Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1st post, quick question

872 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Shifu 
#1 ·
Great site, smart people. I purchased a 2000 that I'm restoring to new (My hobby) I've installed a new clutch but when I tighten almost all the bolts on the clutch cover the clutch shift fork gets stuck. It doesnt spring back when moved by hand. It seems by tightening all the bolts is moves the case use enough to cause a problem. After playing with it for hours I gotten it so that it springs back just fine...if I don't tightening the top bolt. Should I just leave it alone. It will be another month before I get it to the point of starting. Note" It did start before I took it apart (and purchased it) but honestly for $650 (and with a bad chain) I just paid the guy and unloaded it (he delivered it)it was unsafe to ride. I was able to purchase just about every single thing needed to make it look new for less then $1000.00 (14k miles) Thanks in advance for any help

#4 ·
Thanks yep everything is center correctly. And I believe the marks are correct A new thing I just saw...I can see a very small dent in the clutch cover. That could be just enough to throw things off.....I'm expecting all the $650 problems to start showing up LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.