FS: 07-08 R1 Aftermarket Parts - Ohlins, Brembo, BST, Lightech, Dynojet, Leo Vince - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Bike Parts For Sale Bikes Parts for sale only. Want to sell something? Be descriptive about the Part or Parts you wish to sell and include pictures.
New members must have TWO months (60 days) prior to selling.

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Sexy R1 Parts 4 sale!!!

FS: 07-08 R1 Aftermarket Parts - Ohlins, Brembo, BST, Lightech, Dynojet, Leo Vince

parting out a pretty sexy R1 I bought, but now cant afford.... le sigh
If any of the prices seem way off base, please let me know via PM, as i'm not sure how much this stuff is worth on the "used" market.
Please note that the front suspension and front brakes must sell together

All parts are in the California bay area.
All prices are BEST OFFER !!!

I dont have a lot of posts here, but I have a lot over at BARF:
www.bayarearidersforum.com
and Ebay is the same "SpeedyCorky" name as well, so buy with confidence.

Post up, better yet or email me at
SpeedyCorky@Gmail.com

PCIII with (GP shift) quickshifter. $220 obo
also Ignition advance control $60 obo

R&G case covers / sliders
$30 shipped

Bought a super clapped out R1, but since lost my job and such - so I'm gonna part it out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SpeedyCorky; 03-17-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Sexy R1 Parts 4 sale!!!

BST carbon fiber REAR rim
seriously excellent shape rear rim; comes with lightweight rotor and a super sexy and nearly new sexy lightweight rear sprocket. Pirelli slicks mounted which have closer to 70% tread, and new wheel bearings as well!!!
A new CF rear rim *only* sets you back a whopping $2200 without a sprocket or rotor, but from me, with the sexy rotor and sprocket, all for $1500

also gonna add this fuel tank. no pump. $100

OEM radiator. some damage but no leaks. OK shape. $40

Bought a super clapped out R1, but since lost my job and such - so I'm gonna part it out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SpeedyCorky; 03-06-2017 at 06:14 PM.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Chillin'

Garage
You didn't state what size the rotors are.

And I'm sure your going to end up having to separate those parts and sell separately.

With that being said, PM me price for the calipers.

Last edited by One2; 01-08-2017 at 04:39 PM.

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 05:07 PM
I eat my R1

@One2 I hate you...

YouTube Channel

Grateful for the assistance and support of my family and friends. But sometimes the line is blurred: meet Banky
My friend and sponsor.

Track Ambassador

Sponsored Rider

post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 05:21 PM
I eat my R1

"Front wheel fairing, otherwise known as "front fender"

J/K, some great parts in here, wish I could afford them for my 07. GLWS.

post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Sexy R1 Parts 4 sale!!!

not sure the size of the rotors, they are just a touch larger in diameter than OEM (by about 6mm total on the diameter), and they fit with the calipers.

calipers and rotors go together

front forks I might be able to separate
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Sexy R1 Parts 4 sale!!!

delete

Last edited by SpeedyCorky; 03-06-2017 at 06:13 PM.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 07:33 PM
The Doctor's Assistant

PMed you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by APO2112 View Post
@One2 I hate you...
@One2 I hate you too
APO2112 likes this.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Sexy R1 Parts 4 sale!!!

added to original post:

forks, calipers, rotors

It must sell as a set, as it all fits together! The mounting bolt spacing for these calipers is NOT the same as the OEM R1 calipers - you can NOT mix and match OEM parts here.

At this time I cant split the calipers and rotors, because it will leave me with the forks that no one wants because they would also have to buy calipers!
So it MUST all sell as a set: forks, calipers, rotors

post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 03:02 AM
I eat my R1

I find that hard to believe considering the forks are FGRT 808's (unless I'm mistaken of course). And if that is the case then those calipers are 130 mil spacing witch is the stock spacing for 07-14 R1's.

I have a set of those forks. Very good piece of gear, titanium brackets, titanium fasteners, VERY good 25mil carts that are more adjustable (via valving) than the current 30mil Ohilns carts. People would be foolish not to jump on the forks alone!

YouTube Channel

Grateful for the assistance and support of my family and friends. But sometimes the line is blurred: meet Banky
My friend and sponsor.

Track Ambassador

Sponsored Rider

post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 07:27 AM
Chillin'

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyCorky View Post
added to original post:

forks, calipers, rotors

It must sell as a set, as it all fits together! The mounting bolt spacing for these calipers is NOT the same as the OEM R1 calipers - you can NOT mix and match OEM parts here.

At this time I cant split the calipers and rotors, because it will leave me with the forks that no one wants because they would also have to buy calipers!
So it MUST all sell as a set: forks, calipers, rotors

The oversized Brembo HPK rotors will fit OEM. If they are larger than OEM then they are 320mm like pictured below.

Last edited by One2; 01-09-2017 at 07:31 AM.
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 07:42 AM
Chillin'

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by APO2112 View Post
@One2 I hate you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masao Furusawa View Post
PMed you.

@One2 I hate you too
You two can have it once we convince him that he doesn't have to sell everything as a set because they "work together". Seems as if he or she doesn't know much about the products he or she is selling.
APO2112 likes this.

post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 08:42 AM
Roadclosed racing Instructor

What are the forks actually from if they aren't 130mm spacing?
Are they 100mm(Standard Euro Caliper spacing) spacing caliper or 108mm(Standard Japanese Spacing)?

How much for the used Brembo rotors pending they are 320mm rotors which would make sense. That's stock size for 04-06 and 15-current R1's and are interchangeable.
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 08:43 AM
The Doctor's Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by One2 View Post
You two can have it once we convince him that he doesn't have to sell everything as a set because they "work together". Seems as if he or she doesn't know much about the products he or she is selling.
You're right man, I knew that there is no way in hell that these calipers and rotors won't OEM setups, there are no specific Supersport rotors not HP calipers that are meant ONLY for specific Ohlins forks. They don't exist. But I understand where he is coming from, he doesn't want to be stuck with some parts because he sold the other 'half'.

Rest assured OP, bike specific forks are designed to fit with the OEM setup of the relative bikes they are aimed at. So if these forks are meant for th 07-08 R1 then they should fit the 07-08 R1 OEM calipers and rotors.
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 08:45 AM
The Doctor's Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by One2 View Post
The oversized Brembo HPK rotors will fit OEM. If they are larger than OEM then they are 320mm like pictured below.

Yup, but they only fit because you used spacers with your OEM calipers.
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Sexy R1 Parts 4 sale!!!

the bolt spacing on my brembo calipers is closer than OEM R1.
the OEM R1 uses 6 piston calipers, so 3 pads either side of the caliper, so big spacing between the mounting bolts. the brembos i have are 4 piston, so 2 'pads' per side, hence the closer mounting bolt placement

the calipers are the 108mm spacing, standard Japanese setup. so they will fit on a R6, for example
and yes, seeing those brembo rotors installed on a stock R1 setup, i guess they would fit w/o the brembo calipers required, but yea u gotta get spacers for the OEM calipers

i'm worried that if i sell the calipers, I will be left with the forks that will be a bit harder to sell. the forks work SOOOOOO well, jesus did this bike handle w/ the suspension on it... like razor blade kinda sharp kinda wowozerz

Last edited by SpeedyCorky; 01-09-2017 at 10:16 AM.
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Roadclosed racing Instructor

What bike were the forks designed for originally? Are they R6 spec forks?
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 10:25 AM
The Doctor's Assistant

Alright so the calipers will definitely not fit 09-14 OEM forks.

Are both sets of rotors 320mm?
post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 10:48 AM
I eat my R1

Put a tape measure on the fork/caliper mounting point please. I find it hard to believe you have Fg43 forks or something similar. The only other explanation is those öhlins forks came from a 04-06 R1.

Also the difference in 6 pot vs 4 pot calipers doesn't necessarily mean what you're saying

YouTube Channel

My friend and sponsor.

Track Ambassador

Sponsored Rider

post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Sexy R1 Parts 4 sale!!!

both brembo rotor sets are the same, so 320mm
as said the bolt spacing on the calipers (and forks) is 108mm

i dont know what forks they were 'designed for', I'm pretty sure the R6 for diameter is a bit smaller (?)

Thank you for helping me identify what I have here. and no, i dont know much about the parts, to me, i just pulled it off the bike and replaced with OEM. I just want to sell them at a price that is fair for both parties.

Last edited by SpeedyCorky; 03-17-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode