Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Show us your Chicken Strips

276K views 3K replies 241 participants last post by  Smitty965 
#1 ·
Hey guys, post pix of your chicken strips....:rock

#1,312 ·
No worries, do you know what they were when u got off track?

#1,315 ·
Sorry meant to ask what u started with.

Hm shouldn't. The RSV has wheel sensors for the TC correct?

#1,321 ·
ok this is exactly what happened. i got new tires. when i checked em they mounted em and they were at 50 psi. i asked the tire guy what pressures he said 29 rear 33 front. so i went a few pounds less on each and went out. came back in checked and the rear was 44 so i took it back down to 29. and the front was a pound or 2 high. i adjusted them back down for a few sessions and they started to stay where i wanted em.

#1,322 ·
:lol if my tire reached 44 I wouldn't be here anymore

#1,327 ·
#1,336 ·
I cant open the second image, but what pressure you running on them?

#1,338 ·
"Range" doesn't quite do it :lol

Ive had to adjust my tires by the 1/4 of psi at times

#1,341 ·
Are they on a trike ??

#1,344 ·
Easy kitties, plenty of room in the sand box to play

#1,348 ·
#1,349 ·
Front right

Front left

Rear right

Rear left

SC1 front SC2 rear.

Track temp ~140, ambient temp ~95

Really needed SC2 front and SC0 rear. Rear was skating around a lot.

Ran 31.5 hot front and 25 hot rear.

Looking at pics I think I should have bumped the front 1-2 psi I feel... it wasn't loosing grip but wear looks messy.

#1,352 ·
Track temp ~140, ambient temp ~95

Really needed SC2 front and SC0 rear. Rear was skating around a lot.

Ran 31.5 hot front and 25 hot rear.

Looking at pics I think I should have bumped the front 1-2 psi I feel... it wasn't loosing grip but wear looks messy.
Rear looks like its got a bit of fast rebound...what is this on your duke?

I didn't have much luck with tire wear in the SC tires. Mine were pretty bad. What helped a bunch after suspension was set, was I ran1 PSI higher hot than recommended. I think those are 32 and 28. I ran 33 and 29. I switched to GPAs and run 34 and 24.

What sucks the third day, The right fork started to leak. Time for a rebuild I guess. My zip tie marker was looking like I was bottoming out the suspension in front. So I am getting faster.

Dan you have a PM.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Gpa pros?

#1,350 ·
I didn't have much luck with tire wear in the SC tires. Mine were pretty bad. What helped a bunch after suspension was set, was I ran1 PSI higher hot than recommended. I think those are 32 and 28. I ran 33 and 29. I switched to GPAs and run 34 and 24.

What sucks the third day, The right fork started to leak. Time for a rebuild I guess. My zip tie marker was looking like I was bottoming out the suspension in front. So I am getting faster.

Dan you have a PM.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App