Lean pilot jet? - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
00-01 R1 Mechanical Help Mechanical and Critical Issues for the 00-01 R1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R1
Lean pilot jet?

I have a 2001 r1 w/ a full d&d exhaust and I think it is a little lean at low throttle. When I take off, the engine just doesnt seem to pull like it should untill I get past 1/4 throttle. also if i under rev it it doesnt seem to recover untill I get past 1/4 throttle. it has the stock 15 pilot jets, can I richen this by turning the air screws?(or is it a fuel screw on these) If so what way do i turn them?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Part of the problem is the full exhaust, you took out the EXUP valve which is what is needed for low RPM power. It's in need of some good tuning. A number 17 pilot and 132.5 main might be a good start. I would call Ivans for his neddle.

The mixture screw is for fuel. start with it about 3 turns out. Turning in is lean out is rich. Also drop a tooth on the front to help recover from low end bog.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R1
Thanks for the info r1slapper. Other than ivans, is there anywhere i can just buy 4 size 17 pilot jets?
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode