slack from my motion pro beginning of season, but i'll keep domino in mind next time. The one thing that does bother me about the motion pro is the rubber cover coming off the cables, they are cracking on both bikes. ANNOYING!!!

YAMAHA R1 14B SUPERBIKE BSB/WSBK BRACED FTR QUICK RELEASE RACE SWINGARM!TRICK!! | eBay
Boi stop.

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 08:06 PM
Unacceptable

Quote:
I contact Mani (Motomillion) in the hopes that he will start stocking it for us.
If this happens I'll be in that buyer's line.

Quote:
Sweet baby Jesus.
gkamp likes this.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 11:07 PM
Live ur passion

But the domino throttle kit does not include throttle cable and extra reels, doesn't it ?
I'm considering the Rev2 to be installed

"The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step ..."
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Chillin'

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoPan View Post
But the domino throttle kit does not include throttle cable and extra reels, doesn't it ?
I'm considering the Rev2 to be installed
Yes. Cables and 3 reels.

You have to shop around to find them. I found mine on eBay.
KoPan likes this.

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Chillin'

Garage
Rode with this thing today for the first time.

Awesome!

Very smooth and does not fatigue the wrist like the MotionPro. Don't know if I'm crazy or not but I think the teflon liner makes a huge difference.

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 06:27 AM
Gian11

Garage
Quote:

wish I had researched on the motionpro about that rubber cover before removing my Domino. It´s really annoying.

Looks good One2. Proper GP bike look.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 09:04 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Rode with this thing today for the first time.

Awesome!

Very smooth and does not fatigue the wrist like the MotionPro. Don't know if I'm crazy or not but I think the teflon liner makes a huge difference.
How did the MP fatigue the wrist? I've ridden the exact same MotionPro for a couple years now, no issues. Also the sloppy play feeling is easily dialed out when you adjust the cables.

I use the progressive reel btw. It's 1/4 turn overal but starts softer than stock and then around 40% it ramps up to a maximum aggressive ratio. Pretty nice actually.

Nothing against the Domino, I'm just trying to see what the problems are with the Motion Pro....

YouTube Channel

Grateful for the assistance and support of my family and friends. But sometimes the line is blurred: meet Banky
My friend and sponsor.

Track Ambassador

Sponsored Rider

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Chillin'

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by APO2112 View Post
How did the MP fatigue the wrist? I've ridden the exact same MotionPro for a couple years now, no issues. Also the sloppy play feeling is easily dialed out when you adjust the cables.

I use the progressive reel btw. It's 1/4 turn overal but starts softer than stock and then around 40% it ramps up to a maximum aggressive ratio. Pretty nice actually.

Nothing against the Domino, I'm just trying to see what the problems are with the Motion Pro....
Motion Pro has inconsistencies with the Rev2.

I've spoken with a couple of members here who have experienced issues. 2 memebers here who track together have the same Motion Pro (I think both Rev2) installed on their bikes. 1 of them has the sloppy free play that's hard to dial in and the other's Rev2 operates just fine.

Another separate member has had the same issues also.

Me, I can't remove a lot of free play with the Rev2 without making the return very very resistant. Also, when I completely close the throttle, I can literally rotate the throttle beyond its stopping point making the throttle roll on unpredictable. I got use to it for a long time and then got tired of it.

Hopefully these members will chime in and share their experience.
APO2112 likes this.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 10:56 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Motion Pro has inconsistencies with the Rev2.

I've spoken with a couple of members here who have experienced issues. 2 memebers here who track together have the same Motion Pro (I think both Rev2) installed on their bikes. 1 of them has the sloppy free play that's hard to dial in and the other's Rev2 operates just fine.

Another separate member has had the same issues also.

Me, I can't remove a lot of free play with the Rev2 without making the return very very resistant. Also, when I completely close the throttle, I can literally rotate the throttle beyond its stopping point making the throttle roll on unpredictable. I got use to it for a long time and then got tired of it.

Hopefully these members will chime in and share their experience.
I just realized...I have the "Rev1" lol or whatever it's called. Resume normal broadcast
One2 likes this.

YouTube Channel

Grateful for the assistance and support of my family and friends. But sometimes the line is blurred: meet Banky
My friend and sponsor.

Track Ambassador

Sponsored Rider

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Chillin'

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by APO2112 View Post
I just realized...I have the "Rev1" lol or whatever it's called. Resume normal broadcast
APO2112 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode