Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

clutch replacement question

691 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  NoExpert 
#1 ·
I had my clutches, basket, boss, pressure plate all replaced with OE stuff. Used a break in oil for the 1st 300 miles then went to synthetic. All OEM stuff. The clutch are is adjusted correctly too. My question is, is it normal for a slight delay in clutch release when cold on the new clutches. 2 sometimes 3 seconds (lower RPM) then all is good when hot. Some say this is normal. If it is how long does it usually last.

thanks.
PS.
I'm paranoid cause when I had my clutches replaced at the dealer prior to this they messed the clutch rod adjustment and it burned my new clutched. I had gone back to them several times and they blew me off. Come to find out later all the tech, foreman and service manager were fired for shitty work. I had to buy everything again including a new boss cause they over tightened it so much the tool broke off 7 ears when we tried to remove the nut.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.