Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

help please, 2005 wont start after spark plug change

4K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  ozone125 
#1 ·
just changed the spark plugs in my 2005 r1, cranks over but wont start. anyone no where to start to solve this problem

#7 ·
Have you checked the plug to verify it is getting spark?

My guess is a connection issue. If it ran before and all you did was change the spark plugs then something is probably disconnected.

Tip over sensor perhaps?
What all did you remove to change the plugs?
Did you remove the tank/airbox to change the plugs?

#9 ·
Check your connections under the tank. Do you run a power commander?

Check to see if you have spark at the spark plugs. If you do not have spark on any of them then you probably have a wire disconnected somewhere. My guess would be your power commander plugs or tip over sensor plug.

#11 ·
Pull a plug out. Put it in the boot. Hold the plug end against any metal part of the engine. Try to start. You should see a spark.If you do not see a spark then you more than likely have a bad connection somewhere. I highly doubt all 4 plugs are defective or that all of your coils went out at the exact same time.

Check the power commander connections under the tank first. Make sure they are fully connected, the PC3 ground is still intact and the extra grey wire if you have it.

Check all of your fuses before you do anything. Might be something very simple.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.