Throttle cable install - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
04-06 R1 Mechanical Help Mechanical and Critical Issues for the 04-06 R1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
THE SLOPPY ONE

Throttle cable install

I have searched and didn't really come up with anything helpful. I am in the process of replacing my throttle cables on an '05. On the motor side, I cqan get the top cable on, the pull side I believe. Now tonight I will attempt to get the bottom cable on, the return?

Are there any tricks/tips to get that bottom one onto the pulley without taking off the pulley? I looked at it real quick, and it doesn't even seem like you can see the hole that the cable attaches into.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Race baffled stock cans/ BMC race filter/ Gutted cat/ PCIII USB/ Ohlins Damper/ Zero Gravity smoke windscreen/ Greggs custom fairing plugs/ Clear Alternatives tail intergrator/ Windshield and Bar end spikes/ F6R sliders/ Pazzo shorties/ painted rearsets

He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man. - Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
THE SLOPPY ONE

OK, I decided to pull the pulley off and got the two cables attached. Are there any tricks to getting the return spring wound twice around the bushing? Someone said wire but I couldn't get that to work. Any ideas? Someone must have some input on this. Thanks.

Race baffled stock cans/ BMC race filter/ Gutted cat/ PCIII USB/ Ohlins Damper/ Zero Gravity smoke windscreen/ Greggs custom fairing plugs/ Clear Alternatives tail intergrator/ Windshield and Bar end spikes/ F6R sliders/ Pazzo shorties/ painted rearsets

He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man. - Hunter S. Thompson
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 11:48 AM
burnin' up the streets

remove the throttle bodies, get the cables set up & then reinstall the t-bodies making sure to route the cables properly to the clip on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcaztls View Post
I just want to stroke it all the time. (For you BSR )
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
THE SLOPPY ONE

Thanks, I ended up using a piece of wire to pull the return spring. The thing that took forever wa sthat I read on here that you had to wrap the spring around the bushing twice. Well, after an hour of work and the wire breaking and me punching myself in the nose, I realised that there is no possible way to rap the spring twice. It must have only reversed on turn and got caught.

Anyway, it's back on and working just fine.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 01:37 PM
burnin' up the streets

sorry for the slow response, glad it turned out OK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcaztls View Post
I just want to stroke it all the time. (For you BSR )
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
THE SLOPPY ONE

Thanks man.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode