Slicks on the street - Page 2 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Tire Tech Forum Everything tire related post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 10:18 AM
If you ain't first your last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejman1000 View Post
Old thread not worth starting a new one thowe but I call pure bs on the no slick on streets thing yea I could see if your a casual rider with a few fast pace runs during your ride then theirs no point I since made the switch from Pirelli sp v2 to the sc2 slicks and I will never go back to a tire designed for street corners where the sp's where stepping out the sc2 is just planted waaaay!!! Faster corner speeds even not up to full temp the slick gives you more grip than a street tire up to temp period.only thing il agree with is does take longer to warm up and you have to keep up a fast pace so unless your willing to break a massive amount of traffic laws and risk losing your license if your the type to pull over!!! Then don't do it
I got stuck with running my bike with a set of d211 on when my truck broke down, they suck on the street, I left them at my track pressures and on a 85+ degrees F it took a lot of sketchy pushing to get them to a descent temp where they stopped sliding out of turns, after running them on the track using warmers and using them on the street without, yes there's a huge difference in performance not to mention you lose confidence wondering if it's warm enough to trust yet. To me if I'm going to fast for my q3 to hold then I'm going too fast on the street. I can easily put knees down at 100+ mph on the Q's without any issues, my roads are nice wide and open visibility for traffic, cops, ect and that is plenty fast even with miles of visibility ahead. I'll choose my Q's over race rubber on the street any day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode