Graves R1 Garage - Page 5 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Graves Motorsports AMA Championship Winning Motorcycle Exhausts and Accessories: Graves Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 301 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 05:40 PM
YEC Reflash is awesome!

Anybody have any idea on the question about the endcaps aon the previous page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 301 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 09:13 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves 09 View Post
The header design can defintely add some significant performance in all the right areas but unfortunately you cannot fit headers up to the cat eliminator system. the sizing and connection points are different. You would have to sell the CE and get a full. It is worth it if power is your main consideration. Thanks, taige
Why are these people advertisizng that you can upgrade to a full system?
http://www.indysuperbike.com/custome...t=35160&page=1

~2010 R1-Raven
post #83 of 301 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 06:00 AM
I eat my R1

Guess graves is busy racing right now. lol Anyway, i just ordered the Graves Cat eliminator and hope it's as good as people say it is.

~2010 R1-Raven

post #84 of 301 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 06:23 AM
I eat my R1

I wanna get one too,just not sure which one yet
post #85 of 301 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 11:16 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatec View Post
Guess graves is busy racing right now. lol Anyway, i just ordered the Graves Cat eliminator and hope it's as good as people say it is.

That is correct.
The 2009-2010 Graves cat eliminator system allows you to purchase an up grade kit to a full system by purchasing headers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

www.gravesport.com
post #86 of 301 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 11:20 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Graves View Post
That is correct.
The 2009-2010 Graves cat eliminator system allows you to purchase an up grade kit to a full system by purchasing headers.
Nice!. Thanks for the reply and kick a$$ in the AMA

~2010 R1-Raven

Last edited by seatec; 04-26-2010 at 11:22 AM.
post #87 of 301 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 12:13 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystortdreality View Post
Anybody have any idea on the question about the endcaps aon the previous page?
We install the director on the end cap for 2 reasons.

If a customer installs the system and the mapping is incorrect at small throttle openings and off gas, the likelihood that the exhaust gases will burn the tail sections is reduced by directing the pulse.

The sound is also reduced without a power loss.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

www.gravesport.com
post #88 of 301 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 03:49 PM
YEC Reflash is awesome!

Quote:
We install the director on the end cap for 2 reasons.

If a customer installs the system and the mapping is incorrect at small throttle openings and off gas, the likelihood that the exhaust gases will burn the tail sections is reduced by directing the pulse.

The sound is also reduced without a power loss.
If I decide I want to try taking them out can they be put back, or do I have to cut them to get them out? If I have to cut them I'm not doing it. Its hard to cut up a $2000 exhaust... Lol
post #89 of 301 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 04:27 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystortdreality View Post
If I decide I want to try taking them out can they be put back, or do I have to cut them to get them out? If I have to cut them I'm not doing it. Its hard to cut up a $2000 exhaust... Lol
You will damage the end caps if you cut them out.

www.gravesport.com
post #90 of 301 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Updated Cam Chain Tensioner for 2009 R1

Hi ,
What have you guys been running for a cam chain tensioner and have you had any failures on the 2009 R1?I saw an offical tech update from Yamah that states a new one is in development but can get no answers for an eta.

Also , do you guys offer a PC V map for a jett tuning reflash ecu for your exhaust or stock ?

I have your frame sliders and fender eliminator , I,ove your products , I have never seen quality like this ever before in the industry , it's like everything you make was factory , amazing , keep up the good work.My bike has 700 miles and my next upgrade will be your full twin systen and PC V and ECU reflash , if you recceommend it.

Last question , do you know if I could run the Jett Tuning ECU reflash with stock exhaust and no fuel computer without running motor too lean and grenading it?

Thank you for everything!
post #91 of 301 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 07:48 AM
I eat my R1

I put the Cat eliminator Graves on last night. NICE!!!! One thing though. Check engine light on. What could be the problem. Did a quick search but ZIP.
I have the 2010.

