09-14 R1 Mechanical Help Mechanical and Critical Issues for the 09-14 R1

4Likes
  • 1 Post By esferato
  • 1 Post By esferato
  • 1 Post By Tad158
  • 1 Post By Tad158

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Yamaha R1 2012

hi guys,

anyone know how to change fuel consumptions settings on display to show L/100km instead of km/L?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:11 AM
I eat my R1

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by esferato View Post
hi guys,

anyone know how to change fuel consumptions settings on display to show L/100km instead of km/L?
I'd look at the manual, not sure if it's possible man

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Problem solved. Need to hold select button
gkamp likes this.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 01:56 PM
I eat my R1

Garage
Quote:
Problem solved. Need to hold select button
Sweet, yeah ive set up my shift lights, that's about it

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Have another question. I bought this bike only 1 week ago. Noticed some rattle noise from clutch. Wehen you pull it only 40-50% you can hear rattle noise from clutch and after pulling 100% sound goes away after 1-2 seconds. It's normal or something wrong? I pull out cover and I see that ir not stock clutch but STM Slipper Clutch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R1 Clutch.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	923490  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 03:05 PM
I eat my R1

Garage
Quote:
Have another question. I bought this bike only 1 week ago. Noticed some rattle noise from clutch. Wehen you pull it only 40-50% you can hear rattle noise from clutch and after pulling 100% sound goes away after 1-2 seconds. It's normal or something wrong? I pull out cover and I see that ir not stock clutch but STM Slipper Clutch.
I asked the same question in the forum, a little rattle is normal.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkamp View Post
I asked the same question in the forum, a little rattle is normal.

Sound totaly like in this video This is not 2012 R1 but still the same noise

gkamp likes this.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Here is another problem with starting. I got this only in a morning or if the bike stand a long ~10h without touch. And another video that stupid rattle sound can I start crying?

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 04:20 PM
My R1 eats me.

I have a similar rattle with mine, I'm looking at going with a YEC upgrade kit, but the sound goes away after riding it for a bit as well if you can deal with it in the short term on warm up. Best of luck with regards to the start issue!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Look what I found under cover. STM Slipper clutch
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R1 Clutch.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	923778  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 04:22 AM Thread Starter

New problems....As I mention before, have a problem on hard start in a morning. 3rd attempt and starts, after 30s it stalls! Error code 39 and 40. Turn ignition off/on start again with a little throttle and works fine. What could cause this?
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 06:14 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Here is another problem with starting. I got this only in a morning or if the bike stand a long ~10h without touch. And another video that stupid rattle sound can I start crying?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX-7aohxh3o
How warm was the ambient temperature when this happened to you? My bike (Also a 50'th anniversary edition 2012) does this whenever it's below 50 degree F outside. It gets worse and harder to start the colder it is outside, until it's about 30-32 degrees out, at which point the bike will almost never start from a stone cold situation without killing the battery while trying to start it over and over again. I also have to give it throttle while cranking to get it to start when it's below 50 or it will pop and stall without ever catching idle. I have a Flashtune installed on my bike and have messed with all sorts of settings in there and none seem to make any difference with my cold starts.

-2012 Yamaha R1 50th Aniv. Edition
-2007 Suzuki SV1000S

Last edited by partyman66; 03-30-2017 at 06:31 PM.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyman66 View Post
How warm was the ambient temperature when this happened to you? My bike (Also a 50'th anniversary edition 2012) does this whenever it's below 50 degree F outside. It gets worse and harder to start the colder it is outside, until it's about 30-32 degrees out, at which point the bike will almost never start from a stone cold situation without killing the battery while trying to start it over and over again. I also have to give it throttle while cranking to get it to start when it's below 50 or it will pop and stall without ever catching idle. I have a Flashtune installed on my bike and have messed with all sorts of settings in there and none seem to make any difference with my cold starts.
On Sunday, will be around 65-70F. Will try again but still have stall issues. Look at videos. When it's temp around 180F++ you almost can't feel anything. I can't do power wheelie on 1st gear below 9000RPM and it's easy when over 10k maybe it's normal for these R1's? 2nd video when I very quick turn throttle you can see a little lagging and after 5k RPM it's jumps normally.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 05:05 AM
Astronomer not Astrologer

What ECU image do you have in the bike? What mods have you done? You have a European bike right? Where do you live? Have you checked the TPS and APS sensors in diagnostic mode?

You shouldn't rev a bike when it is still cold and when the dash still says Lo for the coolant temp.
gkamp likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Res. Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS F/R Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke DB Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance&Hines CS One cans, Shogun Sliders, Graves Stacks, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Galespeed VRC MC, CL Braking Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
What ECU image do you have in the bike? What mods have you done? You have a European bike right? Where do you live? Have you checked the TPS and APS sensors in diagnostic mode?

You shouldn't rev a bike when it is still cold and when the dash still says Lo for the coolant temp.
I get this bike from Italy. Full Akrapovic exhaust, Smog OFF Plates, quick shifter and worst thing that I don't know what kind of ECU image is in. Living in Lithuania, +13'' Celsius outside. Checked TPS+APS seems to ok. European model, noticed that immobilizer flash not flashing
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 05:19 AM
Astronomer not Astrologer

Put my image in it...
gkamp likes this.

2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Res. Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS F/R Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke DB Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance&Hines CS One cans, Shogun Sliders, Graves Stacks, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Galespeed VRC MC, CL Braking Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode