Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Tire pressure?

7K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bigbanger 
#1 ·
I have always ran 32-34 up front and 38 in the rear on all my bikes. Question is with me being 335lbs should i change it up or leave it be. I know some are going to say adjust as i feel its comfortable which it seems to ride great. Just curious for my weight should it be more considering they call for 42 with 2 up riding and i know most riders arent my size.

#2 ·
Well I know a few bikes I've had have different recommend tire pressure for two up riding vs. solo riding. I would wager they base those number off 160lbs person. The average Adult American Male weighs 166 lbs. Which hasn't changed since the 1960's. So increasing it a few lbs over stock would probably help with tire life for you. Also you will need to adjust the suspension.

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/650546

#4 ·
Yeah, I think the average male weight has increased a bit since the 1960's. Actually, a bunch. :lol

#6 ·
Fast Road Tires

This is what 179bhp, 40psi and no traction control does to a Metzeler M8 in 800 miles.

Fast road riding, no standing burnouts and no track riding.

Kevin Stephenson did a good job on the engine.

Softer tires next time should last longer.

Any suggestions about a replacement?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.