Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Big end bearings for carrillo conrods?

6K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  yamaharandy 
#1 ·
Hello guys. I have a 2008 R1 and recently I bought a set of carrillo rods. Now I am having a major problem on how to choose the right bearing colour! Here's what I have found from the service manual and the rod specifications. Can anyone help?? Thanks! :crying:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the help man. You are right this is the first time I get involved with all this bearing stuff. I get what you mean about measurments. But Yamaha doesn't give any catalogue about the bearing thicknes of any colour. So how should I know wich one to pick next if the bearings I had on the stock rods don't satisfy the clearance values? And I suppose I will keep the clearance values in the service manual right?

#6 ·
It appears you cant use the service manual way. As it only works with the stock rods.
You have to do it the traditional way. Measure the strip and choose the appropriate sized bearing. Im sure they have a size listed somewhere for the bearings instead of going by a color.

#7 ·
The best way is to buy a large selection of the bearings (a small cost relative to the price of Carrillo rods), lots of plastigauge and a sizable portion of patience.
Great move though, getting the rods. The next best move would be some Pistal pistons.
Definitely on my wish list !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.