Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2004 R1 Engine In ATV Frame? Need advice...

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Dvxr1 
#1 ·
Hey all im new here and need some advice. I picked up a arctic cat dvx 400 that has a 2004 r1 engine packed in it. Original builder/owner used it for ice racing. But the kid i got it off had to pull the motor. So he had it all back together when i picked it up but we couldnt get it to start. It fired a couple times with carb cleaner in the airbox so i took it home and searched and played a little and i still cant fire it up i dont think im getting fuel.So my question is what sensors will cut fuel? And could anyone tell me what color the kill switch wires are. It is not there so the wires must be taped off. I need the kill switch to use diagnostic mode and reset the fault codes to see what im throwing now. Theres about ten stored now but no telling how old they are Any help would be appreciated also if someone will tell me how to put pics up i will haha

#3 ·
Theres two? Im gonna have to go check that out. Is there any special way to prime the fuel systek or just cycle the pump? And on the injector rail on the left side there is a hose( looks like fuel line) that was disconnected and there is a nipple on top of his homemade gas tank so i assumed it was like a positive pressure line to the tank of some sort. Or does excess fuel in the rail return to the tank?

#4 ·
Also i forgot to mention that the kid turned it over for a good amount of time over and over yesterday and smoked the selonoid.... So will the bike still fire up if the solonoid is jumped? I also thought the angle sensor was a relay yesterday and had it on its side. It wasnt tied down yet. So i thought it was the culprit as sure enough it was reading 3.8 in diagnostic mode. But even with it level and reading normal it still wont fire. Im racking my brain on this one i havent worked on many fi bike engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.