~2010 R1-Raven
post #92 of 301 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 08:13 AM
tHE GODFATHER

Send a message via AIM to SpidermanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky69 View Post
Hi ,
What have you guys been running for a cam chain tensioner and have you had any failures on the 2009 R1?I saw an offical tech update from Yamah that states a new one is in development but can get no answers for an eta.

Also , do you guys offer a PC V map for a jett tuning reflash ecu for your exhaust or stock ?

I have your frame sliders and fender eliminator , I,ove your products , I have never seen quality like this ever before in the industry , it's like everything you make was factory , amazing , keep up the good work.My bike has 700 miles and my next upgrade will be your full twin systen and PC V and ECU reflash , if you recceommend it.

Last question , do you know if I could run the Jett Tuning ECU reflash with stock exhaust and no fuel computer without running motor too lean and grenading it?

Thank you for everything!

We usually optimize the tuning with a power commander (and have a map for that alone) and then use the auto tune add-on to keep a/f correct.

www.gravesport.com

/
/
/

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN

Twitter:
/

Instagram:
/

KILO 3483 : fastblueR1 : K_FleXXX : GLENN "ELVIS" : Gawarrior : Vman1300 : Bandrews
post #93 of 301 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 01:38 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
I put the Cat eliminator Graves on last night. NICE!!!! One thing though. Check engine light on. What could be the problem. Did a quick search but ZIP.
I have the 2010.

The stock lambda must be unplugged, correct?
Did you install a PC5?

www.gravesport.com
post #94 of 301 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 01:40 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
The stock lambda must be unplugged, correct?
Did you install a PC5?
Stock what?? lambda? and no, havent installed a PC5

~2010 R1-Raven
post #95 of 301 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 02:13 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Stock what?? lambda? and no, havent installed a PC5
If you installed the cat eliminator and did not reinstall the stock air fuel (lambda) sensor you will get an error code.

You should get the PC5 and the auto tune set up for your bike.
The PC5 will come with the error code eliminator for this.

If you like the way in runs now, you will be doing back flips if you install the PC5 with auto tune.
I use this set up on all my personal bikes. I installed it most recently on my WR250X after the pipe install WOW! The mapping will always be perfect with this set up.

www.gravesport.com
post #96 of 301 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 02:15 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
If you installed the cat eliminator and did not reinstall the stock air fuel (lambda) sensor you will get an error code.

You should get the PC5 and the auto tune set up for your bike.
The PC5 will come with the error code eliminator for this.

If you like the way in runs now, you will be doing back flips if you install the PC5 with auto tune.
I use this set up on all my personal bikes. I installed it most recently on my WR250X after the pipe install WOW! The mapping will always be perfect with this set up.
THanks for the tip. i did re install the stock sensor. will look into a PC5.

~2010 R1-Raven
post #97 of 301 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Cct

Hey ,
You completely ignored the cam chain tensioner question , what do you guys use , a manual one or do you have an updated one?
post #98 of 301 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 09:57 AM
I eat my R1

So your saying that we don't wknow hy my check engine light is on because i re-used my lambda and reinstalled it into the bung that came with the Cat Elim. Just to be clear. i never even uninstalled the 02 sensor. could it be becauser the sensor me have had a cable break?

~2010 R1-Raven
post #99 of 301 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 06:54 PM
My R1 eats me.

Hey guys,
I have 2009 R1 and I have a full system + PCV on the way.
How does tuning the bike work with the 09 R1 having the "selectable throttle control maps?" Does the PCV eliminate that feature or can we load mutiple maps, or does it just work with one loaded map?
Thanks in advance!

Graves- good luck this season!
post #100 of 301 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 02:13 PM
I eat my R1

I figured out why the Check Engine light was on. I accidently pulled the ESD fuse when i thought it was a spare to use it for my fried Signal fuse when the rear brake light wire baked on the exhaust. it's all good now.

~2010 R1-Raven
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode