FS: Speedcell Supersport & Superbike Batteries With Quick Disconnect - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Bike Parts For Sale Bikes Parts for sale only. Want to sell something? Be descriptive about the Part or Parts you wish to sell and include pictures.
New members must have TWO months (60 days) prior to selling.

 38Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
SBU - For all things fast!
 
SBK Unlimited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,725
Garage
FS: Speedcell Supersport & Superbike Batteries With Quick Disconnect

We're excited to bring you Speedcell batteries for your R1, or other supersport application. These batteries are made in the USA and feature unique quick disconnect harnesses, for simplified removal or unplugging.

These batteries are trusted by many of the top teams in MotoAmerica, including but not limited to: Graves Motorsports, Westby / Yamalube, Yoshimura Suzuki and many more. Our own team has made the switch this season as well.

With proper maintenance and care your Speedcell Battery can have a shelf life of up to 10 years.

We have in stock both the 2.5AH (Amp Hour) or 5.0AH versions. We recommend the 5.0AH for 1000cc street applications, and 2.5AH may be used for 1000cc race applications, or 600cc street applications.



2.5AH Battery:




5.0AH Battery


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
along with
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lowest prices guaranteed!

2015 WERA National Superbike/CCS SE Unl GP/Unl Superbike Champions



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us!:
Facebook.com/SuperbikeUnlimited
Instagram.com/SuperbikeUnlimited
SBK Unlimited is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 08:34 AM
Scared? You SHOULD be!
 
Yautja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 128
Thumbs up

These are the best batteries for your R1, period! The folks who make them have a very deep knowledge of battery technology and understand exactly what they're actually building for their customers. No chinese crap here!

Very highly recommended!!!
SBK Unlimited and SPEEDCELL like this.

Trust unto God and He shall direct your path.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yautja is offline  
post #3 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 09:03 AM
Just happy to be here...
 
Banky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ruckersville Virginia
Posts: 1,181
Garage
@APO2112

hehehehe


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wera Provisional Novice #338
@trash_panda_338 follow me on instagram


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Rider

Banky is a proud sponsor for
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Banky is offline  
 
post #4 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 11:07 AM
Unacceptable
 
Hooli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: NorCal Bay Area
Posts: 325
Those look nuts! I'll have to look into the larger one soon.
SBK Unlimited and SPEEDCELL like this.
Hooli is offline  
post #5 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 12:47 PM
I'm the happy go lucky mod!
 
Kevap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Farmington, MI
Posts: 21,982
Garage
March of 2017, I will buy one from you.
SBK Unlimited and SPEEDCELL like this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sig pic courtesy of THE GODFATHER!

Greenstreak quote from Barber... "Woah... I have a log in my ass!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
TEAM: SO SCARED NO LEAN

Godspeed to my fallen brothers - elviswarrior, Gawarrior, Vman1300
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevap is offline  
post #6 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 07:28 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Reston, Virginia USA
Posts: 50
What has to be done to the bike's charging system to make it compliant with this battery? thank you.
Mr-Mike is offline  
post #7 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 08:04 PM
My R1 eats me.
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 23
Nothing, install,plug,play,ride is about it
SBK Unlimited and SPEEDCELL like this.
steve221 is offline  
post #8 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 08:42 PM
c(','c)
 
2muchbluE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,237
Garage
love mine so far. bike fires up like nothing now compared to the stock battery.
Promtana and SPEEDCELL like this.

Last edited by 2muchbluE; 12-15-2016 at 03:33 PM.
2muchbluE is offline  
post #9 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 05:42 AM
MonkeyMan #413
 
mjkuhno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Raleigh-Durham, NC
Posts: 157
Does the battery fit in the same spot as OEM or do you need to get 'creative' locating and secure the new battery?
Treemugger likes this.

2015 R1M - Sicilian Racing #413
FTECU, SharkSkinz, Attack Performance, Woodcraft, Austin Racing, GB Racing, Lightech, Zero Gravity
mjkuhno is offline  
post #10 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 07:30 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Reston, Virginia USA
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve221 View Post
Nothing, install,plug,play,ride is about it
I guess with the concern about using the correct charger I am wondering how or why with no problems, the bike charges this battery...
Mr-Mike is offline  
post #11 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 07:37 AM
Klaus Von Slowpoke
 
bsgesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Mike View Post
I guess with the concern about using the correct charger I am wondering how or why with no problems, the bike charges this battery...
Good point, how do you connect a charger for extended downtime?
husa likes this.

