Longevity of Q3 compared to Supercorsas? - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Tire Tech Forum Everything tire related post it here.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By lightsp33d
  • 1 Post By gsxcorey
  • 1 Post By One2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

Longevity of Q3 compared to Supercorsas?

Hey guys. People in my last post had me thinking about my tire purchase. I felt pretty sold on the Q3's but I've seen a lot of people say the supercorsas are pretty much king.

I don't mind spending a little bit more for some extra grip. I never ride my bike in the rain so that lack of tread doesn't bother me at all.

One thing I am concerned about is the tread life. I do about 30% side roads and 70% highway riding. A track day here and there. Almost all commuting though. I'm not a complete idiot on the public roads but I do like to push it a little when I feel it's safe.

Does anyone know how long I can expect them to last as compared to the Q3s?
marko_pn likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 09:10 PM
I love the streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsp33d View Post
Hey guys. People in my last post had me thinking about my tire purchase. I felt pretty sold on the Q3's but I've seen a lot of people say the supercorsas are pretty much king.

I don't mind spending a little bit more for some extra grip. I never ride my bike in the rain so that lack of tread doesn't bother me at all.

One thing I am concerned about is the tread life. I do about 30% side roads and 70% highway riding. A track day here and there. Almost all commuting though. I'm not a complete idiot on the public roads but I do like to push it a little when I feel it's safe.

Does anyone know how long I can expect them to last as compared to the Q3s?
With everything you just said I would have to recommend the Q3 if your not gonna push then your not gonna tell the difference between the two
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

Alright then! Thanks

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 09:19 AM
Vendor

S21 would probably last longer and right now are less expensive. I would go with the S21's to be honest.
Torn7th likes this.

Corey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 05:28 PM
you lose

Not an answer but q3 I get about 3k-3500 miles out of a set
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 07:10 AM
The Doctor's Assistant

I would definitely give the S21s a try as Corey suggested, you won't be disappointed.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 07:45 AM
R1, "A Superior Addiction"

I used the Super Corsa tires for my last two changes and my riding habits are very similar to yours. I love them and get around 4,000 + before I feel I need a change.

Edit: BTW, the grip is very good and although I don't take my bike out in bad weather I did bring it to NJ LBI shore area for a week vacation and got caught in terrible rain storms on the way home and was able to do the same speed on the GSP I normally ride in dry weather and the bike felt very planted.

Lucky 13 Squadron

Last edited by cyclepsycho7; 08-20-2016 at 07:50 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 10:07 AM
Chillin'

Garage
I'm going to say get a set of tires for street and a different set for track. Please!!!!

I found that after putting miles on tires on the street, they start to perform poorly on the track. Especially when you're really pushing it.
Khanks likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode