Best halo lights 14' R1 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Garage
Best halo lights 14' R1

Does anyone have any experience with Halo/Demon eyes? What would the best brand be for a 2014 R1? I'm debating doing the demon eyes, I have a red R1 but I might just buy the entire assembly itself....idk...input?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Garage
@One2 any input?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 03:57 PM
Chillin'

Garage
None. Nothing. Naw.

Not my style.

Take it to the track.

Brakes, suspension, wheels.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 04:06 PM
I eat my R1

Spend the money on some flush mount turn signals...
novusB likes this.

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExpert View Post
Spend the money on some flush mount turn signals...
I already have em on, haven't taken pics with them on yet lol.

Ordered my CustomLED Integrated brake light with blaster-x programming switch, ordered the CustomLED relay replacement, ordered a comp werkes fender eliminator, I have flush mount dark smoke signals in front, gonna be doing a zero grav double bubble up front. I have a CRG RC2 shorty clutch lever, gonna be doing an RC2 shorty brake lever as well.

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by One2 View Post
None. Nothing. Naw.

Not my style.

Take it to the track.

Brakes, suspension, wheels.
BRUH lol. You're killin me with track talk xD maybe one day I'll grow up to be a man and hit the track, until then I'll keep squidding it up on the e-way lmao
gkamp likes this.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 04:47 PM
I eat my R1

Seriously, don't waste money on angel eyes or demon eyes.

How about a seat cowl, do you have a seat cowl?

How about some decent stands?

From a few months ago, changed a few more things since then (yes, the garage was a bit of a mess)

One2 likes this.

Last edited by NoExpert; 04-19-2017 at 04:50 PM.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Garage
Quote:
Seriously, don't waste money on angel eyes or demon eyes.

How about a seat cowl, do you have a seat cowl?

How about some decent stands?

From a few months ago, changed a few more things since then (yes, the garage was a bit of a mess)

I don't really need/want a cowl, I usually have a passenger when I ride lol. I have a rear stand for now, going to be purchasing a pit bull front stand. I'll take a pic of my bike after I put the upgrades on it.

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Garage
For anyone interested - I've found a company that will install them.

Scotidi Lighting - Custom Headlight Projector Retrofits

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 09:19 PM
I eat my R1

Just say no!

Frame sliders, I'm sure you need some good frame sliders.

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Garage
Quote:
Just say no!

Frame sliders, I'm sure you need some good frame sliders.
Haha, for under 500 I can get RGB color changing angel eyes & HIDs that are plug & play on a toggle switch, I'm definitely doing it lol. I'll be getting frame sliders next before I get the lights though

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 05:39 AM
I eat my R1

$500?!?!?! With the exception of the HID's, you know you can only see that stuff when the bike/headlights are off, right?

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 06:40 AM
My R1 beats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novusB View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Halo/Demon eyes? What would the best brand be for a 2014 R1? I'm debating doing the demon eyes, I have a red R1 but I might just buy the entire assembly itself....idk...input?
This forum cracks me up sometimes.

What are your thoughts guys on demon lights, halos and angel eyes?

DON'T DO IT!

Why?

Because we said so, buy exhausts, buy cowls, buy tracks items!

Anyhow....here is my opinion on after market headlights or headlights mods. I have Angel & Demon eyes projectors retrofitted on my 02.

In theory, the product looks great but as NoExpert mentioned, you will see those only when the headlights are off, which involves the installation of an extra switch to turn the low beams on and off and I am not a fan of any type of non stock switch drilled in the fairings or in the bars. And if you go with the low beams always on to avoid the switch, the demon eyes won't be visible as they turn off when low beams are on.

The angel eyes in white are super bright. Day time, you can barely see the demon eye and night time, the white angel eyes are so bright that they overcome the demon eyes. And to be honest, unless I am at a stop and want to show the bike, I rather have my low beams on, which again, switches off the demon eye and render the angel eyes totally uniform with the low beams.

That was for the aesthetic part.

Now you gotta know that even if they use LEDs, that's a lot of LEDs which draw quite some current, meaning if you have a problem with your bike and have to crank it over and over again, your battery will die quicker (unless you have a switch that would totally disable the headlights).

About the quality now. I don't know whether those guys use OEM headlights or Chinese headlights to do their mods since they sell the assembly, but to do so, they have to separate the lens from the housing and even if it is an OEM headlight, gotta make sure the final product is sealed tight (water & humidity ) and believe me, if you need to change a ring, halo or angel eye, that's gonna be some sport.

LEDs, rings or halo WILL go out! Believe me. No it is up to you to make sure that the look upgrade is worth the headache in case of trouble!

I had done it, I love it.

Good luck bro!
gkamp likes this.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 02:23 PM
I eat my R1

Well, finally someone with sense and reason joins the discussion.

I did halos and a HID conversion on my '14 R6, in the end, not sure it was worth all the effort, then crashed the bike like a week after finalizing it all.

I guess if you don't mind your bike sitting with the engine off and a bunch of lights on draining the battery, it's pretty cool. I realized I never did that, so the halo part was pointless. I also know the stock projectors aren't made for HID's and throw out a lot of glare, something else I don't appreciate and can't imagine many others do when driving. So just slapping an HID kit in the bike is a no go for me.

However if you're dead set on it, go for it, lord knows I've wasted more money on less.

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 02:27 PM
Chillin'

Garage
He should really buy those wheels if he wants to impress people and improve performance. Best of both worlds.

The best mod you can do for the 09-14.

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 02:37 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
He should really buy those wheels if he wants to impress people and improve performance. Best of both worlds.

Shhhh, I'm still thinking of snagging them when I'm in Europe next month. Have to decide if it's worth the cost of adding a checked bag on the way back and making a quick trip to Finland to snag them.

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 02:38 PM
Chillin'

Garage
Quote:
Shhhh, I'm still thinking of snagging them when I'm in Europe next month. Have to decide if it's worth the cost of adding a checked bag on the way back and making a quick trip to Finland to snag them.
Your bike will feel completely different.

Quick flick left and right.

And the gold will look great on your red bike.

I'm putting ceramic bearings in my eventually.

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 03:09 PM
I eat my R1

Garage
Quote:
Your bike will feel completely different.

Quick flick left and right.

And the gold will look great on your red bike.

I'm putting ceramic bearings in my eventually.
Wait you said quick flick, what wheels and how much 😁

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3T using Tapatalk
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Garage
Quote:
$500?!?!?! With the exception of the HID's, you know you can only see that stuff when the bike/headlights are off, right?
Yes, I'll be installing a switch to disable my low beams as well as a tail light/license plate light kill switch.

Quote:

I'm not doing anything to impress anyone other than myself. I'm absolutely in love with them and just wanted an opinion lol.

Quote:
Go for it man, I honestly could get -100 shits about rims lol.

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 06:28 PM
I eat my R1

These would be pretty cool, too.

One2 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode