Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

07 r1 shut off while riding?

5K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Doppler 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. Got me a pretty good problem.maybe someone here can point me into the right direction.

I have a 07 r1, a while ago I got code 19 I believe, bad neutral switch. It left me stranded at 3am on the darkest road leading to my house. I installed the new neutral switch . Was going find but the other day my r1 died on me while on a backroad,then on the highway. If I pull the clutch in. And then give her some gas everything is find and back to riding. Today it happend again. And it worries me to ride a bike that has a problem like this.
I don't know where to start looking?

Any ideas from yall?

#2 ·
If it works when you pull the clutch in I would think maybe the clutch switch?

Does it just shut off like hitting the kill switch or does it bog down and sputter out?

If you have a recent known issue like the neutral switch you need to look at that as well. Might not have been a bad switch. Might have been a wire grounding out or something and you are still having the same issue.

#9 · (Edited)
It is a relay that the neutral switch, side stand switch and clutch switch all feed into. It's what allows the bike to start when those switches are in certain configurations, eg, you can start it when its in gear but only when the clutch is disengaged, or, kills it when you engage a gear with the stand down.

Might not be the problem but that's where I'd start looking if you feel its connected to your neutral switch issue.

#11 ·
No worries at all mate, you got to keep an open mind when trouble shooting. Hope you get it sorted quick.
Like I said, if you think its related to the other issue with the neutral switch that's where I'd start before checking other things like power commander, rectifier, damaged harness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.