Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

I'm baffled... error code 19 issue?

25K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  208Rancher 
#1 ·
Gents,
I am baffled. I had an error code 19 which is the side stand switch so I bypassed it and jumped the wires together. Went into diagnostic mode to clear the code and it will not let me clear it. Also cleared 2 other codes with no issues but, it will not clear the side stand code. I've checked the wires,the wiring harness, and any lead surrounding it but I see nothing. I'm so aggravated lol I walked away from it. I wouldn't think that the side stand would have an inline fuse anywhere but, I could be wrong. I've looked everywhere for anyone with a similar problem. Any help would be a appreciated greatly.

#18 ·
Hi there guys. I know this one is pretty old but I'm having trouble with code 19 with engine lights on. OK, here's what i did, cleaned the switch in the stand, bypassed it and fully charged my battery but still code 19. Then I installed my old ECU (faulty) turned the ignition on. After that put back the my good ECU and code 19 is gone and it starts!! When I'm making the bike warm before riding it about 5 mins the bike cuts off and code 19 again... hope someone can help out here. Thanks

#19 ·
This could be caused by a failing connection in your ignition circuit. Anything from a chafed wire, to a loose connection, or a rusty contact inside your ignition, to a failing main relay could be the cause.

If you've got a spare ignition you could test with, it would be a good start.

#24 ·
Gents,
I am baffled. I had an error code 19 which is the side stand switch so I bypassed it and jumped the wires together. Went into diagnostic mode to clear the code and it will not let me clear it. Also cleared 2 other codes with no issues but, it will not clear the side stand code. I've checked the wires,the wiring harness, and any lead surrounding it but I see nothing. I'm so aggravated lol I walked away from it. I wouldn't think that the side stand would have an inline fuse anywhere but, I could be wrong. I've looked everywhere for anyone with a similar problem. Any help would be a appreciated greatly.
Did anyone find a solution for this issue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.