Do you have to leave so soon? I was just about to poison the tea.
bsgesch is offline  
post #12 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 07:39 AM
@justanotherr1
 
Combs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Glendale, Arizona
Posts: 101
Garage
Speedcell is life. Best of the best. No better battery on the market ;D
SPEEDCELL likes this.
Combs88 is offline  
post #13 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 07:39 AM
Chillin'
 
One2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,149
Garage
I've been wanting to switch to Speedcell for a while now especially after the new design.

I just haven't yet because the Alien Motion I have installed is still going strong with no issues and I've only charged it once just for maintenance…just because.

The 5.0 that's posted is an 8 cell. I want a 12 cell.
SPEEDCELL likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by One2; 12-15-2016 at 07:53 AM.
One2 is offline  
post #14 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 07:41 AM
Chillin'
 
One2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,149
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgesch View Post
Good point, how do you connect a charger for extended downtime?
There really is no need to trickle charge a lithium battery.

You only need to balance charge it every so often.

I've only balanced charged mine once in 4 years of ownership.

Best thing for extended downtime is to unplug it from the bike.
cartmen34 and SPEEDCELL like this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
One2 is offline  
post #15 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 07:46 AM
@justanotherr1
 
Combs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Glendale, Arizona
Posts: 101
Garage
Guys, the speedcell has a quick disconnect, there is no need to charge it. Simply unplug the battery from the blue connecter.
Combs88 is offline  
post #16 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 08:21 AM
RaceTested/Championship Proven
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 10
Hello Everyone!

We are proud to work with Superbike Unlimited and we hope everyone will see how our product is simply the best available. We are the 1st choice for Yamaha USA and have more R1 specific experience than any of our "competition". We have powered the last 7 back-to-back MotoAmerica Championship Titles for Graves and every competitive team on a R1 runs our kits.

Our Legacy power solutions are "plug n' play" by allowing our Quick Disconnect Harness (included with EVERY Speedcell battery!) to attach to your existing battery terminals/wiring.

No modification needed of existing components on motorcycle.

SBU will also be carrying our Model Specific Harnesses for the 09+, 15+ R1!

-allows accessory modules (Dynojet, Bazzaz etc.) to stay intact on the QD harness
-No need to worry about terminal positioning like other batteries
-Tool-less coupling and decoupling of the main harness
-Prevents dead shorting and arching during mating

What makes our battery the absolute best battery on the market?

WE ARE 100% VERTICALLY INTEGRATED AND MAKE EVERYTHING IN THE USA.

-30% more power output with lower cell impedance growth over time
-built using our proprietary process and Genuine Speedcell Engineered components
-In house process ensures cell consistency and lower internal resistance
-Proprietary cell inter coupling, shorter current paths and less resistance ensuring longevity and reliability under -high current demand
-ABS plastic and fire retardant foam hybrid construction
-Proprietary design to limit and or defeat thermal runaway due to hyper energization
-Structural lattice internal construction engineered for impact resistance and high vibration environments
-With proper care it can have a shelf life of up to 10 years
-IP67 rated Bayonet Style Connector
-Heavily Ruggedized panel expansion port with integrated “short proof” protection

Charging-

External charging must be done via VCVV power supply (similar to Hobby RC car chargers) otherwise the onboard charging keeps the battery topped off just fine. DO NOT USE TRADITIONAL LEAD ACID OR UNAPPROVED CHARGERS. The batteries usually do not require a charge ever as long as you remove the battery when your not using the bike for an extended period of time and bring the battery inside when its cold.

We will also be poking around here to offer any support to our customers and Authorized Dealers!
We want to change how Lithium power is percieved. The reliance of 12v electronics in modern motorsports is now everywhere; clean, strong and reliable battery signal is key and nobody understands this concept better than us.

check out our Facebook page and Follow us on Instagram: Speedcell Technologies
Speedcell Technologies
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8836.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	907690   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8852.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	907698   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8940.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	907706   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9419.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	907714   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9493.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	485.6 KB
ID:	907722  

Yautja likes this.
SPEEDCELL is offline  
post #17 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
SBU - For all things fast!
 
SBK Unlimited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,725
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by One2 View Post
I've been wanting to switch to Speedcell for a while now especially after the new design.

I just haven't yet because the Alien Motion I have installed is still going strong with no issues and I've only charged it once just for maintenance…just because.

The 5.0 that's posted is an 8 cell. I want a 12 cell.
The 12 cell is not needed for a sportbike, it was designed for large metric cruiser applications with stereos and extreme lighting, or other high-draw applications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgesch View Post
Good point, how do you connect a charger for extended downtime?
See below: These have a shelf life with a full charge of 10 years if disconnected during prolonged periods of non-use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combs88 View Post
Guys, the speedcell has a quick disconnect, there is no need to charge it. Simply unplug the battery from the blue connecter.
Correct!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
along with
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lowest prices guaranteed!

2015 WERA National Superbike/CCS SE Unl GP/Unl Superbike Champions



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us!:
Facebook.com/SuperbikeUnlimited
Instagram.com/SuperbikeUnlimited
SBK Unlimited is offline  
post #18 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 08:30 AM
Collector
 
Ronniek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,018
Very interested. How do you recommend the 8cell to be mounted in the new R1? Relocated so as not to disturb the imu? side brackets? original position with adapter frame, HD foam?

Using a superB now with 8mm bullets for disconnect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDCELL View Post
Hello Everyone!

We are proud to work with Superbike Unlimited and we hope everyone will see how our product is simply the best available. We are the 1st choice for Yamaha USA and have more R1 specific experience than any of our "competition". We have powered the last 7 back-to-back MotoAmerica Championship Titles for Graves and every competitive team on a R1 runs our kits.

Our Legacy power solutions are "plug n' play" by allowing our Quick Disconnect Harness (included with EVERY Speedcell battery!) to attach to your existing battery terminals/wiring.

No modification needed of existing components on motorcycle.

SBU will also be carrying our Model Specific Harnesses for the 09+, 15+ R1!

-allows accessory modules (Dynojet, Bazzaz etc.) to stay intact on the QD harness
-No need to worry about terminal positioning like other batteries
-Tool-less coupling and decoupling of the main harness
-Prevents dead shorting and arching during mating

What makes our battery the absolute best battery on the market?

WE ARE 100% VERTICALLY INTEGRATED AND MAKE EVERYTHING IN THE USA.

-30% more power output with lower cell impedance growth over time
-built using our proprietary process and Genuine Speedcell Engineered components
-In house process ensures cell consistency and lower internal resistance
-Proprietary cell inter coupling, shorter current paths and less resistance ensuring longevity and reliability under -high current demand
-ABS plastic and fire retardant foam hybrid construction
-Proprietary design to limit and or defeat thermal runaway due to hyper energization
-Structural lattice internal construction engineered for impact resistance and high vibration environments
-With proper care it can have a shelf life of up to 10 years
-IP67 rated Bayonet Style Connector
-Heavily Ruggedized panel expansion port with integrated “short proof” protection

Charging-

External charging must be done via VCVV power supply (similar to Hobby RC car chargers) otherwise the onboard charging keeps the battery topped off just fine. DO NOT USE TRADITIONAL LEAD ACID OR UNAPPROVED CHARGERS. The batteries usually do not require a charge ever as long as you remove the battery when your not using the bike for an extended period of time and bring the battery inside when its cold.

We will also be poking around here to offer any support to our customers and Authorized Dealers!
We want to change how Lithium power is percieved. The reliance of 12v electronics in modern motorsports is now everywhere; clean, strong and reliable battery signal is key and nobody understands this concept better than us.

check out our Facebook page and Follow us on Instagram: Speedcell Technologies
Speedcell Technologies
Ronniek is offline  
post #19 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
SBU - For all things fast!
 
SBK Unlimited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,725
Garage
We've been using the stock location. It works perfectly fine and does not interfere with the IMU. Bear in mind that the original battery was not designed for the R1. It's been used for years by Yamaha for all sorts of dirt and road models. So changing it is not as much of a concern as has been said by some.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
along with
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lowest prices guaranteed!

2015 WERA National Superbike/CCS SE Unl GP/Unl Superbike Champions



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us!:
Facebook.com/SuperbikeUnlimited
Instagram.com/SuperbikeUnlimited
SBK Unlimited is offline  
post #20 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 08:34 AM
Collector
 
Ronniek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,018
Nice! So the 8 cell has the same dimensions as stock and the oem battery clamp will work to secure it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK Unlimited View Post
We've been using the stock location. It works perfectly fine and does not interfere with the IMU. Bear in mind that the original battery was not designed for the R1. It's been used for years by Yamaha for all sorts of dirt and road models. So changing it is not as much of a concern as has been said by some.
Ronniek is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome