Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

New R1 rider from VA

3K views 42 replies 18 participants last post by  Importrepairguy 
#1 ·
I don't know how you guys do it over here, but on the GSX-R forum I usually use we like the new members to introduce themselves a little bit before they start posting all willy-nilly on everything, so here it goes... I've been riding dirt bikes since I was 15 (everything from a 1970's MX360 to an XR-80 or a YZ-250) but just convinced myself it was time to get a streetbike about 2 1/2 years ago, so I picked up a 2006 GSX-R600. After putting 20k+ and 3 new sets of tires on her since then, I figured it was more than time enough for an upgrade! So I began my search, and finally decided on a 2004 R1. She's a beauty, with 16k miles and basically bone stock, save for braided brake lines, adjustable levers and a custom Chrysler "Brilliant Black" paint job. I had never ridden a 1k of any brand before I test rode her, but the difference between this and my 600 was night and day. I knew I had to bring her home after that, so I figured what better way to learn more about my new lady than from fellow riders. So my ears are open, I hope you guys will help me with my journey with my new obsession!

Anyways, enough talking... I know you people really only showed up for the pics. :corn

See less See more
#42 ·
I doubt we'll get anything substantial...but count me out for this weekend too. I'm in the Republica Dominicana for work until next Tuesday or Wednesday. It's supposed to be really nice on Sunday though, so have fun everyone else!

#41 ·
yeah hopefully, I was planning on going this Sunday too but i have a funeral to attend so i won't be going, pray for 60+ the following week though! If so, streets will be slain and speed limits will be obliterated and murdered with no shame of sense of remorse

#43 ·
Welcome to the forum, from fellow GDC old-head. Enjoy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.