Toce Y-Pipe Purchase - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Garage
Toce Y-Pipe Purchase

I just wanted to share my experience buying exhaust parts from TOCE. I bought a used Y Pipe from eBay. It was missing the header adapter pipe. I emailed TOCE to see if they can sell me a replacement. They don't usually sell their exhaust parts in pieces so they had to check for me.

They emailed me back with a price so, I called them to finish the order. The Customer service was amazing. They had to make a custom quote for me because the parts are not in their database.

I was telling her how disappointed I was that my friend had a great integrated light kit on his 2006 R1 but, they don't have one for the 2007-2008. The rep put me on hold on so she could check something out. She found a discontinued one that has been sitting around the shop and sold it to me for a great price!!!!!! I am very happy with my experience with TOCE and I am excited that I have a rare discontinued part for my bike!! I wanted to give the CS lady a shoutout but I forgot her name.

I'll take pics once everything is installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One2, KoPan and gkamp like this.

"Don't let the fear keep you away from your Destiny" - unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:52 AM
I eat my R1

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4GP View Post
I just wanted to share my experience buying exhaust parts from TOCE. I bought a used Y Pipe from eBay. It was missing the header adapter pipe. I emailed TOCE to see if they can sell me a replacement. They don't usually sell their exhaust parts in pieces so they had to check for me.

They emailed me back with a price so, I called them to finish the order. The Customer service was amazing. They had to make a custom quote for me because the parts are not in their database.

I was telling her how disappointed I was that my friend had a great integrated light kit on his 2006 R1 but, they don't have one for the 2007-2008. The rep put me on hold on so she could check something out. She found a discontinued one that has been sitting around the shop and sold it to me for a great price!!!!!! I am very happy with my experience with TOCE and I am excited that I have a rare discontinued part for my bike!! I wanted to give the CS lady a shoutout but I forgot her name.

Answered my question from the other post, sweet!

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3T using Tapatalk
Just4GP likes this.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:03 PM
Chillin'

Garage
@Just4GP

Are you going to the Dyno Shootout at RevTek this coming Sunday?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:

If you really want to make her day, write an email to the company saying what you put here, thanking her for going above and beyond. Include an order number if you can so they can track it back to her. Often times CS will get negative experiences reported to their managers, but it's rare to have someone contact again when they had an excellent service. The managers and the employees both really appreciate it.
emilson likes this.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by One2 View Post
@Just4GP

Are you going to the Dyno Shootout at RevTek this coming Sunday?

I think I will check it out. I was planning on going there if TOCE didn't sell that part for the exhaust.

post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 295566 View Post
If you really want to make her day, write an email to the company saying what you put here, thanking her for going above and beyond. Include an order number if you can so they can track it back to her. Often times CS will get negative experiences reported to their managers, but it's rare to have someone contact again when they had an excellent service. The managers and the employees both really appreciate it.

I will do that. I was very satisfied with the service.

post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:51 PM

I love hearing great things like that. I read a lot of controversy over the Toce pipes. I personally love the look and sound. I debaffled mine.
Just4GP likes this.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 03:05 PM
I eat my R1

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by s20121221e View Post
I love hearing great things like that. I read a lot of controversy over the Toce pipes. I personally love the look and sound. I debaffled mine.
What year? And does it sound as sexy as on all the videos?

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3T using Tapatalk
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I will take pictures and video once the TOCE slipons and Y pipe come in. I have a lot of stuff to install now haha.

gkamp likes this.

post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by s20121221e View Post

Yeah, there are a lot of bad CS experiences that happen. The good ones need recognition too.

I also love the look of this exhaust. It seems like this design gets a lot of hate. It sounds great in most applications too. I think I have only seen one set up online that didn't sound great.

post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:19 PM
Live ur passion

Are you planning to get it tuned on the dyno? Just curious to see the change in power with TOCE pipes coz I'm also waiting for my package to arrive.
s20121221e likes this.

"The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step ..."
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:22 PM
I eat my R1

the last dyno print out i saw with the toce pipes were a drop in power

First Bike - 2012 300 Ninja ABS SOLD
Now - 2010 R1
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoPan View Post
Are you planning to get it tuned on the dyno? Just curious to see the change in power with TOCE pipes coz I'm also waiting for my package to arrive.

I don't have plans to Dyno tune or flash tune it right now. I purchased it for the looks and the improved exhaust note. Also, I'm on Oahu and I don't use the full power of the R1 at all. I don't have plans to track the bike...for now.

I am installing a Power Commander V with the Y pipe and slipons.

post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz23 View Post
the last dyno print out i saw with the toce pipes were a drop in power

I have not seen a Dyno sheet but, I have heard/read the same. Do you know if it was a 3/4 exhaust or if it just the TOCE slipons?

post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 01:39 AM
"What"

Garage
I've never been a fan of the look but it's definitely better than stock. I can find hundreds of integrated tail lights for every R1 year,not sure why'd you think it's "rare".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sig By Petrol Spice.
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai. View Post
I've never been a fan of the look but it's definitely better than stock. I can find hundreds of integrated tail lights for every R1 year,not sure why'd you think it's "rare".
It is rare because TOCE only sold "their" integrated tail lights for a short time. They do not make it anymore so, it is rare from that manufacturer. The significance to me....comes from the fact that "Natalia" went out her way to assist me when she did not have to. I did not say it was a rare custom part.

SN: I remembered her name!!! and I am happy with all the parts I bought for my R1. Its dope!!

post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
It is rare because TOCE only sold "their" integrated tail lights for a short time. They do not make it anymore so, it is rare from that manufacturer. The significance to me....comes from the fact that "Natalia" went out her way to assist me when she did not have to. I did not say it was a rare custom part.

SN: I remembered her name!!! and I am happy with all the parts I bought for my R1. Its dope!!
TOCE only sold the 2007-2008 tail light for a short while.

post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 03:15 AM
R1, "A Superior Addiction"

Quote:

Post up some pics of your bike at different angles when you get a chance, I'd like to see it.
Just4GP likes this.

Lucky 13 Squadron

post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 04:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclepsycho7 View Post
Post up some pics of your bike at different angles when you get a chance, I'd like to see it.
Sure, I am installing everything after the exhaust comes in. I will take pics once I install everything I have. I still have a wish list though...haha.

I have the following for the bike:

ISO Grips, Shorty Levers, PC V, TOCE Y pipe, integrated Taillight and ram mount.

My shopping list: light set. blue upper mid fairing, blue reflective wheel tape, LED headlight conversion, flush mount turn signals, smoke double bubble screen.

Wishlist: Blue Powder coated Marchesini wheels, Vortex rear sets, ECU tune

Sn: the avatar pic is my bike motivation.
cyclepsycho7 and s20121221e like this.

post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Maybe a blue crash cage.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode