fuel pump - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
04-06 R1 Mechanical Help Mechanical and Critical Issues for the 04-06 R1

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 20
fuel pump

i have a fuel pump off a 07 r1 i think and i have an 02 r1 motor in my project its not in a street bike i have a return line on the throttle bodies but no return on the fuel pump. I'm running a plastic composite fuel tank from a raptor 700 tav which runs a very similar fuel pump but it swell has no return lines should i drill into the tank and make a return line entry or theres a spot on the 06 fuel pump off the r1 that is recessed in the top thats like a octagon shape can that be modified to accept a line

Last edited by gforce15; 01-25-2012 at 07:13 AM.
gforce15 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 06:18 PM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Hope, PA
Posts: 553
Figure out a way to get that resolved?
jmdarville is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 20
well i think im going to drill and tap a fitting into the top like to make it like an 02-03 pump
gforce15 is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 06:33 AM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Hope, PA
Posts: 553
I've never seen a fuel pump from 02-03. I'm curious to see how this turns out for you.
jmdarville is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 07:39 AM
Ride It Like You Stole It!
 
markosaspiotis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Corfu/Greece
Posts: 138
i have a 07 fuel pump on my 06 r1!!! the 06 throttle bodies have the return line but the 07 fuel pump has no return line entry... but it's easy to do.... i have just closed the return line from the throttle bodies by putting a 8mm screw in it... and it works perfect


R1 2006 (SBK project)
markosaspiotis is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 03:05 PM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Hope, PA
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by markosaspiotis View Post
i have a 07 fuel pump on my 06 r1!!! the 06 throttle bodies have the return line but the 07 fuel pump has no return line entry... but it's easy to do.... i have just closed the return line from the throttle bodies by putting a 8mm screw in it... and it works perfect
Why did you swap them?
jmdarville is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 20
well i had the o7 fuel pump for awhile from another r1 motor i had and i did not have one for my 03 motor that i put into an atv chasis. the 03 run the return line so i just modidefied the 07 to accept a return line. then i ran into a problem were an atv tank the fuel pump sits on top of the tank so unless the tank is filled to the top it wont suck fuel so i modified the fuel pump again and made it suck from the bottom of the pump and it turned out well
gforce15 is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 12:02 AM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Hope, PA
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by gforce15 View Post
well i had the o7 fuel pump for awhile from another r1 motor i had and i did not have one for my 03 motor that i put into an atv chasis. the 03 run the return line so i just modidefied the 07 to accept a return line. then i ran into a problem were an atv tank the fuel pump sits on top of the tank so unless the tank is filled to the top it wont suck fuel so i modified the fuel pump again and made it suck from the bottom of the pump and it turned out well
Gotcha. That's a smart idea.

How's that quad running? I used to live out in Arizona and went into southern California often. Out there at Glamis used to see quads with R1, ZX14, and Hayabusa motors. They were just sick on the hill climb and just overall running around.
jmdarville is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 01:10 AM
Ride It Like You Stole It!
 
markosaspiotis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Corfu/Greece
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdarville View Post
Why did you swap them?
i had a problem with my fuel pump and i had to change it!!! but i didnt found nowhere any 06 fuel pump!!! thats why i tried the 07


R1 2006 (SBK project)
markosaspiotis is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdarville View Post
Gotcha. That's a smart idea.

How's that quad running? I used to live out in Arizona and went into southern California often. Out there at Glamis used to see quads with R1, ZX14, and Hayabusa motors. They were just sick on the hill climb and just overall running around.
well i have not got to ride it yet im finishing it up now i need to order some rear sprokets and that will all its to cold around here right now to ride if only i could find away to make this street legal
i also have a 08 zx 14 im going to be putting into something either a rhino or another atv frame i get bored so i start building stuff
gforce15 is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 09:16 PM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Hope, PA
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by markosaspiotis View Post
i had a problem with my fuel pump and i had to change it!!! but i didnt found nowhere any 06 fuel pump!!! thats why i tried the 07
Some parts are very hard to find it seems. Especially if you have one available then cool idea to mod it.
jmdarville is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 09:18 PM
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Hope, PA
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by gforce15 View Post
well i have not got to ride it yet im finishing it up now i need to order some rear sprokets and that will all its to cold around here right now to ride if only i could find away to make this street legal
i also have a 08 zx 14 im going to be putting into something either a rhino or another atv frame i get bored so i start building stuff
I live in pa and I saw an R6 turned into a quad. Really cool but can't register.

Only way those Can Ams are street legal is because they have 3 wheels. 4 would classify them as atvs and they aren't street legal in most states.
jmdarville is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: 04-06 R1 Damaged Blue Fuel Tank & Fuel Pump - $100 Shipped stuntsteel Bike Parts For Sale 9 01-21-2011 07:45 AM
mystery fuel or timing issue...possible fuel pump failure? uponone19 02-03 R1 Mechanical Help 10 10-25-2010 04:42 AM
FS: '04-'06 R1 OEM Fuel Tank, Fuel Pump & StompGrip - Lowered Prices BIFFERONE Bikes For Sale 19 06-04-2008 05:11 AM
Fuel Cell and Fuel Pump questions jstecher Mechanical / Help 3 11-08-2006 07:21 AM
FS: 2004 - 05 R1 ++ Fuel PUMP and Fuel CAP Assembly ++ PICS ++ R6wrxdude Bikes For Sale 0 06-08-2006 01:37 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome