Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

pretty sure i'm leaking oil

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  XxDarkFury01xX 
#1 ·
i was letting my bike warm up in a parking lot so i could go home. as i backed up i noticed little dots of liquid trailing in the parking lot on my left side. i go home and let my bike sit so i can see where the leak was coming from. nothing in my driveway. i pull into the garage and let the bike run while i search for the origin of the potential leak. i think i found it but my mom yelled at me to turn my bike off so i couldnt verify for sure since there wasnt any drips like in the parking lot. i checked my oil levels. it seams fine so its probly a slow leak. it appears to be coming from under my stator cover. i cant really tell thanks to some sort of lube that is also in this location. can someone verify this leak for me. around the stator cover near the gasket appears to be a small coat of oil as well as that big bolt thats under it. thanks guys.

See less See more
#2 ·
You had your bike in for charging issues not too long ago, right? If the shop pulled they cover, then it's on them the replace the gasket so it doesn't leak. Might get away with checking the torque on the screws, worth checking first. Could be it leaks when colder and not expanded like it is when hot.

Mom told you to turn off your bike, how cute. Street lights were coming on, huh?

#3 ·
I'm not gonna bash you for living with your mom. I was living with my wife in my cousin's house last year, that's not much better. It's hard to afford your own place these days.

If you took the bike in for charging issues and now it's leaking at the stator it's 100% the dealer's fault. I would call them up and let them know, and if they don't fix it on their dime maybe try telling Yamaha. Yamaha gives status to WAAAAY WAAAAY WAAAAAAAY too many dealers who probably couldn't pass a certification test for tying shoe strings.

#5 ·
i would laugh at anyone that gives me $hit about living with my mom considering no one knows my age. i'm waiting to move out though. she wants to move and unfortunatly due to her recent behavior, i wouldnt feel comfortable living to far away from her. so getting stuck in a lease isnt a good option for me at the moment.

i renewed my warranty so i'm sure they will make good on it. i'm more pissed that i've only had the bike back for a couple of weeks after not having it for over a month, and now i gotta ride 30 miles with this $hit going on just to get it looked at. i almost want to declare this thing a freaking lemon and just get a 2016 :lol jk

#10 ·
I have two friends with a rsv4 factory and a 1299 pangaile. The duc just hit 15,000 miles and has to pay $1500 just in labor for that service lol. Can't wait to see what the Aprillia is gonna cost for to that service lmao. I'll stick with Jap bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.