Graves R1 Garage - Page 2 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Graves Motorsports AMA Championship Winning Motorcycle Exhausts and Accessories: Graves Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 301 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 12:07 PM
My R1 eats me.

Thanks again Taige. I spoke to your UK guy Race Performance Parts today, i'm going to go for the stainless system. As soon as my next pay cheque clears, it's mine!!!! Woo Hoo!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 301 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher05 View Post
Thanks again Taige. I spoke to your UK guy Race Performance Parts today, i'm going to go for the stainless system. As soon as my next pay cheque clears, it's mine!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Good choice. I have run the full stainless on my R6 for the last year and it has been perfect in every aspect.
Keep me informed on how it goes and send me a picture for our gallery when you get a chance. Thanks, taige

taige@gravesport.com
post #23 of 301 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 02:40 AM
My R1 eats me.

Taige,

What BHP gains are to be expected on my 09R1 when i run your high mount system with aftermarket filter and Power Commander?

post #24 of 301 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 07:55 AM
My R1 eats me.

Quote:
Taige,

What BHP gains are to be expected on my 09R1 when i run your high mount system with aftermarket filter and Power Commander?
Taige....Beau.....???? Can you tell me the above please guy's?
post #25 of 301 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Racer - WERA Expert # 125

ditto...
post #26 of 301 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 06:42 AM
My R1 eats me.

Quote:
Taige,

Bump???
post #27 of 301 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Taige,

Stock air filter, Graves exhaust, PCV

High mount-

11 HP @ 8000 rpm
8.9 HP @ 11,900 rpm (Peak rpm)

Low mount-
11 HP @ 8000 rpm
9 HP @ 11,900 rpm (Peak rpm)
post #28 of 301 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 11:45 AM
My R1 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves 09 View Post

High mount-

11 HP @ 8000 rpm

Low mount-
11 HP @ 8000 rpm
Thanks Taige,

I spoke to RPP again today, he has what i want in stock Just one more thing. How come i don't see any of your system in the UK?
post #29 of 301 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 09:12 PM
R1 ate me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves 09 View Post

High mount-

11 HP @ 8000 rpm

Low mount-
11 HP @ 8000 rpm
Is that with a downloaded map or a full custom tune?

Troy
2009 R1, 1988 YSR50, 2003 XR50
post #30 of 301 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by treimche View Post
Is that with a downloaded map or a full custom tune?
A downloaded map is a full custom "Fuel" tune. Do you mean , degreed cam sprockets, compression lift, etc. (no extra tuning like thatwas done)

These results were from a stock OE motorcycle with exhaust and PCV.
Hope this help. If you have any further questions let me know. Taige
post #31 of 301 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 03:04 PM
R1 ate me

I guess what I was asking is, was that PCV map tuned on that specific bike? Reason I'm asking, is there are some local guys to me that have a dyno. After tuning a PCV on the dyno, they are seeing a few more HP than some of the maps that were downloaded. I don't have much experience on this subject, so thats why I'm asking. Thanks.

Troy
post #32 of 301 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Candy Freakin Red

All dyno's give different answers due too many variables.

2007 CANDY RED R1
GYT-R AIR FILTER/A&R RACE BAFFLES/GRAVES SMOG BLOCK-OFFS/FENDER ELIMINATOR/L.E.D. LIGHTING/HOTBODIES FLUSH MOUNTS/ Leo Vince Y-PIPE/TFI GEN 3/Cyko Toxic Rims/-2 front sprocket
post #33 of 301 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by treimche View Post
I guess what I was asking is, was that PCV map tuned on that specific bike? Reason I'm asking, is there are some local guys to me that have a dyno. After tuning a PCV on the dyno, they are seeing a few more HP than some of the maps that were downloaded. I don't have much experience on this subject, so thats why I'm asking. Thanks.
There are so many variables that come into play regarding dyno results.
The dyno, the tuner, the room, the temperature, the humidity, the bike, mileage.....you get the point. Some of the things to look for accurate comparisons are-

(1) Back to back test comparative test. Dyno the bike with the stock exhaust then, in the same room on the same dyno, with the same motorcycle, do a run with the aftermarket exhaust. This should show accurate gains between the runs. It is very difficult to have one bike dyno test run on one dyno, in one room, with one tuner and then 2 weeks later take the bike to a different dyno, different location, with a different tuner and expect a similar result. Now a custom tune definitely has potential to produce more horsepower than one of our download maps because again you are tuning to a specific set of circumstances which is always better.

(2) Avoid the need for a fully custom map. One concept that has recently taken fuel management to another level is the Dynojet Auto Tune. This is one of Chuck Graves favorite new toys for his 2009 R1.
This is a separate device about the size of a large pack of juicy fruit gum.
It has its own oxygen sensor that you install into the O2 location we offer in every Graves Exhaust system (except the slip ons in which you to retain your stock O2 location). This sensor sends air/fuel measurements back to the PC so that it may adjust accordingly. This is like having your own dyno everywhere you go and a custom map at every turn. TRICK !!!
This also allows you to switch between ecomomic and race maps, it will adjust when elevation change occurs, it will base its middle point off of your downloaded map and then adjust 20% up or down to retain correct A/R. This will not only give optimum power but you will get better relative fuel mileage.
There is a lot of great features with the PCV and Auto tune. We will have a complete web page describing this in full on our website by the end of the day.

Thanks, taige
post #34 of 301 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Racer - WERA Expert # 125

Looking forward to it Taige!
post #35 of 301 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 05:46 PM
R1 ate me

I understand all the variables when comparing dyno numbers. They start off with the bike running very well off of a map for that bike, and then tune from there. It's always the same dyno, same tuner, I don't know if its the same day/temp, etc, thats going to depend on everyone's schedules. But thanks for the info. I can't wait to gather parts and the PCV w/ autotune, that sounds perfect!

Troy
post #36 of 301 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 08:05 AM
I eat my R1

i would like to hear your input about the Bazzaz z-fi with z-afm for a 2006 R1. would there be any gain over a pc3? or any info or recommendation on your part.
post #37 of 301 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 04:08 PM
No Shame In My Game

i have an 07 r1 with a graves y pipe and graves titanium slip ons. how much would it benefit me to throw on some graves headers?

No Shame In My Game!
post #38 of 301 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt101/bling View Post
i have an 07 r1 with a graves y pipe and graves titanium slip ons. how much would it benefit me to throw on some graves headers?
The header design can defintely add some significant performance in all the right areas but unfortunately you cannot fit headers up to the cat eliminator system. the sizing and connection points are different. You would have to sell the CE and get a full. It is worth it if power is your main consideration. Thanks, taige
post #39 of 301 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 05:46 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Monoxide View Post
i would like to hear your input about the Bazzaz z-fi with z-afm for a 2006 R1. would there be any gain over a pc3? or any info or recommendation on your part.
can i get an answer or some info emailed to johnblaze11@aol.com or even pm. help Graves
post #40 of 301 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Monoxide View Post
can i get an answer or some info emailed to johnblaze11@aol.com or even pm. help Graves

Here are my thoughts on Dynojet vs. Bazzaz.....
Both companies build a quality product....both companies have great engineers and good technology....... however there is one items that puts Dynojet up on top. It is the industry standard. The parts, service, dynamometers, fuel maps.....basically anything you need or want from them is extremely easy to acquire. With one phone call, email or trip to an authorized dealer and you can immediately fix any problems or tune for power.
It has been tested and tested for years on the street and everybody knows Dynojet. With all of this testing, come reliability. They have spent years and "working out the bugs". Bazzaz has been around for a while however when you talk about Dynojet you are talking about tens of thousands of riders using the product over the coarse of years and years. They are very connected to the street rider and racer alike. Not saying these are reasons to choose one item over the other however they are important.
Ask yourself 3 questions.
What is most important to you in choosing a fuel management system?
If you just want a reliable unit that will allow you to remap the bike easily go Dyanojet.
If you are looking for maybe some additional features like traction control then go with Bazzaz.
What are you using it for?
If you are running around on the street ....at this point I would suggest the DJ unit simply for the fact that it is proven very reliable and almost every decent mechanic knows how to work with Dynojet products.
If you are racing the bike and then both companies will get the job done, It is a matter of what are you and your mechanic use to working with ?
What level of skills do you have?
I would estimate that 9 out of 10 tuner shops know how to use Dynojet products, in fact a majority of them probably have the DJ dynos in house. Bazzaz is growing but you will not have as many tuners familiar with that product. If you are low on the level of mechanical skills and you just want to
download a map and install the unit onto the bike.....and not have to think about it for a long time. Just ride.....I would push you toward the Dynojet.

Either way.... like I said both companies build and design quality product....however just for the fact of it's proven reliability, household name in tuning, and the easy to use components I would edge toward Dynojet. Thats what I have run on my R6 and it has had 0 problems. I feel confident about going out for long rides and if anything breaks it probably will not be my Power Commander. (2 knocks on the wood of my desk).
I am still working with a PC111 but very soon I want to move to a PCV....I have been learning about it and hearing that it is really advance incomparison to the PC111. Thanks, taige

Thats my belief for now. Thanks, taige
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode