Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FS: 2013 Aprilia RSV4 R - With Mods - 4000 Miles - $8995 - Miami, FL

3K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  jonathanr1yl 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

Mature, older rider selling immaculate, thoroughbred RSV4 R APRC ABS. No track, no falls. Only 3900 miles. I purchased her in 2015. I'm moving onto a two passenger cruiser setup.

The MIVV exhaust tone is just right, deep and race. Steel braided brake lines, Brembo calipers and more, the '13 model has improved ergonomics, engine and electronics. APRC is the full track package, with 8 on the fly traction control settings, ABS, Launch and Wheelie controls. Stock ECU provides 3 riding modes.

Showroom stock condition, with extras:
Puig light smoke windshield
MIVV Slip-on
Austin Racing folding levers
LighTech bar ends
Tidy tail and plate relocator
Carbon fiber air ducts,chain guard and passenger seat heel guards
Battery tender connection
All single seat and passenger seat hardware included.

Meticulously and recently maintained by racer Marco Martinez himself at Champion Motorcycles Inc, in Davie, FL. Motul engine oil and Engine Ice coolant. Suspension adjusted for tighter performance. Clean title, all paperwork and all keys on file.

More pictures available, or you can click here for a drop box folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yni33550r...zXwdAhGAa?dl=0

Thank you for looking,

J

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
thanks! :) So is yours...

#5 ·
Yeah, i had a yellow R1 2009, so had a yellow jacket, so i wanted another yellow bike lol. This yellow is a great tone, deep, vibrant, and the paint job is really good, better than on the r1 ;-). Blemishes just buff out to brand new. I like bright colored motorcycles, but every time i've had a red bike, it's like clockwork: tickets. On yellow ones, sounds crazy, but i've never been pulled over!!! And i ride...lol
j

#7 ·
I really loved the r1. The growl. the jumpy lower revs and surge. The eyes in the front, specific styling, looked different. I had a 999S years ago, i like different. However... and being perfectly honest here, sorry to say that the RSV 4 SMOKES the r1. i've ridden my share of bikes, and didn't think that much quicker was possible. It's just the frame, the centered weight, the V4. the r1 felt so heavy compared to the RSV4. The Ape is much more aggressive to throw into corners, more nervous, like twitchy almost. You really feel it. And there's more power, you really surge from 120 to 160mph, fast. Brakes are also day and night; steel braided lines, better calipers. Finally, when you work on the bike, the insides, plastics, paint, engine and oil sump...it's artwork. It's the most beautiful bike, and i've owned Ducatis. I had the choice of buying the new R1, the S1000RR, and i chose hand down the Aprilia. There's something about it, character. It's got a personality. Like an older Ducati. You feel the mechanics. I'm heartbroken to have to sell it. But hey, the girl has the final word here. Got to let it go.

#9 ·
Don't worry, it's not like a Ducati, as in you don't need a Ducati shop to adjust the valves etc. So a full maintenance (i do the oil and coolant) set me back $250. Yup. That's it. And it's good to go for what 12k miles? Also insurance on it compared to the japs in my PO code is easily 1/3... no brainer my friend. MAke it your next bike someday with no worries. Also, super reliable. Not a single issue. :)
Take care,
j

#10 ·
still available.

#11 ·
Price drop : $8,995

#13 ·
It's an amazing bike. I'm heartbroken to have to let her go...

#15 ·
aha! don't tempt me!!

#17 ·
still available, pending the right offer.

If you're a serious rider, do track or canyon bashing, then you know that this is the bike that you are looking for.
If you want to show off next to an MV Agusta, this is also the bike for you.
If you just want to go a little faster in a straight line, then get the BMW. ;-)

...ok, this should get the thread started lol!!!

#19 ·
still available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.